3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Who started August 2013? Part II :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287826-who-started-august-2013-part-ii.html)

Clarington45 11-16-2013 07:39 AM

I don't know a lot about the phasing off but I admire your ability to stay with the plan as well as you have :)..

I have struggled with staying OP but am not giving up, have tweaked it a bit, I have been quite concerned with hair loss.. my personal goal is to get into the 100 by Christmas.. I will do it.. and I also joined a gym yesterday, it's right near my work and plan to go on my lunch hour..

I am very happy I found this website, great motivation, I check it many times a day ) Everyone is doing great..

kcdoe 11-16-2013 11:54 AM

Hello my August IP friends. I returned from a 14 day hospital stay Monday. Thank you for the well wishes!!!! lost 12 lbs in the hospital of course bowel obstruction means they don't let you eat other then through an IV until things work. SO I'm at 52 lbs now LOL talk about extreme dieting :(.
I'm now struggling though. I cannot be on phase 1 because my body needs the extra carbs and calories to heal. But a week of eating whatever (even though barely eating) has scared me of returning to old habits. SO I must find something that works, I think phase 4 in combination with Phase 2, any thoughts? Have any of you weaned off for vacations and then back on?

I miss this diet :( I knew exactly what to eat now feeling lost!!

Glad to return to my life thank God!!!

ReenHag 11-16-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4883267)
Hey Augusters, how's everyone doing? I'm hoping well. I see some folks over in the daily thread . Things are a bit wonky for me right now. My scale is showing a gain from last week but it is TOM :(

Getting a little bored with the food choices. Trying a few different recipes out. My sweetie liked Scorbetts chili last night. I think we'll be eating that for a few days! Lol

Hi, NOLASmurf! Doing okay up here, although the cold weather and being colder due to IP are not making me a happy camper! :shocksn: LOL Couple that with not having sweaters or long-sleeved shirts that fit. I think I have to run to Goodwill today and find a few to tide me over.

I have been getting a little bored with some foods, too. We've been enjoying more seafood lately, especially scallops. Yum! I also got turned on to the turnips and jicama. Planning to phase off for the holidays, too. Fingers crossed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 (Post 4884090)
I can't believe I am saying this but I'm pretty sure that I have decided to phase off for a while. I love this diet and have had such huge success but in the past three weeks I have been losing hair by the handfuls and it is freaking me out. I spoke with my regular doctor (not an IP coach) who was supportive of me being on this diet and checked me out before and she said the only sure fire way to stop the hair loss is to get out of ketosis. I have long hair that I love and took me so long to grow out!!! I have lost 37 pounds as of this morning and am within spitting distance of the 130s where I have not been since the early 90s!! I hate to stop now but I would hate a bald patch more. I talked to my coach and she suggested phasing off for the holidays and seeing how my body does and maybe going back on phase one after the new year. I just can't decide. I love the way my body looks now and I have gone from a size 14 to a size 6, I just don't feel done yet. I really wanted to get to 130, phase off properly and never let myself get out of the 130s again. I have not cheated once on this diet and have been in ketosis the whole time. I have tried upping my calcium and fish oil and added Biotin but the hair is coming out in handfuls!!! It's hard not to feel like a quitter but I am trying to think of it as a pause not a stop. Anyone else losing their hair like this?!

This, as others have said, is definitely not a failure or quitting. Best of luck with phasing off and with your hair loss. Mine has seemed to slow down a bit, possibly due to taking the biotin every day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcdoe (Post 4884406)
Hello my August IP friends. I returned from a 14 day hospital stay Monday. Thank you for the well wishes!!!!

Glad you are on the road to recovery! I know you will do well, whatever plan you take as you're recovering.

Well, Augusters, here we are, in mid-November. I love seeing all the success and the support on these boards! We have cheered each other through thr losses and NSV's and lifted each other up over obstacles and rough patches. The info and support on this site has really been a driving force, at least for me, through this weight loss process. I have gained a lot of insights and confidence to move forward into maintenance over the next few weeks. It still blows my mind how well IP works! I am just waiting for these darn "love handles" to leave, but otherwise, I am so happy! :cb::cb:

Have a super weekend, all! :dust:

lighthouse101 11-16-2013 10:50 PM

Hi Augusters,

Great to hear from all of you and about your amazing progress! Sorry to hear some of you have been struggling with side effects and other medical issues and I'm sending healing thoughts your way!

As of my WI today I am exactly halfway to my goal! I just completed a mini phase off as I will be away for about 10 days for a little vacay and then a business trip, so will not have another WI for 2 weeks. Although I won't be completely OP while away, I plan to be moderate in everything and use this time as an experiment for my eventual maintenance, and then back to phase 1 as soon as I get back. I'll check in here when I can - best to all of you!

slownsteady 11-17-2013 10:05 PM

Hi Everyone - been a busy weekend and I haven't taken the time to check in. Weigh in tomorrow, really hoping to have lost at least 1 lb so I can see those 80's!! Have a great evening, get some nice, uninterrupted zzzz's, and see you bright and early Monday morning! :)

kcdoe 11-18-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarington45 (Post 4884272)
I don't know a lot about the phasing off but I admire your ability to stay with the plan as well as you have :)..

I have struggled with staying OP but am not giving up, have tweaked it a bit, I have been quite concerned with hair loss.. my personal goal is to get into the 100 by Christmas.. I will do it.. and I also joined a gym yesterday, it's right near my work and plan to go on my lunch hour..

I am very happy I found this website, great motivation, I check it many times a day ) Everyone is doing great..

Clarington are you just starting back on this program?
I've loved this program and found that for me success comes by finding ways to have what I crave within the program. Such as pizza. Which I make using the tomato basil soup as bread. Walden farms ketchup for sauce, veggies of choice and veggie mozzarella cheese. That's one of many to feel like I'm eating normal food and not depriving myself ;) good luck to you we are here if you need support!!!! :hug:

kcdoe 11-18-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4884711)
Hi Augusters,

Great to hear from all of you and about your amazing progress! Sorry to hear some of you have been struggling with side effects and other medical issues and I'm sending healing thoughts your way!

As of my WI today I am exactly halfway to my goal! I just completed a mini phase off as I will be away for about 10 days for a little vacay and then a business trip, so will not have another WI for 2 weeks. Although I won't be completely OP while away, I plan to be moderate in everything and use this time as an experiment for my eventual maintenance, and then back to phase 1 as soon as I get back. I'll check in here when I can - best to all of you!

Lighthouse I'm trying that also for the first time. Not successful so far but start anew today. Lisa guided me to the alternate phase plans which adds more food and carbs to each meal and I'm starting with that today ;)

I'm also hoping to be well enough to go to new York with my sister this weekend and know I will want to eat there!! I bought her tickets to go to the ambassador theater to see Chicago for her birthday.

Wish us both luck please let us know how you do!!

kcdoe 11-18-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4884488)
Hi, NOLASmurf! Doing okay up here, although the cold weather and being colder due to IP are not making me a happy camper! :shocksn: LOL Couple that with not having sweaters or long-sleeved shirts that fit. I think I have to run to Goodwill today and find a few to tide me over.

I have been getting a little bored with some foods, too. We've been enjoying more seafood lately, especially scallops. Yum! I also got turned on to the turnips and jicama. Planning to phase off for the holidays, too. Fingers crossed!



This, as others have said, is definitely not a failure or quitting. Best of luck with phasing off and with your hair loss. Mine has seemed to slow down a bit, possibly due to taking the biotin every day.



Glad you are on the road to recovery! I know you will do well, whatever plan you take as you're recovering.

Well, Augusters, here we are, in mid-November. I love seeing all the success and the support on these boards! We have cheered each other through thr losses and NSV's and lifted each other up over obstacles and rough patches. The info and support on this site has really been a driving force, at least for me, through this weight loss process. I have gained a lot of insights and confidence to move forward into maintenance over the next few weeks. It still blows my mind how well IP works! I am just waiting for these darn "love handles" to leave, but otherwise, I am so happy! :cb::cb:

Have a super weekend, all! :dust:

Thank you hey I've looked through all lessons and cannot figure out how to respond to multiple people/quotes in one response as you have here. Can you tell me how please?:?::?:

slownsteady 11-18-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcdoe (Post 4885387)
Thank you hey I've looked through all lessons and cannot figure out how to respond to multiple people/quotes in one response as you have here. Can you tell me how please?:?::?:

At the bottom, right side of each post, there are 3 icons. The middle one is a "quotation mark". When you click on this, it turns red. You can read through posts, "marking" the ones you want to respond to along the way. When you are ready to respond, click on "Post Reply" at the bottom, left of the page. You'll see that all of the posts have been included. Suggestion - you may want to address only a few sentences of a very long post. You can include only the portion of the person's post that you want to address by deleting all but the part you are addressing. You just have to be sure to leave/start with the [QUOTE... ] and leave/end with the [/QUOTE ] for EACH post. In between [QUOTE... ] and [/QUOTE ] (in each post) is what pulls into your post. Hope this makes sense! Good luck! :)

ecdcslim 11-18-2013 12:15 PM

Good morning Augusters. Weigh-in number 9 Saturday, down another 2.6! I leave for a 2 week vacation next Sunday, to South America so getting about nervous about the veggies. I thought I had a plan to bring my own water purification tablets to purify water and wash my own lettuce, cucumbers and celery but people are telling me that it won't prevent me from getting ill cause veggies with lots of water in them - like lettuce - will have the bacteria IN the plants as well. Which just seems stupid to me but several people have said it - anybody know anything about this?

AliExpat 11-18-2013 01:37 PM

Hello Lovelies!!

I had my 12th WI today and it was a BIG week this week...4.7 down!!!! So happy!!! 36 pounds gone in 12 weeks!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

vachinyc 11-18-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliExpat (Post 4885583)
I had my 12th WI today and it was a BIG week this week...4.7 down!!!! So happy!!! 36 pounds gone in 12 weeks!!!

Big congrats to you! Awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4885529)
Weigh-in number 9 Saturday, down another 2.6!

Woo Hoo. Congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4885221)
Weigh in tomorrow, really hoping to have lost at least 1 lb so I can see those 80's!!

Good luck slownsteady. I hope the scale is kind. If it isn't tho, just kick it and keep going :) you know you are on the right track.

Happy Monday all.

IP POWER. Go Augusters!

slownsteady 11-19-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4885221)
Hi Everyone - been a busy weekend and I haven't taken the time to check in. Weigh in tomorrow, really hoping to have lost at least 1 lb so I can see those 80's!! :)

I made it!! 3 lbs down this week - and now seein' the 80's on the scale! AND hit the - 30 lb mark!!

kcdoe 11-19-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4885403)
At the bottom, right side of each post, there are 3 icons. The middle one is a "quotation mark". When you click on this, it turns red. You can read through posts, "marking" the ones you want to respond to along the way. When you are ready to respond, click on "Post Reply" at the bottom, left of the page. You'll see that all of the posts have been included. Suggestion - you may want to address only a few sentences of a very long post. You can include only the portion of the person's post that you want to address by deleting all but the part you are addressing. You just have to be sure to leave/start with the [QUOTE... ] and leave/end with the [/QUOTE ] for EACH post. In between [QUOTE... ] and [/QUOTE ] (in each post) is what pulls into your post. Hope this makes sense! Good luck! :)

WOW AWESOME!!! Thank you !!! I have asked this before and you have been the only one to take the time to explain this is great. TX :hug:

[QUOTE=AliExpat;4885583]Hello Lovelies!!

I had my 12th WI today and it was a BIG week this week...4.7 down!!!! So happy!!! 36 pounds gone in 12 weeks!!!

Congrats Ali, proud of you !!! doesn't it feel great!!!!! :cp:

kcdoe 11-19-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4885403)
At the bottom, right side of each post, there are 3 icons. The middle one is a "quotation mark". When you click on this, it turns red. You can read through posts, "marking" the ones you want to respond to along the way. When you are ready to respond, click on "Post Reply" at the bottom, left of the page. You'll see that all of the posts have been included. Suggestion - you may want to address only a few sentences of a very long post. You can include only the portion of the person's post that you want to address by deleting all but the part you are addressing. You just have to be sure to leave/start with the [QUOTE... ] and leave/end with the [/QUOTE ] for EACH post. In between [QUOTE... ] and [/QUOTE ] (in each post) is what pulls into your post. Hope this makes sense! Good luck! :)

I did something wrong, it only boxed one of the responses. hmmmm


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.