Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #91  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Thanks everyone for all the congrats (I haven't gotten the hang of multiple quoting yet)! It does feel good to hit Onederland!

And hooray for every everyone for staying 100% over the holiday weekend - what a great feeling to be in control and not letting food rule us! I find I'm paying more attention to the socializing at social events and actually enjoying myself more. After all, that's what these occasions are all about, being with friends and family.
@Ruth Ann - I totally agree, this past weekend I went to a bbq, was 100% OP and found myself more engaged with people/friends than ever. I brought my own meal and salad but contributed, as well. I felt dynamite to stay on track and follow the plan and after a little bit of explaining, my friends supported me 100% not to mention, there were zero temptations - the urge just wasn't there. It was nice to focus on the fun stuff and to be engaged as opposed to going back to the dinner table, grazing and eating food that got me into trouble in the first place. We've come a long way, eh?!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #92  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
@Ruth Ann - I totally agree, this past weekend I went to a bbq, was 100% OP and found myself more engaged with people/friends than ever. I brought my own meal and salad but contributed, as well. I felt dynamite to stay on track and follow the plan and after a little bit of explaining, my friends supported me 100% not to mention, there were zero temptations - the urge just wasn't there. It was nice to focus on the fun stuff and to be engaged as opposed to going back to the dinner table, grazing and eating food that got me into trouble in the first place. We've come a long way, eh?!
Good morning!

Good job on planning ahead Kare! I really think that's key in our success - once I get the food part planned out I am free to do other things. Of course, i still have a back up plan and extra packets stashed everywhere!

I'm pretty lucky though - dh was a chef and a lot of times for dinner he just looks at what protein I have planned for the day and makes something awesome for dinner. Last night it was chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms & spinach with tarragon and mustard and steamed zucchini. Yummy!

Have a great day all and stay strong!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #93  

Ugh
My back is still giving me fits
I went to bed early last nite so I'm planning food today before I get out of bed.
Then using my tens unit & doing my stretches before work.

I won't be weighing during a flare up. I KNOW BETTER! Inflammation = water weight.

I'll get thru this & at some point my back will be better. It is just frustrating in the moment. The good news is it is not a disk.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #94  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ugh
My back is still giving me fits
I went to bed early last nite so I'm planning food today before I get out of bed.
Then using my tens unit & doing my stretches before work.

I won't be weighing during a flare up. I KNOW BETTER! Inflammation = water weight.

I'll get thru this & at some point my back will be better. It is just frustrating in the moment. The good news is it is not a disk.
Hang in there Lisa. I'm cheering for you
Old 09-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #95  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Good morning!

Sorry to hear you're having problems Lisa, that's the pits.

Good to see you Texan!

Someone asked me yesterday if I'd lost weight - I told them "no, I just got a haircut". I figure after all the hair comments I'd heard, it was my turn to throw one out!

I have discovered that brewing a cup of really strong decaf herbal tea and then adding about half to my water bottle once or twice a day really helps when I just don't feel like drinking more water. Most water flavorings set my stomach off so it was nice to find something that works.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #96  

Quote:
Good morning!

Sorry to hear you're having problems Lisa, that's the pits.

Good to see you Texan!

Someone asked me yesterday if I'd lost weight - I told them "no, I just got a haircut". I figure after all the hair comments I'd heard, it was my turn to throw one out!

I have discovered that brewing a cup of really strong decaf herbal tea and then adding about half to my water bottle once or twice a day really helps when I just don't feel like drinking more water. Most water flavorings set my stomach off so it was nice to find something that works.

Have a great day everyone!
Those water flavorings set my stomach off too!
I got one called Stur from Netrition. It is sweetened with Stevia. Seems to be okay but it is more expensive.

Best, I feel, to learn to live without them, tho. I still like my unsweeteend flavored waters. I'm happy adding TrueLemon or TrueLime or, yes, herbal tea.

Right now I have 2 pitchers of tea in the fridge. One is decaf black tea with mint. The other is caf peach tea. I usually have a caffeine pick-me-up in the afternoon. It just helps!

Sometimes just boiling some water with ginger makes a nice, refreshing "tea" as well.

Anything to change it up a bit, right?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #97  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Good ideas Lisa! I actually like just plain water - just need to change it up sometimes.

I hear you on the afternoon caffeine - I usually have one cup of coffee in the morning and then another sometime later, whenever I need it. That's down from the 8-10 cups I was doing before I started IP!

I'll try boiling some ginger, sounds interesting.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #98  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Well its great to see that y'all still have this thread going on! I had a minute so I figured I would check in with y'all...also wanted to let y'all know those of you who know me, I have my tummy tuck scheduled for October 24th!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 09-05-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #99  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hooray Wuv - that is so exciting! I followed your journey when I lurked before starting IP and you were always so upbeat and ready to help. You helped me make the decision to start!

I hope the surgery goes wonderful and I love your pics - you look so beautiful!
Old 09-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #100  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Hooray Wuv - that is so exciting! I followed your journey when I lurked before starting IP and you were always so upbeat and ready to help. You helped me make the decision to start!

I hope the surgery goes wonderful and I love your pics - you look so beautiful!
thank you!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #101  

Wink

Warning: me post

So, I'm rethinking the 12 weeks on P1
Ketosis is no longer keeping hunger at bay and I'm basically stalling again, which tells me hormones are at play.
Ketosis is strong but not stronger than leptin or ghrelin.

I'm thinking I may need to do P1,2,3 in 6 week cycles until I'm at goal.

I'm still going to do a p4 Halloween week as planned but then may return to another 6-week cycle prior to Christmas

As with my summer phase-off of p1 for health reasons, I will remain ON IP.
My body responded nicely when I came back but alas is just basically bouncing up & down the same numbers again.

Some coaches would have people go LOWER carb/calorie. I'm not doing that to my thyroid. I'm good with slow, steady, and patient, as long as I stick to plan and don't lose site of my goal.

This has been in my head for most of the week. The plan came together yesterday afternoon and I actually bought some additional meat last nite for lunch (instead of a packet).

To me (and I hope to you) this is different than an IP break. I'm still following IP phases. Just not P1 all the time. My hormone system doesn't seem to like it anymore and I prefer to treat myself with loving care than to force my body into losing weight faster than it wants to, jeopardizing my health in the process

Renting to p2 today thru Tuesday, Sept 10.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #102  
Started IP 04/22/2013

You know Lisa, you know your body best since you live there. You've made it a point to learn a lot about nutrition and how your body works. So you are probably right about how much P1 you can handle at any one time. Your plan makes sense - especially with your thyroid issues.

You've had great success so far, and I'll bet this gives your body the shake up it needs.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #103  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Lisa, you have learned so much through this journey. Part of that knowledge is understanding your body and recognizing when you should respond to the signals it is sending you. I am excited to be able to see the continued improvements you are making for your health. Good luck to you.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Lisa - Good luck with cycling the IP phases. Your plan makes a lot of sense. I admire how determined and patient you are! You really are an inspiration to a lot of us.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #105  

I am a newbie. Yesterday was my 1st day. Thank you all for so much inspiration and insight. I know I can do this. I have never had success with a weight loss plan before and like most of you all I have tried everything. I don't know how to add the weight ticker to my post but starting weight was 211 on yesterday. I have a 30yr class reunion in 4 weeks my goal is to be down 20lbs by then. I have put everyone ahead of myself for years. This is my time!!!! I miss the girl I used to be I cant wait to see her again soon.
Closed Thread