Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Question from a non-cook and an IP newbie...

I say non-cook because up until IP, I only "cooked" microwave dinners

People have mentioned fortifying their IP soups with veggie puree. what is that exactly? Do you cook some veggies first and then blend and then just add to your soups? what veggies work well for that? do the purees keep for a while in your fridge?

Thanks in advance for answers
There is a thread about lots of ideas for veggie purees and recipes. I think it is called "fun with veggie purees"
Old 09-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #47  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
I use the pudding mixes (non-restricted) for baking. I add 2 egg whites beaten well, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1-2 packets stevia and a little water to make a cake like batter. I bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes - don't over cook.

I like to mix the packet, stevia and baking powder together with water until I have a thick batter then I fold in the frothy egg whites. It's a yummy non-restricted treat!
Do you think i could use the "SF Jello pudding" and get the same results?
Old 09-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by caressme View Post
Do you think i could use the "SF Jello pudding" and get the same results?
Probably not.
First of all, SF Jello Pudding is not okay on the IP protocol.
Secondly, it has very different ingredients than an IP pudding packet.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Oh my! Just looked it up, and it looks DELICIOUS! I have to find WF mayo first... my Walmart doesnt carry it...

Thanks for the idea!
Where can I find this one? I have such a limited time on the PC due my 2 year old during the LOL.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #50  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations everyone on your losses and NSV's. Love the PANTS story lol. (Not good at multiquoting!)

Well, TOM is still making me feel wonderful. I went from being happy to having lost 20 lbs in 5 weeks to thinking that it's a drop in the bucket and not noticeable. A real struggle to be positive the last couple of days.

In a moment of extreme insanity, I decided to exercise for the first time since starting IP. My daughter has a two hour gymnastics class that started last night. I decided to go to the walking track next door and walked 7.5 km. I really should have stopped at 5 km as I was really dragging my a** by the end. Today, I feel fine but last night, I was wishing someone could drive me home!

So I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #51  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
There is a thread about lots of ideas for veggie purees and recipes. I think it is called "fun with veggie purees"
Thanks. I looked there first, and maybe it is because i'm not cooking-oriented, but I just didn't "get" it.

I am re-reading, maybe this time with my cooking hat on

Last edited by vachinyc; 09-17-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #52  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

OMG! Just went on a quick shopping trip. Pants, tops and even a bathing suit and it all fit perfectly and down 3 sizes from when I started IP. Woo Hoo
That was sooo much fun. WAYYYYYYYY better than any bite of any junk food! What a high!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
OMG! Just went on a quick shopping trip. Pants, tops and even a bathing suit and it all fit perfectly and down 3 sizes from when I started IP. Woo Hoo
That was sooo much fun. WAYYYYYYYY better than any bite of any junk food! What a high!
What a great feeling! Congrats
Old 09-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #54  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Day 5 for me and I'm finally noticing the energy boost! I was awake until 2 am and then this morning I woke up before my alarm and looked at the clock and it was 8 am and I was wide awake....
I am not yet hungry this morning either, so weird!
I'm trying the chocolate spinach smoothie today, so I hope I get it right!
Can't wait to stay OP today! It's been great being able to be around my friends who are eating all the foods I love, and being ok with saying "No, I'm fine" this is super exciting to me!
Way to go!! Keep up the good work!!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #55  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post

While my losses have been pretty bilateral, I sure wish my calves would get in on the act! I SO want a cute pair of boots for the fall and winter, but these ham hocks keep them from zipping up. gah!
I am the same. I have always had huge calves, even in my "skinny" years. How I long to buy a pair of boots that I like rather than just what I can get up over my elephant calves!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 09-17-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 231/211/140

Height: 5'7

I love reading everyone's posts & seeing how well everyone is doing! This is day 2 for me and it is a huge motivation to see how much weight everyone is losing! I've researched and tried so many other diets & none have the success rates that IP does. Good luck to everyone!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #57  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good morning all. WI today and hope to get on the underside of 160 today. We shall see. Am also going to begin discussions regarding whether or not to officially lower my goal from 155 to 150 or 145. We shall see...More later!

But for now - look at all the amazing stories! I love them! Congrats to everyone!

I will keep my fingers crossed but I like your attitude about WI#6!

Sounds delicious. How do you like the WF Chipotle Mayo? Does it taste anything like Miracle Whip?

I have made a similar decision regarding limiting my access to restricted and this is my absolute favorite recipe - Cake in a Cup!

Take a (dry) chocolate drink pack, mix with enough water to make a slightly runny pudding consistency, add a teaspoon of olive oil (I have recently been using grape seed rather than oil and i like it better), tsp of baking powder, dash of vanilla extract, one egg white, sweetener if you want, although I generally don't use it. Put in microwave for 2-3 minutes. It works better in a VERY LARGE mug or a bowl as it gets quite bubbly. Its really yummy. The person who told me about it would sometimes use WF chocolate sauce or marshmallow stuff, but I don't. I like it just like that.

I have the same thing going on a bit. It is starting to even out a little bit although still a little noticeable. Hope we all even out!

Congrats!!!

I don't use the coffee but I do like the chocolate drink with spinach, ice and some cinnamon. Yummy!

Thank goodness we share this journey with people who love us enough to take a comical approach to showing us our pants are too big. LOL. I love this.

THANKS HUNNI
Old 09-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #58  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Hi all! Back from WI and I am down 2.9 pounds - making me squarely under 160 (WOOT!) and 3.7 pounds from my original goal. CRAZY! I celebrated by going by H&M to check out some pants I saw online and thought were cute and cheap enough. I grabbed a 10 thinking they would be too tight but when they were on - and yes, they went on! - my rearend looked AMAZING!! Woot! I am so happy that I actually did the carrot dance --> So excited.

I also went to Macy's and invested in some new bras. Yeah, that was a new experience. Had to get sized-up and lay down some cash but it was worth it. Good times!

PS: I have officially hit my goal in the 25 by fall challenge! Who's got two thumbs and is over the moon?! THIS GIRL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonhs View Post

In a moment of extreme insanity, I decided to exercise for the first time since starting IP. My daughter has a two hour gymnastics class that started last night. I decided to go to the walking track next door and walked 7.5 km. I really should have stopped at 5 km as I was really dragging my a** by the end. Today, I feel fine but last night, I was wishing someone could drive me home!
Awesome job. I am sorry you were dragging. I have to admit that I am seriously jonesing for some exercise. I absolutely cannot wait to start retraining for a 1/2 marathon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Super-congrats to you!! It is an awesome feeling!!

Last edited by sarita75; 09-17-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #59  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Hi all! Back from WI and I am down 2.9 pounds - making me squarely under 160 (WOOT!) and 3.7 pounds from my original goal. CRAZY! I celebrated by going by H&M to check out some pants I saw online and thought were cute and cheap enough. I grabbed a 10 thinking they would be too tight but when they were on - and yes, they went on! - my rearend looked AMAZING!! Woot! I am so happy that I actually did the carrot dance --> So excited.

I also went to Macy's and invested in some new bras. Yeah, that was a new experience. Had to get sized-up and lay down some cash but it was worth it. Good times!

PS: I have officially hit my goal in the 25 by fall challenge! Who's got two thumbs and is over the moon?! THIS GIRL!!

Awesome job. I am sorry you were dragging. I have to admit that I am seriously jonesing for some exercise. I absolutely cannot wait to start retraining for a 1/2 marathon!!!

Super-congrats to you!! It is an awesome feeling!!
You should be over the moon....way to go and enjoy the new pants!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #60  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Where can I find this one? I have such a limited time on the PC due my 2 year old during the LOL.
Here is the link for the recipe for Confetti Chicken Salad

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4480571-post362.html
Closed Thread