IP Daily Chat Monday 9/2/2013

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: I noticed a lot of people stalling this week. I have lost nothing for the past two weeks and have been 100% on plan. I tend to get in a rut and eat the same thing at the same time of day every single day. I've started switching around my meal and snack times and am eating restricted items only every other day now. Scale seems to be moving again. Hoping to confuse my body into losing weight.
    I wondered if eating a restricted each day was ok. I either eat it with my lunch or mid-afternoon. I was just thinking today that I might need to drop to 3 or 4 restricted for the week.
  • Hi, I see some posters mention tracking or counting calories while OP - can someone tell me the purpose or benefit if 100% OP?
  • Quote: I wondered if eating a restricted each day was ok. I either eat it with my lunch or mid-afternoon. I was just thinking today that I might need to drop to 3 or 4 restricted for the week.
    IP was carefully crafted to allow one restricted and two packets each day. It accounts for all the nutrition and calories/carbs/fats in your daily allowance! You really do not have to cut out a restricted to lose. Most if our successes here use restricteds.

What is making you think you need to adjust the program? What are your concerns? Maybe they can be addressed another way.
  • Quote: Hi, I see some posters mention tracking or counting calories while OP - can someone tell me the purpose or benefit if 100% OP?
    I track everything with my fitness pal and sync it with my fit bit. I do this so that if I have a week with no loss or a gain, I can reflect on it (maybe with my coach) and she can give me some pointers on what I may have (unknowingly) done wrong. Plus I find if I'm tracking my food I'm way more conscious of what goes in my mouth as well as portion size. Also, my fit bit tacks my activity, so if I've burned a lot of extra calories, I may add an egg or something to compensate...
  • Hi There -

Today is day day 12 for me and thankfully I stumbled upon this site/forum prior to having started IP when I googled "IP Feedback". Thanks for inspiring me to join in. Y'all are fantastic! The program is awesome; lost 8.9lbs' in 10 days - whoopie! Fortunately, I did not feel any side effects besides feeling really sleepy on Day 4. Trying to stick to eating every 4 hours.

I'm torn about restricted vs. unrestricted snacks. My coach lost 50lbs and never ate restricted. To each his own, I guess. I think I may try the every other day method. But, I've gotta share - the Cookies n' Cream Swirl AND the Double Chocolate Brownie are AMAZING and hit the spot!!!

Please share what you prefer (restricted or non-rest) and what are your favorite snacks.

Thanks!
    -kare
  • Quote:
    I'm torn about restricted vs. unrestricted snacks. My coach lost 50lbs and never ate restricted. To each his own, I guess. I think I may try the every other day method. But, I've gotta share - the Cookies n' Cream Swirl AND the Double Chocolate Brownie are AMAZING and hit the spot!!!

Please share what you prefer (restricted or non-rest) and what are your favorite snacks.

Thanks!
    -kare
    I LOVE the orange wafers! And the chicken a la king is my favorite savory non-restricted.
  • Love the omelettes with added veggies....so filling

My fav restricted is the salt and vinegar chips. I'm not a sweet fan but live my salty snacks
  • Quote: I track everything with my fitness pal and sync it with my fit bit. I do this so that if I have a week with no loss or a gain, I can reflect on it (maybe with my coach) and she can give me some pointers on what I may have (unknowingly) done wrong. Plus I find if I'm tracking my food I'm way more conscious of what goes in my mouth as well as portion size. Also, my fit bit tacks my activity, so if I've burned a lot of extra calories, I may add an egg or something to compensate...
    Thanks for the reply Meeshellee, I'll look into Fitness Pal I think I have the app already. I am starting to walk daily as of this week and I was worried if I'll start to feel hungry after.
  • Quote: Thanks for the reply Meeshellee, I'll look into Fitness Pal I think I have the app already. I am starting to walk daily as of this week and I was worried if I'll start to feel hungry after.
    You're welcome. If you want friends on MFP, there was a thread a while back where everyone was posting their usernames.