Binge eating and feeling like a failure

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • @AlaskanRn you are NOT not a failure, nor are you alone in your struggle with binge/emotional eating. I recall a quote that says "You can EXPERIENCE failure without BEING a failure." As long as we pick ourselves up after we fall, we can call these "failures" something else - bumps in the road to success.

You may have lapsed, but please be encouraged - you're not alone in your struggle and it doesn't mean your previous efforts were in vain. A LAPSE is falling off the wagon. A RELAPSE is falling off the wagon, again, maybe several times, after getting up on the wagon again. But a COLLAPSE - that is giving up completely. We all have lapses. And yes, every now and then, we even experience relapses (hopefully not too many!) But we don't have to make them collapses.

You're doing great!
  • AlaskanRN - please don't beat yourself up, forgive, let go and move forward, tomorrow is a new day. You can beat this vicious cycle, you've already come so far and you are SO close to goal. Pick yourself up, brush yourself off and quit wallowing and get back up again. We all get knocked down from time to time; it's part of life but now it's time to stop allowing yourself to feel sorry for yourself. You are in control 100%. Believe me, I can identify with your situation more than you know. The heartbreak, the financial burden, the binge eating and finding comfort in food, our fur family (kitties are awesome) and tv. You've broken this cycle for how long? You can surely do it again. You just need to hit the re-set button. Now, you can do it and...it's GO TIME!!!

*Virtual hugs to you*