Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 253/189/150

Height: 5' 2"

Good Afternoon. This is my first time posting an update but it's a rainy Monday, and people keep making toast in the office kitchen (and it smells so good!) so I thought posting would help me stay focused on my goal!

i am about 11 weeks into IP with good progress (about 30 lbs down) but have run into the dreaded slow down the last few weeks - lost 2 then gained 2 and then stayed flat. Boo.

This week I joined myfitnesspal so I could dig into my habits to see if I am inadvertently messing my progress up. I like the micro detail it offers. I know if I am OP that I shouldn't need it, but it help me focus, at least.

I also got rid of my Quest Bars. They were haunting me. The first food since going on IP that taunted me back to overeating.

If anyone has tips on breaking through a slow down, I would be so grateful. I remain committed, but a little down hearted. Heading into my birthday week and looking for a good WI!

Thanks so much.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #32  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I've been shopping 2nd hand shops for winter coats. I found one but I'm still looking for a second for more inclement weather.
I wasn't impressed with the selection at my local thrift shop, however it was later in the day on half price day, so I'm sure all the good stuff was already grabbed. I should plan another trip back!
Old 09-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi all,
I had my weigh in today and was down 1 lb. I was a little sad that it was just one, but I also know this past week as been a bit of a struggle for me food wise, and I am a little "backed up" so I was not totally surprised. But I had me 4 week measurements done and I lost 14 inches total and three of them alone were off my waist! That was pretty exciting.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #34  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me chiming in. I started IP last week (on day 7 today), and am meeting my coach tonight for my first weigh-in. I am so excited to go! My bathroom scale this morning told me I was down 7.5 pounds and I can already feel that my body is changing. I know a lot of this is water weight - but I'm finding this diet so easy, I'm really motivated to stick to it. And the science makes so much sense - I've read all the literature, and Dr. Tran's book, and I just get it, maybe for the first time ever. Looking forward to joining you all and reading about your journeys - I find these posts very motivating.
Kathy
Welcome!!!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by megjohnsonnj View Post
Good Afternoon. This is my first time posting an update but it's a rainy Monday, and people keep making toast in the office kitchen (and it smells so good!) so I thought posting would help me stay focused on my goal!

i am about 11 weeks into IP with good progress (about 30 lbs down) but have run into the dreaded slow down the last few weeks - lost 2 then gained 2 and then stayed flat. Boo.

This week I joined myfitnesspal so I could dig into my habits to see if I am inadvertently messing my progress up. I like the micro detail it offers. I know if I am OP that I shouldn't need it, but it help me focus, at least.

I also got rid of my Quest Bars. They were haunting me. The first food since going on IP that taunted me back to overeating.

If anyone has tips on breaking through a slow down, I would be so grateful. I remain committed, but a little down hearted. Heading into my birthday week and looking for a good WI!

Thanks so much.
Welcome!
The Quest Bar may do it for you. They taunt me, too.
Make sure you're getting all of your water plus some and adding all of your oil TO your food (not just cooking with it). These are strategies others have found to help. And if all you're eating is lowfat meat, splurge on a steak once in a while.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #36  
Third time's the charm!

Does anyone use canned tuna as a dinner protein? And if so, are you eating the whole can? I have a couple cans sitting in my cupboard and thought it would be a nice easy dinner once in a while on top of a salad. I buy chunk light tuna in water.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #37  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Does anyone use canned tuna as a dinner protein? And if so, are you eating the whole can? I have a couple cans sitting in my cupboard and thought it would be a nice easy dinner once in a while on top of a salad. I buy chunk light tuna in water.
I've used it several times. I mix it with some WF dressing, diced celery and even some horseradish, because I like it spicy! Served atop some chopped lettuce or spinich this is very tasty.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #38  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I've used tuna a few times too. Quick and easy, and mixes it up a little. I mixed it with WF mayo and dill pickle relish, and wrapped it in lettuce like a wrap. Yum!
Old 09-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Yes! Google recipes for a nicoise tuna salad... I sub cauliflower for the potatoes...use asparagus instead of green beans...and served olives and tomatoes on the side for my spouse. Made an IP friendly mustard dressing. Since we both ate this for dinner, I used a whole can of tuna..(6 oz) and 4 HB eggs. Use romaine lettuce and it actually is a dinner we have about once a week. I used to make this before IP...so it was something quick and nutritious that we both like...and was easily modified. My hubby often gets home late and this is a great meal that if I am starving...is not overdone if he gets hung up at the office!

Last edited by 65X65; 09-16-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #40  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Ugh!!! I have been struggling these past two weeks. I might have another zero loss week tomorrow at my clinic. My weight loss is slowing to a crawl. I just need some motivation to keep with it. I'm so afraid I'm going to fail at this even though I'm eating OP 100% of the time.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #41  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Default overcooking/heating soups

ok, I'm on day 2, still exploring the sites. I overheated the tomato basil soup - it exploded up and over my cup - I still ate it, cut up my broccoli into it - but does the overcooking damage the protein?
Old 09-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #42  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany123 View Post
I've used it several times. I mix it with some WF dressing, diced celery and even some horseradish, because I like it spicy! Served atop some chopped lettuce or spinich this is very tasty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynette826 View Post
I've used tuna a few times too. Quick and easy, and mixes it up a little. I mixed it with WF mayo and dill pickle relish, and wrapped it in lettuce like a wrap. Yum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Yes! Google recipes for a nicoise tuna salad... I sub cauliflower for the potatoes...use asparagus instead of green beans...and served olives and tomatoes on the side for my spouse. Made an IP friendly mustard dressing. Since we both ate this for dinner, I used a whole can of tuna..(6 oz) and 4 HB eggs. Use romaine lettuce and it actually is a dinner we have about once a week. I used to make this before IP...so it was something quick and nutritious that we both like...and was easily modified. My hubby often gets home late and this is a great meal that if I am starving...is not overdone if he gets hung up at the office!
Thanks guys! I have WF mayo still unopened sitting in my fridge, so the lettuce tuna wraps sounds delicious! And I will google that recipe 65x65. I am all for the recipes that my husband can enjoy too and not feel deprived because I'm on a diet!

PS. This is my first attempt at multi-quoting... crossing my fingers as I hit Submit Reply.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
Ugh!!! I have been struggling these past two weeks. I might have another zero loss week tomorrow at my clinic. My weight loss is slowing to a crawl. I just need some motivation to keep with it. I'm so afraid I'm going to fail at this even though I'm eating OP 100% of the time.
You may be losing inches...sometimes that does not reflect on the scale, ESP if the weeks you lose pounds you have not seen your body shrink proportionately. I saw inches and ponds come off in a random no rhyme or reason pattern...and rarely simultaneously! The weeks I lost the least poundage...I usually lost the most inches. Go try on your skinny jeans! Or your smaller slacks!

Are you exercising? You may need to shake up your metabolism by adding some exercise if you are not. I began exercising after about 2 1/2 months, it did not slow me down..the toning REALLY made a difference in how things fit and in how fast size changed. That kept me going when my scale losses were not drum roll worthy... It's all good though. Just keep saying that.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #44  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
OMG! The picture of it that I found looks so good!! I am going to make this for dinner tomorrow! I would today but I need to run to the grocery store for a few things first! I'm going to skip the eggs because they give me really bad heartburn. I think it may be the yolks, but I am too nervous to try egg whites to find out.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #45  

Quote:
OMG! The picture of it that I found looks so good!! I am going to make this for dinner tomorrow! I would today but I need to run to the grocery store for a few things first! I'm going to skip the eggs because they give me really bad heartburn. I think it may be the yolks, but I am too nervous to try egg whites to find out.
We do really enjoy this a lot. Modify it to your tastes.... And if you change anything..let me know! Variety is the spice of life!
Closed Thread