3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Who started August 2013? Part II :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287826-who-started-august-2013-part-ii.html)

clbott 09-26-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4849535)
I didn't have any loss this week. I've pretty bummed. Laying off the WF products and hoping for a Whoosh next week!

That is the spirit! Keep at it - we will all get there! Is this what they call the 6 week stall maybe?

nolasmurf 09-26-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clbott (Post 4849548)
That is the spirit! Keep at it - we will all get there! Is this what they call the 6 week stall maybe?

It could be. I'm also ovulating and feeling cruddy

Coreyle 09-26-2013 10:19 PM

Thank you for your advise and taking the time to respond. It's great to have a place where we can support one another.

slownsteady 09-27-2013 09:07 AM

Good Morning Augusters and All! Weigh In #5 today......Hope to at least reach the -20 mark! Wish me luck!

Have a GREAT OP Friday!!

65X65 09-27-2013 09:27 AM

Winter project....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4849362)
Hi August buddies!

6 weeks completed now! 2.4 lbs lost this week, no inches, but glad there is movement somewhere!

I definitely relate to those on the board who are hoping for bigger losses each week. I empathize with your frustration! I thought I would be in the 3-5 range before starting IP because of some of the marketing material I read online, but then my coach (as well as more experienced IP'ers on the boards) said 2-3 is more realistic.

I don't know about others, but for me I think my expectations about weight loss were tied in to my patterns of being used to instant gratification. If I was hungry/bored/tired/sad/happy and so on, I ate in reaction to it. Weight loss isn't always as instantly gratifying as eating for those or any other reason was, but I've got my eyes on the prize! I'm working very hard to stay focused on the big picture rather than get too caught up in every movement of the scale! Keep on protocol and it will happen.

Just remember that at the rate of about 2 lbs a week in 1/2 year...
(The NEXT SEASON of CLOTHES SHOPPING...):belly:

You could weigh about 50 bs less than you do now.....
Mental Check:
* 6 months ago we were all wondering what to wear as the weather started to warm up....
*6 months from NOW....:bike:.....it will be spring:beach: then beach weather!


:snowglo: Work it ..:goodscale .. over this winter ladies!!! :snow4:

:dust:

slownsteady 09-27-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4849795)
Just remember that at the rate of about 2 lbs a week in 1/2 year...
(The NEXT SEASON of CLOTHES SHOPPING...):belly:

You could weigh about 50 bs less than you do now.....

:snowglo: Work it ..:goodscale .. over this winter ladies!!! :snow4:

HA HA! Love this, great graphics :) AND......exactly what I see as my path on IP. I hope to go through the winter continuing to lose "slownsteady" and reach my goal by my 60th birthday in April! At a 2lb average per week - I should do just that! :goodscale:

ecdcslim 09-27-2013 10:52 AM

Good Luck slownsteady - but luck really doesn't come into it. You've been strong, and like 65X65 always says, weight loss isn't the only indicator of progress.

cole22 09-27-2013 01:00 PM

Week 6 WI this morning , lost 4 pounds.. not loosing many inches though , but am happy with the 1/4's and 1/2"s that are gone!

lighthouse101 09-27-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4849795)
Just remember that at the rate of about 2 lbs a week in 1/2 year...
(The NEXT SEASON of CLOTHES SHOPPING...):belly:

You could weigh about 50 bs less than you do now.....
Mental Check:
* 6 months ago we were all wondering what to wear as the weather started to warm up....
*6 months from NOW....:bike:.....it will be spring:beach: then beach weather!


:snowglo: Work it ..:goodscale .. over this winter ladies!!! :snow4:

:dust:

That's an awesome thought! I can not wait for clothes and bathing suit shopping once I reach my goal. 50 lbs will put me pretty darn close too.

schenectady 09-27-2013 01:59 PM

Instant gratification
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4849362)
Hi August buddies!


I don't know about others, but for me I think my expectations about weight loss were tied in to my patterns of being used to instant gratification. If I was hungry/bored/tired/sad/happy and so on, I ate in reaction to it. Weight loss isn't always as instantly gratifying as eating for those or any other reason was, but I've got my eyes on the prize! I'm working very hard to stay focused on the big picture rather than get too caught up in every movement of the scale! Keep on protocol and it will happen.

You are so right about the instant gratification! Something hard to handle and I reach for Ben&Jerry, in private where no one can see how badly I eat. Very embarrassing if I were ever caught. I used to have to drive out to the store to replace the ice cream I ate in case anyone went looking for their favorite treat that I ate!

So we do need to exercise patience and that is foreign concept for me. I have done well since I dropped a lot in the beginning, but the last two weeks have been real challenges. I will see how it goes at my next weight in. Maybe I will whooossshhh?

shannonhs 09-27-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4849795)
Just remember that at the rate of about 2 lbs a week in 1/2 year...
(The NEXT SEASON of CLOTHES SHOPPING...):belly:

You could weigh about 50 bs less than you do now.....
Mental Check:
* 6 months ago we were all wondering what to wear as the weather started to warm up....
*6 months from NOW....:bike:.....it will be spring:beach: then beach weather!


:snowglo: Work it ..:goodscale .. over this winter ladies!!! :snow4:

:dust:

That's very inspiring. I keep telling myself, when we go to Florida in March, I'm going to look great and hit those outlet malls HARD! And I'll be wearing a small swimsuit by the pool everyday!

lisa32989 09-27-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4850031)
You are so right about the instant gratification! Something hard to handle and I reach for Ben&Jerry, in private where no one can see how badly I eat. Very embarrassing if I were ever caught. I used to have to drive out to the store to replace the ice cream I ate in case anyone went looking for their favorite treat that I ate!

So we do need to exercise patience and that is foreign concept for me. I have done well since I dropped a lot in the beginning, but the last two weeks have been real challenges. I will see how it goes at my next weight in. Maybe I will whooossshhh?

Whether you do or do not whoosh (I wish you a whoosh), you will power-through anyway b/c the alternative is frightening (at least in my life it is).

Returning to eating like that (we share those behaviors) would be the "death" of me. I just don't think I have it in me to get a lot of weight off again. This MUST be my last diet.

And one this this doggone diet has taught me is patience.

lighthouse101 09-27-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4850059)
Whether you do or do not whoosh (I wish you a whoosh), you will power-through anyway b/c the alternative is frightening (at least in my life it is).

Returning to eating like that (we share those behaviors) would be the "death" of me. I just don't think I have it in me to get a lot of weight off again. This MUST be my last diet.

And one this this doggone diet has taught me is patience.

I wish you a whoosh too, schenectady. Let's kiss those pounds goodbye, never to be seen again!

schenectady 09-27-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4850059)
Returning to eating like that (we share those behaviors) would be the "death" of me. I just don't think I have it in me to get a lot of weight off again. This MUST be my last diet.

And one this this doggone diet has taught me is patience.

Lisa, you always make me either smile or laugh! If I can be taught patience through IP, that would be a certifiable miracle. Fifty nine years of not being patient, what can I say?

I do NOT ever want to return to those destructive eating patterns and I know I will rely so much on this board to help keep me going through maintenance successfully.

Weigh in on Monday with no idea of where it will be - had CAT scan and had to drink two 15 ounce doses of "barium contrast" as well as being given an IV, which may have had something in it more than the barium? Crap shoot on those as to what they will do - cause a real wooooosh?

Avalon1957 09-27-2013 03:57 PM

Lisa, I am curious about your recent stall. So you are still on phase 1 but not losing? Is that common for a lot of people as you approach goal weight? Have the coaches helped with any additional guidance on breaking through? Just thought you might have some nuggets to share to help other dieters out as we'll all be down to within 10% of goal weight soon.

Personally my goal is 190, but I haven't been below 222 in 20+years. So I wonder if my body will just get to a point that it says, "that's it, you're not going to lose anymore". At that point I might just have to be happy that I got close to goal and then try my darnedest to maintain at that level.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.