IP Daily Chat Friday 9/13/2013

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Down 2.2 today! Total of 30.2. 6.8 to goal!

I see the pot of gold. I will never be able to thank IP enough. This wouldn't have been possible on any other program! I feel so good about me!

Now, I'm having chicken souvlaki and salad for dinner. Any suggestions for a veggie. I'm going to be out in the trailer so nothing to complex. All ideas are appreciated!
  • Maxxy- Congrats on the 30+ loss. Our stats are similar and I can't wait to be able to post that number.

i made a big change today. My partner is out of town, so I wanted to surprise her when she gets home tomorrow. My hair was really long (mid back) and I cut it to shoulder length with bangs for the first time in my life. It is also more red than usual (usually it is dark Auburn). I told her she wouldn't reckonize me when she gets home, she thought I meant because I was thinner. So excited for her to see me!!
  • Headachy today, and a little hard to resist the work food-fest. I did it, though! I remembered what I tell my clients/kids every day, which is to focus on the things that take you in the direction you want to go. Today, my bar and salad was what would take me that direction, so with that I went.

I did "sneak" into my "I want to stay on plan but I don't want to eat what I packed" stash at work and trade my bar flavor for a different one. Having this little pack of 8 products at work is a big deal for me because I hate feeling like I am stuck with a food choice. I imagine it will also serve me well on days when I can't escape this place on time, lol.
  • Quote: Headachy today, and a little hard to resist the work food-fest. I did it, though! I remembered what I tell my clients/kids every day, which is to focus on the things that take you in the direction you want to go. Today, my bar and salad was what would take me that direction, so with that I went.

I did "sneak" into my "I want to stay on plan but I don't want to eat what I packed" stash at work and trade my bar flavor for a different one. Having this little pack of 8 products at work is a big deal for me because I hate feeling like I am stuck with a food choice. I imagine it will also serve me well on days when I can't escape this place on time, lol.

Sending you a big hug today!
  • Dressing
    Quote: These 50-year-old legs not looking so "cute" either. I'll withhold judgement until I get the okay from my PT to ramp up exercise. We'll see what more firming/toning/bike riding/spinning classes can do.

I wish I could take credit. As with almost everything, I'm repeating what I've learned from others who came before me and "paying it forward". I'm glad it is as helpful to others as it has been to me!

I just remember what I'm gaining & not what I'm missing. It might be a taste of something here & there but to live as a (almost) normal weight person instead of someone morbidly obese is life altering & no food is worth the exchange.

You have already gotten great advice. I'd like to add a bit.
    Exercise is great and makes us feel good and there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH IT once we are acclimated to ketosis (which you are after 6 weeks). However, exercise causes muscle growth & the way it happens is by small tears/healing in the muscle & the muscles inflame (hold water). Then, eventually, we just have more muscle, which weighs more than fat.

So, go ahead and exercise but QUIT MICROMONITORING THE SCALE. If you're gonna exercise, your losses will be slower on the scale but the measuring tape will be your friend. You really start seeing changes with exercise in 4-6 weeks so no fast results like IP. You just need to decide what you want more: fast scale results or weight loss with toning. You can't have them both at once.

Also, if you didn't have a scale slowdown yet, most coaches expect one "around" week 5. Some come earlier, some later. That could be a week with a fraction of a loss or even a slight gain.

Back about 6 months ago, there was a group of folks who sortve decided no more than 4-6 servings of these types of items/day (WF, Mio). Your mileage may vary so pay close attention. For some folks, Mio slowed down losses. My recommendation would be sparingly.

I've learned a spritz of lemon or a spritz of garlic olive oil with some salt & pepper makes a nice flavor on my lettuce. But I've never been one to coat my salads with a ton of dressing anyway. Some people like em drenched. Then it is really about learning to eat differently.
    Cool. I am good with just a little dressing, I cannot stand my lettuce floating is dressing

As for Mio I do not care for the stuff I like my water plan and cold
  • Quote: Headachy today, and a little hard to resist the work food-fest. I did it, though! I remembered what I tell my clients/kids every day, which is to focus on the things that take you in the direction you want to go. Today, my bar and salad was what would take me that direction, so with that I went.

Nuttin' wrong with doing a switch-out based on flavor & what you're "feeling". I've had zillions of times I wanted orange instead of pink lemonade, or something else crazy like that
    Good for you focusing on the direction you want to go! For me, its been a long haul, but all worth it!
  • This might be a silly question, but do you have to eat your snack after dinner,or can you have it anytime throughout the day?
  • Quote: This might be a silly question, but do you have to eat your snack after dinner,or can you have it anytime throughout the day?
    At your starting weight, are you using 5 (or more) packets?
    This would allow for more than one snack.
  • They said for the first week, if I wanted, to go ahead and have a 4th packet if I was still hungry, but I think that im not suppose to do more than 4
  • i am so hungry.
    I already ate my bar and have had 3 bowls of lettuce. made some kale chips and ate a few of those but I am so starved. I don't think I could have another packet either
  • Even on just 3 packets, you can have your snack at whatever time works best for your schedule. For me, it is around 2:30-3:00 in the afternoon. But Lisa is correct, you should be having at least 4 packets, so that would allow for 2 snacks and depending on how much walking you have to do to get to all of your classes, you may even need a 5th packet for the first several days.

Talk to your coach, hopefully he/she will be one of the more knowledgeable and supportive ones.

Best wishes on your journey
  • Hi IPers. Happy Friday to you. Well, I started back last week on IP alternative phase 1 after experiencing problems with the big "C" and other issues first time around. Yesterday I started with the back and stomach pains again and beginning to believe veggies are upsetting my stomach. Have been terribly bloated also. I've lost a total of 11 pounds after being on diet on and off for last three weeks. I'm hanging in thanks to all these encouraging threads.
    Have a great weekend,
    Judy
  • Quote: packing up for our trip to the beach tomorrow thru Monday. I've made a bag with my IP packets, snacks and vitamins. Tomorrow before we leave I'll throw my veggies and water in the cooler. I know we'll be able to stop at a grocery before we get there for anything I forget but I'm nervous. I want to be prepared to stay on plan and keep thinking I'm over thinking it!

I feel like Charlie Brown kicking the football !
    You can't over plan for a road trip and good for you for thinking ahead!

Have you seen Rainbow Smiles thread about her 'Ideal Protein Emergency Road Pack'? It is excellent and inspired me to do my own road pack for a recent trip to England (I go to England fairly often so made no effort to phase off in anticipation of 'treats' on the road. Wanted to stay on track.'

The planning and pack worked really well. (I lost 11.5 pounds while on the 2 week vacation because of it!) In retrospect:
    • I wish I would have taken a few more soups and a few more drink packets.
    • I took along a 1 litre thermos and had Ideal Protein Tea every day. I am glad I did.
    • wish I would have sorted out the bags a little more effectively before I left home. Had to do some rearranging while on the trip but no big deal.
    • drank lots and lots of sparkling water with stevia and lemon juice mixed in while on the trip (bought a few of those little lemon shaped plastic containers of lemon juice to take with me.)
    It worked really, really well.

Good to be thinking about planning now. Observation about myself is that I don't always make good decisions when I am quickly 'on the go' or 'fatigued.' If my planning is done well and done ahead of time, I don't need to be making decisions in what are my known moments of weakness and it is easier to stick to course.

Annik
  • Hello again!!

I decided to be crazy, and had bar for lunch rather than as snack, and I felt nauseous after eating it. This is the first time I have felt nauseous since starting 9 weeks ago. Anyone else experience this or have a reason why it happened?

I should also add that last night my husband and I decided to go out for dinner and had horrible services (1.5 hours before food arrived) so I ate my dinner and my snack within 30 mins of each other and I felt really bloated and uncomfortable.
  • Newbie here...wishing my "handle" was Twig-Newton, instead of Fignewton--hoping to train my brain this time.

Day 6 on my IP Journey - I'm baking Chocolate Chip Cookies to mail to my sons away at college. Not licking my fingers, not tasting the dough....such strong willpower going with this diet.

Just made a delish califlower puree that I added to my yummy mushroom soup. So do I count the puree as 1 cup of veggies, as prepared?