Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #16  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Spiritman so sorry to hear about your job loss. Like one poster said you will not have to worry about facing discrimination when looking for a new job. It's sad but I often thought about my situation, if I didn't get my job when I was skinny, probably wouldn't have gotten it! Love your thoughts on how you were able to handle the news. Losing a job ranks very high on the list of life's major stressors, and to not go on a big binge took courage. I am sending encouraging thoughts your way as you tackle this new challenging situation. Stay strong and know we're all behind you.

Last edited by brelo; 08-29-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #17  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

good morning all! Just back from weigh in #4 and I'm down another 3 lbs and 3inches. Gets lots of running to do today. SIL to drop off at airport, kiddo to be picked up and dropped and picked up again. Lol ready to go with H2O and some packets.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #18  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
My boyfriend called me last night and surprised me with a camping trip this long weekend his plans fell through but he still wants to head down to Montana for the weekend. So I'll be out camping for 2 nights. Now I gotta plan what packets to bring and what to make for suppers. I think one night we will do tortilla-less fajitas (just the meat, spices, and veggies). I'm also thinking of cooking up Lisa's chicken and bringing some shredded chicken for a supper one night. At least I won't be gone too too long where I need advanced, thorough planning.
I make tortillas from the crepe packet. I just add seasonings to it and while they aren't real tortillas, they taste good with fajita meat. I have no doubt you can make them ahead of time and bring them with..I usually use garlic seasoning. I also use those 'tortillas' to make 'chips'. I cut them into little triangles and bake them in the oven @ 400 (turning once) until crispy... great for a 'taco' salad or for lisa's cauliflower humus dip!

Have fun camping!
Old 08-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #19  
Started IP 07/29/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
good morning all! Just back from weigh in #4 and I'm down another 3 lbs and 3inches. Gets lots of running to do today. SIL to drop off at airport, kiddo to be picked up and dropped and picked up again. Lol ready to go with H2O and some packets.

WOW!! You are doing amazing! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #20  

Good morning... can anyone tell me the potato roll recipe mentioned in yesterday's daily chat?
Thanks
Kim
Old 08-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 262/226/160

Height: 5ft2

Weigh In #7 down 3lbs, not bad because my stress level for the past 2 weeks has been cringe worthy!! This week I barely have time to eat and am forcing down everything and not even getting close to drinking my water.. Thankfully this would be the time that I eat bad. Which I tell you I want to but I want to be skinner more!!
Old 08-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #22  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning. After long weeks at work and training, I am working from home. Nothing better than being in comfie clothes, doing some work and hanging out with the boyfriend while listening to Hawaiian music. Love!

Saturday I am going scuba diving for the first time in years. It is going to be cold in the N. California waters but I can't wait to get into the water again. The wetsuit barely fits (too big) but we are only doing one dive so I think it will be okay. I hope!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #23  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire54 View Post
Good morning... can anyone tell me the potato roll recipe mentioned in yesterday's daily chat?
Thanks
Kim
Kim it's really easy!
Potato purée packet
1egg white
1/2 teaspoon of baking power
pinch of salt.

Mix salt and egg white until frothy (not peaked)
Add packet of PP and mix. Let set 10 mins to activate baking powder

Pour into well sprayed muffin pan. 1 packet makes 3 muffins
Bake in oven at 350 for 20 mins.

Credit to Lisa for the receipe!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Started back to work on Monday only to be told first thing in the morning that I have been bumped out of my instructor position at the college and that I do not have enough seniority to bump anyone else. So in 3 weeks I will unemployed. Because I live in a butt hole of town other opportunities are extremely limited unless I want to be a sandwich artist or a crew member involved in putting fries in paper containers. Those jobs won't pay bills.

The only positive of this situation is that I didn't turn to food and eat myself into a stupor like I would have in the past. Oh, forgot to add that there was another positive, I did lose another 3 pounds so yeah for me.
I'm so glad you could find the silver lining.
You are in my thoughts and I hope this will open up other opportunities for you that you hadn't thought of before.
The thought of facing unemployment is very scary. Keep us posted!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #25  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
My boyfriend called me last night and surprised me with a camping trip this long weekend his plans fell through but he still wants to head down to Montana for the weekend. So I'll be out camping for 2 nights. Now I gotta plan what packets to bring and what to make for suppers. I think one night we will do tortilla-less fajitas (just the meat, spices, and veggies). I'm also thinking of cooking up Lisa's chicken and bringing some shredded chicken for a supper one night. At least I won't be gone too too long where I need advanced, thorough planning.
Have a great time camping! Sounds like you have a plan.

Quote:
Morning folks. Life for me has been cruising along in phase 3. Several mornings now I have started the day with a toasted ham and cheese sandwich, as well as fruit etc.- for whatever reason that was what I was craving at the end of phase 2. I was always a bread junkie and couldn't wait to eat some. Well....I discovered that it was no big deal, it tasted good but no where close to what I was imagining it would be. Maybe I was waiting for the heavens to open up and a rainbow to fly out of the toaster. Didn't happen.

Started back to work on Monday only to be told first thing in the morning that I have been bumped out of my instructor position at the college and that I do not have enough seniority to bump anyone else. So in 3 weeks I will unemployed. Because I live in a butt hole of town other opportunities are extremely limited unless I want to be a sandwich artist or a crew member involved in putting fries in paper containers. Those jobs won't pay bills.

The only positive of this situation is that I didn't turn to food and eat myself into a stupor like I would have in the past. Oh, forgot to add that there was another positive, I did lose another 3 pounds so yeah for me.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Sorry to hear about the upcoming job loss, that sucks. I do like your attitude and here's hoping you can find something soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Good morning all,

I had my week 2 WI this week and lost another 1.6. I know a loss is a loss and a good thing, and so am trying to get out of the headspace that it is not "enough" for a week. It's hard not to compare who lose more each week, even knowing rationally that it's pointless because everyone is different. I have a history of very slow weight loss and am just hoping that doesn't carry over into my IP journey as well. Coach suggested reducing olive oil to 1tsp instead of 2 per day, so I will try it and see what happens next week.
I know, it's hard to get past the fact that one week you could lose 4lbs, the next only (in your mind) 1lb. But, you still lost weight - you didn't gain it and now it's gone. Find something that weighs a pound and a half. Put it in your hand and lift it up and down. That is gone from your body, never to be back. Celebrate that

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Good morning everyone! Vacation is going well. Staying 100% OP. Lots of fun activities in Minneapolis.
Have fun! We were there a couple of weeks ago and had a great time!

Happy Thursday! Thanks to Lisa's post yesterday, I've got a farm fresh chicken in the crock pot - yum! It's rainy today and I may have to spend the afternoon at the clinic with my son (he's got what looks like an infected sore or something on his chest) so it will be nice to come home to.

Have a great IP day everyone!

Jo
Old 08-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Morning folks. Life for me has been cruising along in phase 3. Several mornings now I have started the day with a toasted ham and cheese sandwich, as well as fruit etc.- for whatever reason that was what I was craving at the end of phase 2. I was always a bread junkie and couldn't wait to eat some. Well....I discovered that it was no big deal, it tasted good but no where close to what I was imagining it would be. Maybe I was waiting for the heavens to open up and a rainbow to fly out of the toaster. Didn't happen.

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear about the job. I know something will come your way! Congrats on the loss in Phase 3! That sandwich sounds delightful
Old 08-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:

On the list of hard to handle life situations...this one is just about at the top. Good for you that you don't feel the need to feed your problem. Take care of you...and take heart that sometimes reinventing yourself works out better than expected. I'll keep my fingers crossed...you are a new man these days. I hope new and better things are actually in store for you right around the corner.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #28  
Started IP 07/29/2013

Default Potato Rolls

I don't use the salt and bake @ 395 for 7 to 12 min.... same texture as bread.. soo good.. I make 'sliders' out of the small ones or make 1 big one using foil instead of the cupcake pans and then have a sandwich...

It is worth it sometimes when your craving 'bread' to combine your protein for dinner with a packet..maybe that day not having one for lunch and just a bigger salad.. OR you could only just part of your protein for lunch (with your packet) and save the other half for dinner! A good example might be having a tuna salad sandwich (made with WF Mayo) and then you'll have plenty of protein left to enjoy with dinner!

So many options!

There is also a recipe on the recipe threads (in the stickies) that you can make flat breads.. I personally like using the creps (adding garlic seasoning) for tortillas! Switching it up once in a while keeps the menus from getting boring and helps me look forward to each meal!

Have fun staying IP and experimenting! I just took time out of one of my days and read the recipe threads.. .you won't be sorry! Lots of good stuff in there!
Old 08-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #29  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Ok, I know this has been asked before and Im not sure I am posting it in the right forum but heres my problem:

Since my girls have started school my days have now turned into 12 hour days. I eat breakfast at 7 (chocolate drink mix warmed) with my husband working nights we eat 'supper' at 3 so I do not eat from 7 till 3 and then me and the girls have supper at 6-6:30. My problem is that IM STARVING from 7am-3pm!! Is it ok to eat a few eggs whites in between then?? How many am I allowed to have before I have to "borrow" from my protein at meal time?? Like is 2-3 egg whites ok?? I try to fill up on water to the point where I am drinking 16oz every hour-hour and a half and its just not cutting it anymore. I've debated on adding another IP pack to my day because I am also jogging 30 mins every morning but the last time I did that I stopped losing weight.

Any advice??
Old 08-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBobber View Post
I don't use the salt and bake @ 395 for 7 to 12 min.... same texture as bread.. soo good.. I make 'sliders' out of the small ones or make 1 big one using foil instead of the cupcake pans and then have a sandwich...

It is worth it sometimes when your craving 'bread' to combine your protein for dinner with a packet..maybe that day not having one for lunch and just a bigger salad.. OR you could only just part of your protein for lunch (with your packet) and save the other half for dinner! A good example might be having a tuna salad sandwich (made with WF Mayo) and then you'll have plenty of protein left to enjoy with dinner!

So many options!

There is also a recipe on the recipe threads (in the stickies) that you can make flat breads.. I personally like using the creps (adding garlic seasoning) for tortillas! Switching it up once in a while keeps the menus from getting boring and helps me look forward to each meal!

Have fun staying IP and experimenting! I just took time out of one of my days and read the recipe threads.. .you won't be sorry! Lots of good stuff in there!
OMG yes. I don't think there is ANY WAY I would have stayed on IP so long or lost so much weight without the recipes.

I started with adding purees to soups (never had a soup "solo"...just didn't sound good).

The potato rolls (with 1 c shredded zucchini) became my savior when I cut out soy & gluten, which cut all my favorite IP packets. Especially because I choose not to fill up on only sweet, but prefer my meal (especially lunch) to be savory).

Although I know many people combine meat with a packet or split their protein, I've tried very hard not to do that b/c I prefer the 8 oz at dinner. It is a personal choice and no judgement on anyone else. I'd end up too hungry later in the evening if I did it any other way.

Luckily, with the help of this forum, we can all find a way that works for us, despite what some well-meaning but perhaps ill-informed coaches may say.
Closed Thread