Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Monday 8/26/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #2  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Good Morning everyone! WI 2 this am - down another 2 lbs! Super excited! Have a wonderful 100% OP Day folks
Old 08-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #3  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I am on vacation this week. Celebrated my birthday with my brother's family and was so moved by my birthday cake: a bowl of ip jello with candles in it!

I thought travelling might be difficult from a restaurant point of view but it has been fine. There have been good op options all the way.

And besides that, I am travelling with Rainbow Smiles Road Kit!

So happy I am on track and that I stepped up to embrace ip. I am enjoying movement with a lot more ease. Activity options expand!

Checking in!

Last edited by Annik; 08-26-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone!!! I just had my first weigh in....dun dun dun.....6.8lbs!!! I am through the roof excited. I know it won't always be like that but what a great start. I also made it through a really tough weekend away at the beach with my husbands family and stayed on plan the whole time. Last night I made an awesome dinner of veggies, topped with "pesto" shredded beef and a poached egg, it was decadent. Photos on my blog. I hope everyone else had a great weekend and day!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #5  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
I am on vacation this week. Celebrated my birthday with my brother's family and was so moved by my birthday cake: a bowl of ip jello with candles in it!

I thought travelling might be difficult from a restaurant point of view but it has been fine. There have been good op options all the way.

So happy I am on track and that I stepped up to embrace ip. I am enjoying movement with a lot more ease. Activity options expand!

Checking in!
Great job stayong OP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
Hi everyone!!! I just had my first weigh in....dun dun dun.....6.8lbs!!! I am through the roof excited. I know it won't always be like that but what a great start. I also made it through a really tough weekend away at the beach with my husbands family and stayed on plan the whole time. Last night I made an awesome dinner of veggies, topped with "pesto" shredded beef and a poached egg, it was decadent. Photos on my blog. I hope everyone else had a great weekend and day!
Wow!! Great first WI!! It's so motivating to lose so much, isn't it? Makes it all worthwhile!

__________________________________________________ _____

I had a busy weekend doing nothing...lots of company coming and going and I fed them all sorts of finger food that wasn't OP and I didn't eat any of it!!! I made buffalo wings for myself and had fresh garden veggies. I really didn't find it that hard to resist. I know what I am doing is working so why wouldn't I stick to it?

I was reading the weekend conversation about bra sizes and I am opposite of most of you. At my heaviest my bra size was 38A...as measured by the salesgirl at Victoria's Secret. Just so you know...they don't make a 38A.
I had to settle for a 38B and add "chicken cutlets" to fill them out. Now I am a 36A but the girls are deflated so I am still using the "cutlets". I have always wanted to get a boob job but at 45 I am thinking it's prolly a bit ridiculous.

Anyways, off to get some work done! I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #6  
IP start date 12/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by caressme View Post
Good Morning everyone! WI 2 this am - down another 2 lbs! Super excited! Have a wonderful 100% OP Day folks
Good morning! And good WI!!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!! I hope that everyone has a great OP week!!

I went to a mutual baby shower yesterday for two people I work with. It started at one so I made sure I ate my lunch before I got there. Of course, there was a whole lunch there with nothing IP friendly (except celery). I just explained that I had already eaten before I came and that I am on a very strict diet plan, which then people kept asking "what can you eat?" Surprisingly NONE of the food looked tempting to me, not even the cake, and I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. It was more the awkwardness of just sitting there while everyone was eating that got to me. People were looking at me like I had two heads because they couldn't understand why I couldn't have just a little bit of this, or the all vegetable "salad" with carrots and corn in it.

TOM is coming soon, accompanied by Big C. Does anyone else notice that these two "friends" seem to come hand-in-hand?

Quote:
That is amazing!! You are very lucky to have such a supportive family!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

Wishing you all a great day! My weigh in Friday had me down 13.4 pounds in 2 weeks! Solid start. my daughter left for college and she doesnt' want weight loss updates so she can be surprised when I see her in a month!

Love to all, amke it a great day!

M.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-8"

Happy OP Monday. I am starting the week off with a great start. Officially at a healthy BMI. YAY!!!
I do have a question for everyone. How did you come to figure out the lowest weight you wanted to attain? Did you coach help you figure this out? Is it a mental weight that you personally would like to be at? Some clothes that you want to fit again? I ask this because the BMI has 3 ranges for the small, Medium and Large frame sizes!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

shrinkingsusie - I think sometimes your being sure and comfortable with NOT eating bad things at a shower makes people squirm a little because they want you eating what they are eating? I know that sounds mean, but I am absolutely struggling with my husband and subtle and not so subtle sabotaging. I am guessing that when I am sitting in a restaurant with two eggs a he is eating hash browns, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy that he is not as comfortable as when he could "persuade" me to share his with him.

Stay strong, sweet and just mental image all the weight dropping off you with every bite they take that you do not!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
I was reading the weekend conversation about bra sizes and I am opposite of most of you. At my heaviest my bra size was 38A...as measured by the salesgirl at Victoria's Secret. Just so you know...they don't make a 38A.
I had to settle for a 38B and add "chicken cutlets" to fill them out. Now I am a 36A but the girls are deflated so I am still using the "cutlets". I have always wanted to get a boob job but at 45 I am thinking it's prolly a bit ridiculous.
Just goes to show, no matter which side of the "coin" you're on, an ill-fitting bra is frustrating & the fact that it is hard to find the right size is equally frustrating.
I'm finding sizes at barenecessities.com and herroom.com
I hope others can find luck there, as well.

When I got my reduction in '99, people were "lined up" for a transplant
I kept telling them: the grass might be greener but you still have to mow it. I got my reduction (44I at the time) due to back, neck, shoulder pain. Insurance paid for the surgery as medically necessary. Doc reduced me to a DD (I wanted D). He told me if I gained weight, I might gain a cup size again.

Well, I LOST weight on Atkins but then had the gain due to lack of maintenance. And, as predicted, gained the unwanted cup size. In 95 lbs, it has not gone away, altho I've lost back fat, band size, and EVERYTHING else. (I KNEW he should have reduced me smaller! )

Anyway, I hope the websites help others find well-fitting bras.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #12  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

First weigh in today and I am down 8 lb in my first week back! I really didn't think I was even going to lose that in my 1st week again so it was a nice surprise!

Now home with 2 sick kids today who may drive me crazy.... just hoping the other 2 (or myself) don't get sick!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #13  
IP start date 12/12/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Just goes to show, no matter which side of the "coin" you're on, an ill-fitting bra is frustrating & the fact that it is hard to find the right size is equally frustrating.
I'm finding sizes at barenecessities.com and herroom.com
I hope others can find luck there, as well.

When I got my reduction in '99, people were "lined up" for a transplant
I kept telling them: the grass might be greener but you still have to mow it. I got my reduction (44I at the time) due to back, neck, shoulder pain. Insurance paid for the surgery as medically necessary. Doc reduced me to a DD (I wanted D). He told me if I gained weight, I might gain a cup size again.

Well, I LOST weight on Atkins but then had the gain due to lack of maintenance. And, as predicted, gained the unwanted cup size. In 95 lbs, it has not gone away, altho I've lost back fat, band size, and EVERYTHING else. (I KNEW he should have reduced me smaller! )

Anyway, I hope the websites help others find well-fitting bras.
Yup...I'd be annoyed with the doc who did the surgery! Are you considering having another reduction when you get to goal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
First weigh in today and I am down 8 lb in my first week back! I really didn't think I was even going to lose that in my 1st week again so it was a nice surprise!

Now home with 2 sick kids today who may drive me crazy.... just hoping the other 2 (or myself) don't get sick!
Great job Calisto!!! That's an awesome first WI after being off for a while! I was down 3.5 lbs and I was surprised too that I lost that much coming back to the program! Love IP!!

Last edited by mrskuby; 08-26-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #14  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Good morning! And good WI!!
THANKS!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #15  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Quote:

Checking in!
Congrats for staying on track and kudos to the family for making sure you stay on IP with the IP Jello cake ! So thoughtful !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
Congrats on your weight loss ! When the number goes down it is such a fantastic feeling ! Keep up the good work !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning everyone!! I hope that everyone has a great OP week!!

I went to a mutual baby shower yesterday for two people I work with. It started at one so I made sure I ate my lunch before I got there. Of course, there was a whole lunch there with nothing IP friendly (except celery). I just explained that I had already eaten before I came and that I am on a very strict diet plan, which then people kept asking "what can you eat?" Surprisingly NONE of the food looked tempting to me, not even the cake, and I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. It was more the awkwardness of just sitting there while everyone was eating that got to me. People were looking at me like I had two heads because they couldn't understand why I couldn't have just a little bit of this, or the all vegetable "salad" with carrots and corn in it.

TOM is coming soon, accompanied by Big C. Does anyone else notice that these two "friends" seem to come hand-in-hand?

That is amazing!! You are very lucky to have such a supportive family!
Good thinking to plan ahead ! It shows you are 110% committed - Good job !

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
Happy OP Monday. I am starting the week off with a great start. Officially at a healthy BMI. YAY!!!
I do have a question for everyone. How did you come to figure out the lowest weight you wanted to attain? Did you coach help you figure this out? Is it a mental weight that you personally would like to be at? Some clothes that you want to fit again? I ask this because the BMI has 3 ranges for the small, Medium and Large frame sizes!
Congratulations on reaching a healthy BMI ! Must be quite a feeling !!
Personnally, I have a goal weight based on my frame since I seem to be on the large one (always been told I am big boned !) - My coach told me to measure my wrist with my thumb and index.. If the fingers overlap, then you are a small frame.. if they touch, then medium frame and if they do not touch ..of course large frame !
Good luck to you and again congrats !

__________________________________________________ ___________

Today I have finally reached my first 25 ibs loss !! I am so excited and rediscovering some clothes in my closet that were too tight !! What a great feeling ! Went to a big birthday luncheon on Saturday and was able to actually stay on track by being very careful on the food I was putting in my mouth even though saying NO to the roasted potatoes and the champagne cake was quite tricky !!

Have a great week !
Closed Thread