Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #31  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
So I attempted a "flatbread" pizza out of the potato purée . It stuck in the middle but otherwise was food.

Recipe-
Make flatbread according to Lisa's receipe
Once flatbread is laid out in the pan add

2 tablespoon tomato sauce
1.5 oz hormel turkey pepperoni
1/3 cup green onions
1/3 cup green pepper
1/3 red pepper
Or your veggies of choice.

Bake for 20 mins.
13.9 net carbs
276 calories
Is this P1? If so, you just made me really happy. Thank you. I have a pizza craving.

I have a few questions....
Is there a special type of tomato sauce we should use?
How many ozs of protein does the flatbread/potato puree count as? ie if I have that plus the pepperoni you list, is that the full 8 oz dinner protein?

Thanks
Old 09-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #32  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Is this P1? If so, you just made me really happy. Thank you. I have a pizza craving.

How many ozs of protein does the flatbread/potato puree count as? ie if I have that plus the pepperoni you list, is that the full 8 oz dinner protein?

Thanks
Ah you know I'm not sure I'm guessing its P1 compliant. It's just something I threw together. I usually spilt my 8oz of dinner protein so I 'll have 6.5 of pork tonight.

Maybe one of the vets can answer your questions better
Old 09-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
Yesterday's WI was -1.8, I am very happy with that number. I am however, really struggling with the mirror and how I feel about myself. I do not think I look much different than I did before I started and while I know in my head that it's likely not possible that I look the same, I don't see it with my eyes. I still see all the places I want to shrink and I'm not nearly as small as I thought I would look at this point. Never mind that I've gone from a 16 to 8's and 10's and an XL top and dresses to mediums and even some smalls. I don't understand what's wrong that I can't see it. So I'm frustrated with myself and my body and considering lowering my goal. But then at the same time, I don't know that I see myself accurately and don't know that toning won't make the difference I want to see.
So damn complicated.
April, hang in there! Our minds are the last thing to catch up to the scale and tape measures. After all, we are used to seeing our "old" bodies and all the weight they carried for YEARS....it will take a few weeks or months for us to actually recognize the person in the mirror looks good now at the new weight.

My mind is finally catching up to my scale and measurements, was stuck at last year's look for a long time. I finally started to listen to trusted friends and family when they would comment on how I was looking, and about stepping out and trying new clothing styles and sizes.

I guess I am trying to say, just be patient with yourself. Just as your body is changing, your mind will follow as well.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #34  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
I know families are crazy right!!! I'm flying down to Florida and won't be able to refrigerate any food for 5 or 6 hours - and who knows if I'd be able to get it through security. So I'll just have to make due with taking bars and IP drink packets. I'm stopping at the grocery store for my veggies and protein before I even show up at their house! I'm giving myself no excuses and giving them no opportunity to derail me!
you might want to keep all your foil packets in a large ziplock bag and remove them from your suitcase just like the mini toiletries (if you are using carry on bags.) The foil doesn't scan and I've been detained for extra checks because it was suspicious.

For the pizza cravings - you know you can make pizza crust out of the crispy cereal pack right? I've never tried the potato puree b/c i'm allergic to potato. Before i knew i was gluten intolerant i made pancakes every morning and pizza every night. I bought 2 crispy cereal and one strawberry wafer box a week!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi everyone - back to basics for me. Started IP in March and hit my goal within 30 pounds within 8 weeks. Didn't do a good job phasing off and have now put around 15 pounds back on.

The good news is that I had started IP to look the way I wanted for my son's wedding. Thanks to IP, my gown looked wonderful and I felt like a million dollars on the most magical day of the year.

I don't want to go back to where I was so today is day one, phase 1 for me. This time I intend to phase off the right way!! I felt so good when I hit goal, need to get back!!

PS - I am very hungry today!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
I know families are crazy right!!! I'm flying down to Florida and won't be able to refrigerate any food for 5 or 6 hours - and who knows if I'd be able to get it through security. So I'll just have to make due with taking bars and IP drink packets. I'm stopping at the grocery store for my veggies and protein before I even show up at their house! I'm giving myself no excuses and giving them no opportunity to derail me!
I've flown w prepared food a lot. Both in carry-on and checked bags. My trick to fight airport munchies. Hard boil eggs and cut up celery. I also bring them w me. I bring an empty travel mug and once through tsa I make hot tea to sip on the plane. Stay strong!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

This week's WI was without the doctor b/c she left early to tend to her sick child. One of my friends works in the office & did my WI but not my measurements. I was pleased with the 3 pound loss.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post

Thanks
The pepperoini isn't on the meat list on the p1 sheet
You'd be better off w/a veggie pizza
You can also make the crust with the tomato basil soup
Look for sauce w/no added sugars (none inthe ingredients)

This would NOT count as a dinner protein but it would make a great lunch (the flatbread is 1 packet). You could put some ff ham or some seasoned ground beef on it for dinner but the whole 8 oz won't fit so you'd probly want to split your dinner protein and have some (or most of it) for lunch
Old 09-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #39  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The pepperoini isn't on the meat list on the p1 sheet
You'd be better off w/a veggie pizza
You can also make the crust with the tomato basil soup
Look for sauce w/no added sugars (none inthe ingredients)

This would NOT count as a dinner protein but it would make a great lunch (the flatbread is 1 packet). You could put some ff ham or some seasoned ground beef on it for dinner but the whole 8 oz won't fit so you'd probly want to split your dinner protein and have some (or most of it) for lunch
Yummy idea. I have, by the way, made cauliflower pizza with grilled chicken as well as ground chicken "italian sausage" style and it was good.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #40  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Down another 2.6lbs - I'm now in ONEDERLAND for the first time since 2003.

I'm gonna have a rough weekend though, visiting my sick grandma in Florida. I've told my family to just back off and let me bring/buy my own food and cook for myself while I'm there. I want to stay 100% ON PLAN the whole time. They're having a hard time getting the message.
Hopefully when they see the progress you've made their moths will drop and they will welcome u to cook your own food ... Congrats on the 2.6 loss this week - I LOVE IT!
Old 09-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #41  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Good morning everyone!
Rough morning.... I was hoping to have the same energy I woke up with yesterday, but I feel a little crappy this morning....
Still sticking op, just tired....
Great job staying OP. The first week is sometimes the hardest. You will do great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
NOTHING FITS!!! I am having a simultaneous happy dance and temper tantrum every morning when I go to get dressed for work. New England has been cooling down and I found myself left with one pair of long pants (I had been surviving in capris all summer), and my sweaters from the winter are HUGE! I don't want to spend a lot of money on "hold me over" clothes, but I don't think I'm going to have a choice but to restock on some basics. I am thrilled to be losing, but feel like I look sloppy in the process!
I know that dance all to well. I have a room full of clothes but they are either too big or too small (post first IP loss then gain ..grr.. )
Value village has been very good to both visit and now donate without hurting the budget too bad.

Quote:
Down another 2.6lbs - I'm now in ONEDERLAND for the first time since 2003.

I'm gonna have a rough weekend though, visiting my sick grandma in Florida. I've told my family to just back off and let me bring/buy my own food and cook for myself while I'm there. I want to stay 100% ON PLAN the whole time. They're having a hard time getting the message.
Congrats on Onderland! I am sorry to hear about your grandma and I wish you all the best on your visit. I think once your family see how well you have done and how strong you were, you won't have any problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
Good morning, well tomorrow is my birthday (turning 30) I was hoping of reaching my goal of 160 by then but I have been stuck at 165 for a week. Any advice on losing the last five pounds??
Happy birthday fellow Virgo
Old 09-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

12th WI and lost 3lbs wooo hooo!! Happy camper here, its funny though, the scale is moving but the tape measure is not. Its moved an inch in a month on the "girls", not where I have really anything to lose. No inch or even 1/4 inch anywhere else, my arms or legs have not changed at all since day one. Not sure where the lbs are coming from but its okay.

Congrats to all the scale movers! And hey its good to have to go shopping for new clothes it means the new way of eating is working ladies!!!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #43  

Question, maybe for a coach (and my coach is so unhelpful). Believe it or not I surpassed my goal weight which is awesome. However I've stopped menstruating and my dr said its cuz my body fat is too low. Never thought I'd have THAT problem!!! Anyway, I have one more week of phase 3 and I don't want to keep losing (and I have lost in phases 2 and 3). To maintain, should I just add more bars? Or should I go onto phase 4? I don't want to ruin the whole chemistry thing by not letting my body adjust for the full two weeks. I want my body to be efficient when I get to phase 4 and I was told that is why you do phase 3 for two weeks. I'd hate to come this far and then screw up the whole point of resetting your body with one week to go. Anyone know enough about how that all works to offer some giidance?
Old 09-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

I had my check in last night and I'm down 5 more and inches all over! This is so exciting!! The jeans I was wearing yesterday were really loose by the end of the day, so today I thought I'd try a pair of older ones that are a size smaller...and they fit! I'm SO happy! I hope everyone had a great day!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #45  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Lisa and Sarita. Veggie pizza or hamburger/chickenburger pizza sounds great too.
Closed Thread