Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #61  

Height: 5'4"

So happy - just got back from the thrift store and I got 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts and a skirt for under $20! Now I'll have clothes to wear for work - not that I really want to head back

Hope everyone is having a great IP day!

Jo
Old 08-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
Lots of great weigh in news today. So inspirational. Congrats all!

I had a small NSV - my first business lunch out. I had no choice on the restaurant but I found a way to make it work. It took "effort" (to avoid the bread basket when everyone else was chowing down) but wasn't "hard" - thank goodness! It was basically about making a choice to stay on plan, planning (had a bar in my bag just in case), and sticking to it. I am really proud of myself because I have often used these types of things as a crutch to overindulge.

I think i may be turning the corner on the TOM stall. Down a pound this morning on my scale. A girl can dream... it would be nice to see the scale start moving again.

w1: -2.4
w2: -4.4
w3: coming soon 8/31
Fantastic!!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
Hello everyone! I just started IP last Thursday and so far, so good, although I did overdose on steamed broccoli to the point where last night I nearly gagged when I smelled it. I need to do some serious shopping!

First weigh in will be Thursday -- am anxious to see how it's working! Two of my co-workers have done IP and they are ultra-supportive, even claiming they can see a difference already (I am sure they are just being nice!)

I look forward to sharing/encouraging/celebrating with all of you!
I know what you mean about the broccoli!! Do try some of the ones you haven't before. You may surprise yourself as I did. Who knew baby kale tasted great in the chocolate drink...mixing in with ice and blending it. Depending on the kale, it tastes pretty good. Arugula is great this way as well. This was one I learned about in my first week of IP from a wonderful poster
Old 08-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Its not going away!

Ugh I have totally plateaud Im stuck right now, really frustrating! I know its normal to fluctuate and have plateaus, I just didnt mentally prepare myself for it to happen on this diet, its been soo exciting to see the scale go down every week and for it to be stuck right now is upsetting.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #65  
IP Start Date: Aug. 2/13

S/C/G: 248.2/213.8/146

So many amazing weigh ins this week. Congrats everyone!

Having a pretty good day. Have to pull out my food processor and make some more spinach and basil pesto. We are having family come and visit beginning tomorrow so I'm trying to plan meals ahead of time so I can eat OP while they are visiting.

I'm looking forward to my WI on Wednesday. Hoping to see a few more lbs gone.

Having a good giggle over all the boob talk. I had a reduction 20 years ago when I was 17. My girls didn't get too much bigger as I gained weight over 2 decades. Nothing says "natural" like cookie cutter nipples!! Lol!!!

Have a great Monday everyone.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #66  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well trying something a bit different tonight. Threw a chicken breast on the grill once it was done I put it in the food processor with onions and celery. Added some WF ranch dressing now I have chicken "salad" gonna have it with some field greens

Last edited by nolasmurf; 08-26-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #67  

Had a pretty good day today. Struggled a little but stayed OP. I have taken what a lot of people have said and made a few of meals up, it seems to really help. Down 13.6 lbs in 2 weeks and feeling pretty positive.

Last edited by Kootenay Grandma; 08-26-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
Ugh I have totally plateaud Im stuck right now, really frustrating! I know its normal to fluctuate and have plateaus, I just didnt mentally prepare myself for it to happen on this diet, its been soo exciting to see the scale go down every week and for it to be stuck right now is upsetting.
You are doing great and very close to your goal. I feel the same way about the scale going down!!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecircleguru View Post
So many amazing weigh ins this week. Congrats everyone!

Having a pretty good day. Have to pull out my food processor and make some more spinach and basil pesto. We are having family come and visit beginning tomorrow so I'm trying to plan meals ahead of time so I can eat OP while they are visiting.

I'm looking forward to my WI on Wednesday. Hoping to see a few more lbs gone.

Having a good giggle over all the boob talk. I had a reduction 20 years ago when I was 17. My girls didn't get too much bigger as I gained weight over 2 decades. Nothing says "natural" like cookie cutter nipples!! Lol!!!

Have a great Monday everyone.
You have a great Monday as well! Love the cookie cutter nipples comment! LOL
Old 08-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
What are you considering as a plateau??

A plateau is 5-6 consecutive weeks with NO CHANGE in weight OR measurements!! Is that what you are experiencing??

The body often pauses dropping weight after several weeks of weightloss so it has time to adjust to the new and rather sudden weight loss. At the same time it is also often dropping inches.

If you are being 100% OP, then stay the course and if needed, stay off the scale. Stress created from worrying can actually keep you from losing!

Be sure you are measuring everything and not eyeballing so you know you are getting ALL your food. If you are eating too little you could also affect losses. Are you measuring your oil and adding to food, not just cooking with it? Also, some people kick-start losses by eating a little more fat in their protein (not just fish and chicken, but a little beef not super lean). If no losses after another week or so, post a couple days if food/water in take and maybe we can see something.

Stay OP and stay strong!!!

Last edited by JLUS; 08-26-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay Grandma View Post
Had a pretty good day today. Struggled a little but stayed OP. I have taken what a lot of people have said and made a few of meals up, it seems to really help. Down 13.6 lbs in 2 weeks and feeling pretty positive.
That's awesome Kootenay! Just Keep OP and keep posting. How's the smoke out there?
Old 08-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Well trying something a bit different tonight. Threw a chicken breast on the grill once it was done I put it in the food processor with onions and celery. Added some WF ranch dressing now I have chicken "salad" gonna have it with some field greens
That sounds really yummy!!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #73  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinimartini View Post
Awesome, good luck on your weigh-in!! Good to know- day 1 has been good so far, but I went shopping for veggies and it hit me for the first time that I will have to completely bypass the fruit section for a few months! I will look forward to eating an apple again
I feel you - I missed fruit like crazy the first week, but it's starting to subside now. It will be a nice treat once we get to reintroduce ourselves to it!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #74  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinookgirl View Post
That's awesome Kootenay! Just Keep OP and keep posting. How's the smoke out there?
Thank you I will keep posting it really helps. Congrats to you too . I live in the East Kootenays and we have no smoke here.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #75  

Hey everyone.
Prepped for the next few days...kinda struggling with crazy mood swings atm...gotta be all the hormones going bonkers...hope it passes soon.

hope you're all well ....keep up the great work
Closed Thread