Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 137/119/120

I can be a scarecrow for Halloween!

Last night, my husband told me that it was time I bought new jeans! My size 4s are too baggy. What a guy!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #47  

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Good Afternoon everyone! Congrats to everyone who had awesome weigh ins!!! I am pleased to announce that tomorrow is 6 weeks since I started IP! Here are my totals so far:

23.4 lbs
27 inches (biggest has been 6 inches off my waist alone!)

I am sooooo proud of myself. I too cannot believe I have actually made it this far. I am now addicted to this diet!

I am doing phase 3 breakfasts right now to prepare for my trip (leaving on sunday to California, wahooo!) and honestly, I find it alot of food to eat and would rather just have my chocolate drink! lol

Anyway, hope everyone has a great finish to the day!
I phased off for my trip and already my weight is almost back to where I was before my phase off 4 weeks ago. I now know it was the right thing for me to do. I was a little scared that it was going to throw me off and feared that I'd gain 10 pounds or so but that didn't happen. I do have to say that I forgot about the horrible 3 day headache but I'm past that now, thank goodness.

Last edited by tallgirl231; 09-12-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 245/235/210

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Lisa, thanks so much for all this very useful information for us IP newbies.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iolani View Post
I can be a scarecrow for Halloween!

Last night, my husband told me that it was time I bought new jeans! My size 4s are too baggy. What a guy!
That is sooooooooooooooooooo awesome! I cannot wait for those days! congrats
Old 09-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #50  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Love the new pic!! I hope this doesn't sound weird or anything, but you can totally see the loss in your face!! Beeee-uuuu-teee-ful!
thank you! And no it doesn't sound weird!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #51  
AlaskaLadyie

S/C/G: Oct2011 240/April2014 203 /167

Height: 5ft 7in

Help...... I am hungry and loose a # or 2 then next day i gain...... and I am starving hungry...... What do u all do in situation like this??
Old 09-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #52  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie View Post
Help...... I am hungry and loose a # or 2 then next day i gain...... and I am starving hungry...... What do u all do in situation like this??
My losses have been pretty consistent daily so far (knock on wood), so I can't help there, but as far as being hungry, some things that have worked for me....pickles, hard boiled eggs, water until I can't breathe, exercise to pass the time, a 4th packet as a last resort (coach says it's better to have something extra OP than to cheat with something that's completely off the plan).

Good luck...
Old 09-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Nolasmurf, your new photo looks great! Congrats on your success.

Has anyone tried the ice cream recipe on the Weight no longer, facebook page? I was curious if it was any good.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana B View Post
I just started using My Fitness Pal consistently, I can do it from my phone at the time I eat rather than pull out my journal...of course it tells me that I'm not eating enough calories and my protein amounts go over the suggested amounts and the carbs are below what is recommended, lol, all of which I already know. I like that I can see where I am regarding sodium, sugars etc. If any of you have suggestions on how I can better utilize this for IP I would love to hear from you. Have a great rest of the week OP
If you go into MFP on the website (not the mobile app), you can adjust everything. For P1, I made max calories 900, 50% protein, 30% fat, 20% carbs. These numbers are approximate and I STILL was under my calorie goal most days but at least it wasn't so skewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaLadyie View Post
I'd need more info to answer.
How long have you been on IP?
How much weight do you have to lose?
What are you eating?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

NSV - first exercise since reaching goal/maintenance...

I have always been content to walk and could walk and walk and not get tired/winded but DETEST jogging (sorry all you dedicated runners!) and at most of my adult weight, couldn't really if I had wanted to. Before IP when staying at a hotel for work frequently, I would walk a mile on the treadmill. The last year or so before IP while trying to lose weight, I tried jogging... For one minute! That was all I could do then walk and jog again for a minute. Out of the 20-30 minutes, I would run maybe four separate minutes.

Tonight back at the hotel for the first time in months, decided to try the jog again and... A few minutes went by, a little tired, but hey, not bad... Ok, maybe I can go a couple more... Five, seven, ten and still going. I JOGGED for FIFTEEN MINUTES... Consecutive minutes, mind you... Yes (fist pump and high five!!)!!!

Ok, doubt I will become a confirmed jogger, but, you never know!!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #56  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
NSV - first exercise since reaching goal/maintenance...

I have always been content to walk and could walk and walk and not get tired/winded but DETEST jogging (sorry all you dedicated runners!) and at most of my adult weight, couldn't really if I had wanted to. Before IP when staying at a hotel for work frequently, I would walk a mile on the treadmill. The last year or so before IP while trying to lose weight, I tried jogging... For one minute! That was all I could do then walk and jog again for a minute. Out of the 20-30 minutes, I would run maybe four separate minutes.

Tonight back at the hotel for the first time in months, decided to try the jog again and... A few minutes went by, a little tired, but hey, not bad... Ok, maybe I can go a couple more... Five, seven, ten and still going. I JOGGED for FIFTEEN MINUTES... Consecutive minutes, mind you... Yes (fist pump and high five!!)!!!

Ok, doubt I will become a confirmed jogger, but, you never know!!
Totally awesome NSV I can't wait to try that myself.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #57  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Hello all!
So my food package came today! I'm a little nervous to start though.... I talked to my coach, and everything is good to go, but I'm so worried that I will mess something up somehow....
I don't want to disappoint myself, nor the people who are helping me out with this program, so I am looking forward to having you all to turn to! Please bear with me in the next few weeks as I get use to this program!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #58  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Hello all!
So my food package came today! I'm a little nervous to start though.... I talked to my coach, and everything is good to go, but I'm so worried that I will mess something up somehow....
I don't want to disappoint myself, nor the people who are helping me out with this program, so I am looking forward to having you all to turn to! Please bear with me in the next few weeks as I get use to this program!
Don't doubt yourself before you start. You CAN do this, and we all ask lots of questions when we first start. Before you know it, this will all be a habit to you and you will be the person answering newbies questions!!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #59  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Don't doubt yourself before you start. You CAN do this, and we all ask lots of questions when we first start. Before you know it, this will all be a habit to you and you will be the person answering newbies questions!!
Thanks! I appreciate the support, and the words of wisdom!
I look forward to the day this becomes habit for me!
Old 09-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Los Angeles. Staying near Santa Monica. So excited!!
I grew up in Santa Monica... Let me k ow if you have any questions before your trip!

Have A BLAST!!
Closed Thread