Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 8/30/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-30-2013, 08:36 AM   #2  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday, everyone! Is everyone looking forward to the long weekend? I am definitely ready for it! I have no plans, which is fine with me! I'm going to spend the whole weekend beading! (And I suppose I should do some housecleaning in there too). Whoo hoo!

Have a safe, fun, and sensible weekend! :-)
Old 08-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #3  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well took my FIL out last night for his bday , we went to Texas Roadhouse. I'm brunt out a bit upon meat so I ordered the grilled shrimp with no lemon garlic butter and that was fine. Small salad with my dressing fine no cheese no croutons . But they didn't have another veggie choice that wasn't prepped in butter. needless to say I was a bit hungry when we left. Had to come home and eat cucumbers and bell pepper strips to get my last cup in in.

This weekend will be very busy for me, and my IP buddy at work. She's going to bring in a tray we can snack on and hopefully we'll be able to break long enough to get in a full meal at some point.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #4  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

No long weekend down here but still looking forward to Monday as I have my first weigh in. I feel great although for a few nights this week I've been passed out on the couch by 8pm, plus I sleep though the night! I did by Keto stix just for the heck of it and this morning I found traces (I had my husband check the color too just to make sure, lol.) I've got "traces" so I'm on my way, lol.

Enjoy Labor day weekend back in the States!!! Everyone be safe!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #5  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Well took my FIL out last night for his bday , we went to Texas Roadhouse. I'm brunt out a bit upon meat so I ordered the grilled shrimp with no lemon garlic butter and that was fine. Small salad with my dressing fine no cheese no croutons . But they didn't have another veggie choice that wasn't prepped in butter. needless to say I was a bit hungry when we left. Had to come home and eat cucumbers and bell pepper strips to get my last cup in in.

This weekend will be very busy for me, and my IP buddy at work. She's going to bring in a tray we can snack on and hopefully we'll be able to break long enough to get in a full meal at some point.
Good job on eating out. I have wondered how Texas Roadhouse would be for IP. I am always amazed at how restaurants insist on messing up the veggies. If it isn't butter sauce, then it is some weird blend always including carrots and/or corn. Grrr.

I bought myself some new jeans this week. They are too small at the moment, and that is on purpose. I need something to strive for, non-scale related. Anyway, I decided to see if I could get them on and zipped if I tried really, really hard. I did! Since they are more of a low-rise style, they rest on my hip bones. Yes! I became aware that I do, in fact, have hip bones! LOL They have been in there -- way in there -- all along. Amazing. I think the jeans will be presentable in about 5 - 7 more pounds gone. So exciting!

Anyone else get a kick out of feeling or seeing their bones? Maybe I'm just weird that way.

Wishing everyone a good, OP weekend!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #6  
Started IP March 2013

Back to school shopping, dinner with friends and relaxing is on the table.

I gave our scale away so I am doing this blind and it seems to be better. No more wake up, pee, weigh. Also easier to stay OP because cant justify a deviation that doesn't show on scale.

Bought large shirt yesterday. It has been years since I did that. Always Xl, xxl, xxx. It felt great. Can't wait until I'm just in everyday section at store and not women's. things are going well

My hope for us all is that any temptation we face today is tomorrow success story tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #7  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

Hope everyone has a great OP long weekend!! We are headed to my in-laws camp, going boating and ride 4-wheelers!! Ready for some extra time off of work
Old 08-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

SylviesGirl - I loved the story about the jeans and zipping - you will be in them faster than you think! You are headed in the right direction.

My BIG intermediate goal is also related to jeans. I have not worn jeans for ages - we are talking decades here! I admit I prefer my look in denim skirts and that is what I was always used to.

But, sitting in my drawer is a treasured pair of size 14 jeans. I take them out, I look at them, I size them visually and then I carefully fold them up and put them back until the next time I feel blue.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #9  

Good Morning

You can tell I am a newbie from my post on yesterday's thread--I listed my weight loss for the past 7 weeks as 14# but when I listed my measurements I only added up one arm, one thigh, etc. I was telling my DH by losses this morning and I said "I've lost 9.25 inches" and he replied "from your waist?" and I said no overall but wait, I was only calculating one arm and thigh in that figure so now my new number inches lost is 13.25 so it is pretty close to number of pounds lost--so excited!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Good Morning all!!

TGIF!!! Had a hard tiem sleeping last night and woke up STARVING this morning! But, I'm keeping in mind that lots of people say a big "woosh" comes after, and keeping myself stocked with some extra snacks.

DH and I did our weigh-in last night and I'm down another 3lbs!!! So excited to see that big drop!! I'm officially down 15lbs in about 5 weeks!! WOOT!!! I think if this keeps up, I'll definately make my goal!

We're planning a low-key weekend of relaxing. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Anyone else get a kick out of feeling or seeing their bones? Maybe I'm just weird that way.

I laughed when I read this, because the other day I was so excited that my jaw and my neck are now two distinct things. I get excited about seeing "bones" too. So no I don't think you are anymore weird than I.

I hope everyone has a great OP day and weekend. I have to work this weekend.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #12  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

was up .6 lbs at my weekly weigh in this morning with NO cheats!

Last edited by floridasunshine; 08-30-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #13  
Started IP: 1/16/13

S/C/G: 228.6/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 5"

We are celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary this weekend. I thought about having a cheat day on Sunday and go out for champagne brunch, but decided it wouldn't be worth it. I'm getting close to goal and the weight seems to be coming off slower. We will have a nice BBQ at home - filet mignon and asparagus, and go for a hike or something.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #14  
IP start: Aug 20, 2013

S/C/G: 238/202/160

Height: 5'5

I'm on day 10 of IP and feeling good. This is usually where I tend to give up on other diets but I'm committed to seeing this through. After day 4 the plan just got easier. I was down 7lbs my first WI this week - that's something. :-)
Old 08-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #15  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover View Post
We are celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary this weekend. I thought about having a cheat day on Sunday and go out for champagne brunch, but decided it wouldn't be worth it. I'm getting close to goal and the weight seems to be coming off slower. We will have a nice BBQ at home - filet mignon and asparagus, and go for a hike or something.
That sounds like a great plan. Hubby and I celebrating 9 yrs this weekend and have a friend taking our kids for the night. I'm thinking hike with the dog and later dinner and a movie. I will tuck some IP packets in my purse and eat a lean steak with steamed broccoli for dins dins. This is so doable!

Happy Anniversary to you!
Closed Thread