Old 09-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Exercise- I am glad I added it...

I was advised after the first 6-8 weeks when all was well and no problems to add it. Jointed a women's circuit training club...Womens Exercise Express. it is a 40-45 in workout that changes weekly. I go there 6 days a week and do the circuit MWF then Tu TH S ride a recumbent bike for 30-40 min. The toning and flexibility I've gained since April shows. Think it helped with clothing sizes (Size 12) dropping very rapidly after starting to exercise...and ...I still continued to lose pounds. I started IP 1/10/13..exercise 4/7/13.Had lost almost 32 pounds by the time I began exercising, and hit my main goal of 65 pounds at the end of August. Sizes 0-2 now, or extra small petites .

Biggest thing is it is now incorporated in my life. This is something we all must do...or the good efforts in losing pounds will more than likely not be maximized or maintained. Plus the evidence is undeniable ..exercise is necessary.

It's part of my day as I head off soon to figure out how to lose maybe a few last pounds and KEEP it off! Forever!!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #17  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Great job! WTG..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
So I weighed in tonight after incorporating a lot more exercise this week...and I was down 4+ lbs. yay! Gained an inch, but I feel like I'm losing inches, so who knows. Just glad I can listen to my body and it seems to be working.
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #18  

Height: 5'-8"

I am a runner. I have always ran. Runners are supposed to be "thin"; when calories in are less then calories out you have weight loss right? Nope. People forget that hormones play a huge factor in weight. Training for the next marathon I always "bulked up" when everyone around me were thinning out. I stopped training for the first month of P1 and slowly added training in. My weight loss stalled completely and the inches started increasing. It took 4 weeks to start losing inches and weight again all the while being 100% OP. It was mentally the most difficult weeks of IP I have had. Now I am 5Lbs away from Goal and picking up on my training once again, with weight lose and stomach inches going down. Leg inches are increasing.
willsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #19  

S/C/G: Reboot 2014

Height: 5' 5"

I just finished week 8 and am starting a pilates program next week for an hour 3x per week. I've been walking during P1, but have a lot more energy and am excited to add more activity back into my life.
berteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #20  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
I am a runner. I have always ran. Runners are supposed to be "thin"; when calories in are less then calories out you have weight loss right? Nope. People forget that hormones play a huge factor in weight. Training for the next marathon I always "bulked up" when everyone around me were thinning out. I stopped training for the first month of P1 and slowly added training in. My weight loss stalled completely and the inches started increasing. It took 4 weeks to start losing inches and weight again all the while being 100% OP. It was mentally the most difficult weeks of IP I have had. Now I am 5Lbs away from Goal and picking up on my training once again, with weight lose and stomach inches going down. Leg inches are increasing.
This is my biggest struggle with IP. I first went on program in Sept. '11 and lost 27 pounds and "settled" in during maintainance at about 24 pounds lost. Felt great-loved my size. Able to easily stay there until I was in the depths-and cranked up high weekly mileage doing Half-Marathon training. I am an endomorph-pear shaped with a muscular butt and legs. Running bulks me big time. I love to run-actually doing a 5K this Saturday-although I am by no means fast. I have an injured hip flexor-I really shouldn't run Saturday but it will be my last hurrah! Going back to IP on Monday. I am addicted to my exercise though. I love to lift, I love to walk with friends, I love to run and I go to pilates once a week. I am also an RN and have spent a lot of time researching exercise/body response/weight loss, etc. I do not have that runner's body but I know my running is so much easier minus 25 pounds!! I plan to give it up for about the first 2-3 weeks IF I can stand it and then start to gradually add back in. Is there a thread for Runners on IP???
boyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote