Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 05:46 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 8/23/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone!! TGIF. This is the fist weekend in over a month that I have had off, I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing.

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!! TGIF! Sending everyone strength to stay OP!!!

Have a good day!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #4  

Good Morning
Guess what happened to me this morning? I mixed my IP Crispy Cereal and was letting it sit to thicken up. I misjudged placing it on the table and it fell to floor and spilled all over. My dogs had my $4 planned meal. I didn't miss a beat--I made my IP omelet and loaded it with veggies. I'm so glad to be a part of this group!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #5  
Started IP March 2013

Thumbs up

Good morning all! Another beautiful day and another day to enjoy the fact that we can make great choices about how we live our lives. I am back on track and feeling strong. The scale is starting to head south again after my detour last Friday. I realized this am I have lost 20% of my starting body weight thus far. Pretty good for a start

Enjoy today and I hope any tests you face today become fodder for success stories tonight.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 248.2/ticker/150

Height: 5'5""

Yesterday, I brought home a Diet Dr. Peper to surprise my girlfriend. Not a big deal, but she LOVES them and I have stopped drinking them since being on IP, so it was kind of out of my way to stop and get her something on the way home. I was trying to carry too many things on the way up my stairs, and needless to say dropped the 32 ounce drink all over my floor. I was not happy. In fact, a slew of cuss words came out and I slammed the door going into my bedroom. I was shaking and just felt SO MAD! I am under a lot of stress, working full time and trying to open my own business with three other business partners, including my girlfriend. So I know I was due for a flip out. But I think my reaction was excessive and thought about it maybe being a side effect of the diet? Has anyone else experienced a flip out like this?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #7  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

good morning

soo.. my wedding is october 5th, leaving me 6 more weeks on IP. planning on phasing off that 6th week though so that I can enjoy the wedding. i'm about 20 lbs from where i want to be and losing around 3 lbs and 3-4" a week. but i know it slows down the closer you get to your goal weight. i haven't worked out at all. not even a short walk.

should i add some walking or maybe a dvd like thirty day shred to push my losses along... do you guys think it would make me stall?

i would like to at least work on my arms and back a bit to add some definition because of the way my dress is. but i'm worried that even that will slow down my losses.

ideas/thoughts/suggestions?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #8  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

TGIF and have a great weekend everyone ! Yesterday, I was making a tiramisu for a friend of mine. While I was finishing the cake, I was "facetiming" with my parents overseas when without realizing it, I put the spoon with the "mascarpone" filling in my mouth (first time that ever happened since I started IP) when I heard a big scream..... My mom was yelling to remove that #^$*# spoon from my mouth... I froze and went to the sink where I spit it all out and immediately rinsed my mouth with mouthwash! My mom was laughing so hard because she said that the expression on my face was a "kodak: moment !! She said that it looked like I swallowed a "brownie" (just to stay polite !!!) Thank God for mothers !! Phew...that was close !
Have a great weekend !
Old 08-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #9  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Congrats on the upcoming wedding I am brand new to IP but my coach told me I can start working out after a week if I want.. I plan to do what you are saying weights for arms / back/ core - I think I will stay away from cardio as we are on quite a reduced calorie diet..
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
good morning

soo.. my wedding is october 5th, leaving me 6 more weeks on IP. planning on phasing off that 6th week though so that I can enjoy the wedding. i'm about 20 lbs from where i want to be and losing around 3 lbs and 3-4" a week. but i know it slows down the closer you get to your goal weight. i haven't worked out at all. not even a short walk.

should i add some walking or maybe a dvd like thirty day shred to push my losses along... do you guys think it would make me stall?

i would like to at least work on my arms and back a bit to add some definition because of the way my dress is. but i'm worried that even that will slow down my losses.

ideas/thoughts/suggestions?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

Week 11 weigh in this morning a day early and a little disappointing. I lost 1 pound, I will NOT say ONLY 1 pound, lol!
I am so close to onederland!!! I don't think I have weighed less than 200 pounds in 10 years!!!!!
Have a good OP day everyone!!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hello all! Day five! Today was jazz hands day! I definitely went over the hurdle and woke up feeling great. I peed on my little ketosis stick and I am in solid ketosis! Wahooo! I also made an awesome dinner last night. This weekend I am going to the beach with the in-laws, this is the true test, they like to eat and drink...a lot. I will say no I will say no!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #12  

Hi Everyone! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! We are in the process of buying a new car, getting my daughter ready for pre-school (daycare) for the first time and getting back to work full-full time. I am pretty stressed out about it. I'm been emailing dealerships all week, packing, labelling all her stuff, and putting out fires at work. BUT, I haven't even considered going off plan, so that is good news!

Congrats to everyone who weighs in today!
Old 08-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayb View Post
Yesterday, I brought home a Diet Dr. Peper to surprise my girlfriend. Not a big deal, but she LOVES them and I have stopped drinking them since being on IP, so it was kind of out of my way to stop and get her something on the way home. I was trying to carry too many things on the way up my stairs, and needless to say dropped the 32 ounce drink all over my floor. I was not happy. In fact, a slew of cuss words came out and I slammed the door going into my bedroom. I was shaking and just felt SO MAD! I am under a lot of stress, working full time and trying to open my own business with three other business partners, including my girlfriend. So I know I was due for a flip out. But I think my reaction was excessive and thought about it maybe being a side effect of the diet? Has anyone else experienced a flip out like this?
I don't know whether it's a side effect or not. It does sound like you're under a lot of stress and you were trying to do something really sweet and got mad at yourself for "messing it up" in your mind. I think there's a part of us that puts so much pressure on ourselves, and maybe even more so when we're on a diet, any diet, to do good and when we don't, we are extra hard on ourselves. I say, pat yourself on the back for being such a thoughtful boyfriend, despite the mishap.

Morning everybody! I go for a WI today after lunch. I woke up late so I won't be eating before I go so that should be good I don't know how I feel about the WI today, I stepped on the scale this morning (I try not to do that too often) and it looks to be down but we'll see.

Haven't done much the past couple of days - lots of plans to organize things but it just hasn't worked out that way, oh well, another week of holidays yet. My son starts a hockey camp next week so he needs to try on his equipment from last season and see how much it's going to cost me this year <sigh>.

Happy Friday all!

Jo
Old 08-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 248.2/ticker/150

Height: 5'5""

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
I say, pat yourself on the back for being such a thoughtful boyfriend, despite the mishap.
Thanks for the kind words. We are both girls. I was being a thoughtful girlfriend. haha
Old 08-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post
Hi Everyone! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! We are in the process of buying a new car, getting my daughter ready for pre-school (daycare) for the first time and getting back to work full-full time. I am pretty stressed out about it. I'm been emailing dealerships all week, packing, labelling all her stuff, and putting out fires at work. BUT, I haven't even considered going off plan, so that is good news!

Congrats to everyone who weighs in today!
Oh, I remember those days - heading back to work and sending a little one to daycare for the first time. It's tough. Just remember, she'll probably love every minute while she's at pre-school and live for the look on her face and the hugs you get when you pick her up. That's what made it all worth it for me. Aw, now I'm getting all misty eyed and it's been over 10 years

Jo (and woohoo, I got my siggy today!!!)
Closed Thread