Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #31  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allend428 View Post
Good afternoon everyone. This is day 3 for me of the Ideal Protein. I am doing the plan with alternative products (honestly, cause I'm cheap). I did my research on this site and another and I found comprable products. My boss did this plan a year or so ago and he is acting as a coach and advisor. I was a little bummed yesterday when he told me I couldn't chew gum.

So far so good. I've been sticking right to the letter, eating plenty of veggies and taking the vitamins. My boss said day 3 three I would feel worse than the first 2. Not sure, I feel about the same. I had a horrific headache the first day. I feel ok today. I find myself already not feeling as hungry, especially in the afternoons. I have been having a Detour low carb/sugar protein bar and water of the morning. Lunch is an EAS low carb shake, cucumbers, peppers (today is pickles and celery) and lettuce with the Walden Farms dressing. Dinner has been chicken, Mahi Mahi, veggies. Snack is another shake. My weight goal is 85 lbs. Once I shed 25, I will start back running (something I miss). My other goals are to be able to fit comfortably into a size 40 pant, an XL shirt and my deer stand.

Thanks for reading my post. Have a great afternoon.

WTG Allen! I tried on my hunting close from last year the other day, and they are not snug anymore! I was extatic! You can do this!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #32  
Gaining by Loosing

S/C/G: 202/201/160

Height: 5'4

Good Morning, i'm reading through all of these posts because i'm going in to the Ideal Protein office today to sign up I'm excited and a little nervous as i'm worried about eating too many 'pr-packaged' foods, I do however like the fact that there are lots of veggies … so i'm keeping an open mind. Like many of you i've tried almost EVERY diet and can not seem to find something that is the right fit for me. Most days I just don't know what to eat; no fruit, yes fruit, only meat, not red meat, yes red meat, no gluten, some gluten, no bread, yes bread, no dairy, some dairy … on and on … so I'm going to try Ideal Protein
Old 09-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #33  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=lisa32989;4833221]
:

I'm not a raw or cooked kale fan but chips...now Kale chips I love.
They can be done in a toaster oven in smaller batches.
Best if very fresh.

QUOTE]

ok Everyone - I went with a small salad, WF 1000 island, and cauliflower and kale sprayed with evoo and thrown in the toaster oven with salt pepper and cumin - actually pretty good! the kale came out crispy and very surprisingly tasty! Thaks for the lunch help!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

Height: 5'8"

NSV for me today. Jeans don't fit anymore and shopping is 1 hour away. Washed them in warm and dried them completely in the dryer. For all of my adult life, I have hung jeans on the drying rack or outside to dry to avoid shrinking. Now I am LOOKING FORWARD to it!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslillyhansen View Post
Good Morning, i'm reading through all of these posts because i'm going in to the Ideal Protein office today to sign up I'm excited and a little nervous as i'm worried about eating too many 'pr-packaged' foods, I do however like the fact that there are lots of veggies … so i'm keeping an open mind. Like many of you i've tried almost EVERY diet and can not seem to find something that is the right fit for me. Most days I just don't know what to eat; no fruit, yes fruit, only meat, not red meat, yes red meat, no gluten, some gluten, no bread, yes bread, no dairy, some dairy … on and on … so I'm going to try Ideal Protein
You won't regret it!! This was my last kick at the cat because nothing else ever worked and I was petrified of the packaged food and being deprived (as I seemed to do on every diet)
I can honetly say I have not once felt like that on IP and the weight is actually comming off at a good pace and SO easy to follow
You have to commit 100% but not that hard - and totally worth it

Welcome!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #36  
Started IP 07/29/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Chicken View Post
NSV for me today. Jeans don't fit anymore and shopping is 1 hour away. Washed them in warm and dried them completely in the dryer. For all of my adult life, I have hung jeans on the drying rack or outside to dry to avoid shrinking. Now I am LOOKING FORWARD to it!
It's a great feeling isn't it! No matter how much weight I am losing I never seem to be getting out of my size 16 jeans... all my other pants are lose except for my jeans.. wierd and funny at the same time...lol

Well Wash them in very hot water and dry on high heat and they should almost fit you! My guess they will still be a little lose!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #37  
Started IP 07/29/2013

Default Alternative Pizza

Hey all that use some alternatives.. I got the (I think) Proti-Pizza from nausha nutrition.. I made the mistake of ordering another few boxes before I tried the first one.. I had some 'pizza' last night and I have to say it was gross and a disapointment. I would have eaten a better 'pizza' making a 'crust' out of one of the soups and homemade pizza sauce or using somethig from WF.

Anyway.. does anyone else that uses this product have any idea or pointers on how I can use the rest of it up so I am not out all that $$...

feelig frustrated...
Old 09-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

FrostyBobber, check the recipe threads. If I remember, RainbowSmiles has a recipe for pretzels (no...I have not tried it) that use the crust from pizzas. But if you have trouble with the taste, not sure if you will like that, either.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #39  
Gaining by Loosing

S/C/G: 202/201/160

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the encouragement
Old 09-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #40  
Started IP 07/29/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Chicken View Post
FrostyBobber, check the recipe threads. If I remember, RainbowSmiles has a recipe for pretzels (no...I have not tried it) that use the crust from pizzas. But if you have trouble with the taste, not sure if you will like that, either.
Thanks.. I will rescour them..

This is the first thing I have tried that I hated. Litterally the crust tasted like cardboard and was hard to 'spread' and the whole thing was maybe the roundness of a baseball.. I can make a huge (compared to that) IP soup pizza and barely be able to finish it faster and easier that the proti-pizza..

just disapointed.. I do like pretzels.. fingers crossed I can find it tonight.. :0

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by FrostyBobber; 09-05-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #41  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Quote:
i was the same way! the internet is full of contradictory advice on weight loss that the deeper you get, the more confused you get.

i love ideal protein in that it gives me the structure i need, and i've learned to just trust the program. go with it all the way. you WILL lose weight, and it will go really fast. forget about everything you've read.. the tiny amount of time you will spend on ideal protein losing weight is just an itty bitty sliver of time compared to the rest of your life eating healthy fruits, carbs, etc. just do the program - go with it, trust it - you will love the results.

sorry for going all infomercially on you. i just love, love, love the program and it has really given me the results i wanted after years of yoyoing back and forth because of confusing advice.

good luck!
Old 09-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #42  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=sarita75;4833179]Good morning all. Hope you are all well. Another day and another dollar. Sorry - not much else to say apart from the fact that I am wearing a new dress and keep looking at my reflection when I walk past windows and such. I feel vain and (deep down) I like it.[QUOTE]

This made me laugh and smile. I know exactly what you mean . . . and I like it, too. The other day, I was standing outside a building talking on the phone and I inadvertently caught a glimpse of myself in the window reflection. (This in and of itself is unusual, because I have deftly avoided looking at myself in full length for years.) I ACTUALLY DID NOT REALIZE IT WAS ME FOR A MOMENT!! What a fantastic feeling! I could not believe that the person -- who was being viewed from the side, no less -- was me. Yipppeeee!

Congrats on your new dress and liking how you feel. What a fantastic feeling.

And thanks for the compliment on my attitude . . . you don't know how novel that is for me . . . before I lost this weight, attitude was not my strong suit.

Last edited by SylviesGirl; 09-05-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #43  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Quote:
Jump in with both feet! I too tried lots of diets with different restrictions and lack-luster results. I was concerned about the processed packets, but eating a whole foods vegetarian diet wasn't helping me lose weight. IP has taught me a lot about my body and nutritional needs. I hope to return to eating whole foods with a critical eye to carbs in the future. GOOD LUCK!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #44  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good morning all. Hope you are all well. Another day and another dollar. Sorry - not much else to say apart from the fact that I am wearing a new dress and keep looking at my reflection when I walk past windows and such. I feel vain and (deep down) I like it.
get it in, I feel off. Funny how that happens.
Sometimes I don't recognize myself in the mirror and it is wonderful to WANT to wear clothes that flatter your body rather than cover it up.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #45  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Good afternoon everyone! Congrats to everyone who has had recent losses...big or small, a loss is what matters as we have said time and time again! Congrats to the one of us who got engaged and lost 52lbs! wow that is soooooo exciting! And to spiritman- so sorry to hear you are going through a rough time, but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that you truly are on to bigger and better things even if it just doesn't seem that way right now! Hang in there!

Well...as for me I have been having a fabulous week. Day off today...toddler is napping...house is quiet. Housecleaning lady should be here in about an hour. When my daughter wakes up we will go down to the Farmer's Market and get some fresh veggies! The best part will be coming home to a nice clean house! I love my cleaning lady.

As far as IP related stuff...some of you may recall I was quite down and discouraged about a stall I was having this past weekend on the scale...for about 4-5 days the scale was not moving, and if it did it would bounce right back up again. My last weigh in (on aug 29th) I had lost 5 inches but the scale was exactly the same (215lbs). Well my goodness I cannot believe it! When I weighed today I was 209!!! I lost 5lbs in a week. I have no idea what was going on...I must have been retaining water or something! But man I am beyond excited and so proud of myself. I have had alot of NSVs too lately! Fitting into a pair of my mom's old silver capris (that are too big on her since she lost on IP) that I would have NEVER fit before. Love it. Had alot of family members and friends comment on the losses too! I can hardly believe I am down 21lbs and 20 inches in 5 weeks. This program truly does work, and quickly. Totally agree with everyone who told me to just trust the plan! Thank you all!

So...what's in the near future for me? Well...I leave for Los Angeles in 10 days. I spoke with my coach today and we decided that I will do 5 days of phase 2 starting tomorrow, followed by 5 days of phase 3, then 7 days of phase 4 or maintenance while away on vacation. Then back to phase 1 when I get home. I see this as good practice for long-term maintenance. I think this is the best way for me to handle this vacay- I won't feel deprived at least and maintain what I have lost so far. I am also planning on having a couple treats too. I mean who goes to Disneyland and can pass up all that food!? But regardless, I know I will be looking at menus ALOT differently now since starting IP...and making healthier choices.

Wishing everyone strength to make it through another IP day! Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. My god there is truth to that statement. I have learned so much in my 5 short weeks on the plan and on this forum. Very appreciative to all of you!
Closed Thread