Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #31  

Deana509 I hear ya with the campus thing...I work as an Academic Advisor at a college that houses three schools with 75,000 plus students. There is food everywhere and this week there has been a food truck challenge. I just look out and watch everyone and remind myself of time and place (with now NOT being the time) and the choices I am making are much better for me.
College is a hard time with managing/losing weight because of all the food and drinks, the pressure to always study and grab something on the go but IP is really time friendly and allows you to stay focused a lot on the studies because you don't have to worry about food.

Congrats for staying OP. I know how hard it is but you are worth it and deserve a chance at a healthier self. Keep it up.

Congrats to everyone and your losses. There is so much more to gain in this process.

I think 65x65 says something along the lines of enjoy the journey and I can relate. There is a destination per say with goal but so much more to savor, enjoy, laugh/cry at, along the way that if we focus too much on the end, we don't stay present enough in the journey to learn what we need to maintain.

Cheers!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #32  
IP start 8/15/13

S/C/G: 244/211/195

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hey everyone
What are YOU doing to stick to the plan 100% NO MATTER WHAT today?

Remember we are only cheating ourselves with a cheat (and a cheat by any other name is still a cheat). IP is designed to work quick but to be effective and to rest our pancreas (and liver, for that matter!) we need to stick to the plan.

My food day is planned before I take my first bite or drink in the morning.
As I lay here in bed, I already know what I'm having for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (I did some quantity cooking so I don't have to worry about preparing every meal). Leave nothing to chance. There are packets stashed in my car, in my desk, in my lunch bag and in DH's car.

I see people who report "small cheats" say it didn't affect them. They still lost. How much would they have lost without the cheat? More? We will never know but justifying a cheat away is just another way to cheat yourself.

The structure of IP works. It is short-term. Embrace it and let it work for you!
Lisa - I look forward everyday to seeing your encouragement and words of wisdom for us newbies. It certainly is appreciated and keeps me on track. Thanks again.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #33  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Well I am down almost 10lbs since last week.. I think I am having everyone’s 'first' week on my 7th week! lol

In the last 2 weeks my clothes are really hanging on me.. I FINALLY am down a pant size.. (I have lost 40lbs since Jan.) Not sure why it took 40lbs to lose a single pant size.. but it's good to finally start seeing results! I also finally had someone comment that they noticed I was losing weight... you would think it’s my birthday.... lol

I have been slacking a little on the vitamins and lettuce... trying to get back on track. I can really tell that I haven't been as consistent as I should be on the vitamins.. feeling a little sluggish somedays.

Speaking of vitamins. I added a collagen 'vitamin?' to my regular IP vitamins.. sometimes I feel a little nauseas... anyone else take collagen get that feeling? (I am taking to collagen to hopefully help a little with the excess skin)

Happy Thursday all!

Last edited by FrostyBobber; 09-19-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #34  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi guys, day 4 and really struggling with morning hunger and eating protein every 3.5 hours. With a full time stressful job, I'm feelling a bit overwhelmed! Is it ok to split a restricted 'snack' item like the southwestern curls so I eat half between breakfast and lunch and half between lunch and dinner? what about half between breakfast and lunch, the other half at 'lunchtime' (since I'm on the go) and then have lunch at say 1:30? Is exacting timing crucial? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 176/170/130

Height: 5"3

am i the only one that feels like absolute crap on this diet? i'm on day 8 - 9 pounds down and i feel like ****! i have to have a snack between lunch and dinner otherwise i'm completely spacey, also i've had horrible stomach aches daily, yesterday I had to call my mother to come help me take care of my kids. maybe i'm just burning too many calories chasing my two kids around all day. anyhow, i'm not loving this diet at all. this is the first diet program i've ever tried. hopefully i can last a few more weeks (7) lol oh and this may be too much info but yesterday after finishing my broc and cheese soup i had to book it to the bathroom and let me just say it was a photo finish! ha thank god i wasn't out somewhere cause i don't think i would have made it.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 176/170/130

Height: 5"3

my coach says not to do that but in the first week if you are hungry then eat she says... she says you can have up to 5 packets of ideal food a day in the first week. she said its normal to be hungry and need more calories and also depending on how bad your diet was before might play a role in your hunger and how your body responds to the protein.. i don't know. i'm on day 8 and feel like crap. i have an extra choc drink between lunch and dinner cause i'm useless to my kids if i don't.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #37  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by listlesslyss View Post
am i the only one that feels like absolute crap on this diet? i'm on day 8 - 9 pounds down and i feel like ****! i have to have a snack between lunch and dinner otherwise i'm completely spacey, also i've had horrible stomach aches daily, yesterday I had to call my mother to come help me take care of my kids. maybe i'm just burning too many calories chasing my two kids around all day. anyhow, i'm not loving this diet at all. this is the first diet program i've ever tried. hopefully i can last a few more weeks (7) lol oh and this may be too much info but yesterday after finishing my broc and cheese soup i had to book it to the bathroom and let me just say it was a photo finish! ha thank god i wasn't out somewhere cause i don't think i would have made it.
You might have a food allergy to IP products. I had a lot of pain from inflammation as well as blackheads. Most likely due to whey protein. I've quit whey and all milk products, switched to plant based or egg. I feel so much better!!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

I am having one of those starving days. I just ate lunch and I am still hungry. I may have another packet (#2). I did eat my snack already
Old 09-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #39  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

The stuffed pepper posts got me craving them so I've got some in the oven now. I have to pick my daughter up from school at 6, so it will be nice to get home and just have to reheat and make a starch for sweetie.

I used the Andover clinic recipe. Hope they are yummy!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #40  

I found a list of 200 recipes from a clinic, I would like to post it or send it to a Mod to see if it is ligit.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #41  

How about just posting the link?
If you look around long enough, most of them have been posted before.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-19-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 230/195/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
Day two of getting back on track after almost three months of foolish eating. May I say that a BANGING HEADACHE has kicked in.

But - back on track which is what counts.

Need to fix my signature but the stubborn child in me does not want to admit that I have gone backwards.

Weight - June 5th - 135
Weight - Sept 18th - 149.5

Goal - get back to 135 and phase off the right way!!
Wow, the great thing about reading through the comments, you always find someone you can relate to. Which always motivates me. I started IP in September of 2012. I set my goal at a 90lb loss. Well in June, with just 13lbs to go, I started to fizzel out. No matter how many times I said, "this is it", I couldn't find the motivation. BUT, I AM BACK! I have gained 6 lbs and I don't want to end up on here telling everyone that I am starting over after gaining it all back. I worked to hard to get where I am. So, I AM going to get to goal and phase off the right way too. Best Wishes.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #43  

listlesslyss...I responded to a similar message you posted on the September to new beginnings board. I think it may help.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #44  

Well here it is LOL

http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-p.../recipes?cat=7

If it has been posted then awesome!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
For you IPers that use MFP did you reset the goals, the calories etc? What should the calorie, fat, carbs be? I am usually around 50% protein, and 25% each on the other two. I know on IP we do not have to count or track anything and I do not. BUT I need to learn for the rest of my life, what I think is healthy and a normal portion is NOT, that's how I ended up here in the first place. I love looking at MFP and seeing the data! Thanks or your help!
approx 900 calories
50% protein
30% fat
20% carbs
These are approximates, not absolutes so don't get wigged out if it varies a tad over different days.

I agree that tracking is a great habit to get into and I like everything to sortve match what it is supposed to be.

Quote:
my coach says not to do that but in the first week if you are hungry then eat she says... she says you can have up to 5 packets of ideal food a day in the first week. she said its normal to be hungry and need more calories and also depending on how bad your diet was before might play a role in your hunger and how your body responds to the protein.. i don't know. i'm on day 8 and feel like crap. i have an extra choc drink between lunch and dinner cause i'm useless to my kids if i don't.
Yup. First week, most coaches say to have 3-5 packets/day.

Quote:
I agree with a previous poster that you could have an allergy
It could also be the soy or the sucralose. These have been common allergens with other folks
Closed Thread