Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #31  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Thanks ktgrrl!
Sorry your allergies are a pain. Mine have been so much worse since I moved here - at least that's what I think it is. There doesn't seem to be a "season" so much as a continuous bad to worse to bad roll. I take zyrtec every day, all year. and I still have bouts of it. Hoping one day I can do away with the meds without having to move!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Yeah, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, or missing something. So, I've gotten out a little notebook, and cracking down on food planning and measuring. I think it's the only way to make sure I stay on track. Also, getting a new scale . But that's because ours keeps giving us different readings. One time it will say one number, the next time (seconds later) it'll have a completely different number. This scale is old, and has been dropped many many times. So, new scale, cracking down on being accountable, and keeping my head up. The only place to go is down (in pounds!! )!!
In the stickies there is a food journal sheet. I might have even put the link in the first post of the daily. I'm on my phone or I'd link for you
Old 08-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 253/217/150

Height: 5'7

Hey y'all

I had WI #8 on Wednesday - lost 6 lbs for a total loss of 30 lbs!

The only thing I noticed this week is basically I don't want to eat anything. Just not interested.

Which I guess is good b/c I'm out of money anyways. Ok have a great weekend!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 163/153/134

Height: 5'2"

Hi!
I am new here and on my second wwek on IP.
I am feeling pretty god although I didnt loose any weight the first week, I have my weight in next Suhnday...well se how things go.
I avent cheatd in these 2 weeks !!!
That is amazing!
I will come here often to look for inspiration and to say hi and share my stories.

Thanks ! and happy to be here
Old 08-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #35  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Ktgrrl - I know you've been having a tough time and both of you are up on the scale this week. Just remember sometimes going off plan can take a week or so to catch up with you. It takes time for the food we ingest to be stored as fat. See my wk 13/14 below as an example - I had one serving of mac and cheese on the 07/04, weighed on the 07/09 and was down 1.4lbs. But going off plan didn't really show until the next week. I weighed on 07/16 and was only down .4lbs after being on plan all week.

Losing so little was demoralizing and emotionally painful, but I just told myself to stay on plan and keep going. Good thing I did because I'm down 14.2 in 5 weigh-ins since then.

You can do this Ktgrrl, just stick with it!

Last edited by nalaroo; 08-23-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #36  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Whoo hoo! Day 5 on the restart and FINALLY getting some energy back! Not enough to go to the grocery store by myself, haul in the groceries and put them away... so waiting for hubby to come home. Shopping for 6 people is not a light trip!

Anyway, can't wait till weigh in on Monday! AND we are getting a new scale tonight! Went with the one that syncs with our Fitbits!

Oh and I got my gadget that spirals veggies in the mail today! YAY!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #37  

Height: 5'4"

Just back from WI and down another pound and 2.5 inches - woohoo! (I refuse to say "only" a pound - a loss is a loss to me)

And I have 3 of the new cookie dough swirl bars - trying one tonight! And of course, another 4 packets of potato puree for breadsticks, yum!

Jo
Old 08-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

I have a NSV to report. This morning I dug in my closet and found a pair of jeans that I have not been able to wear since 2009/2010. I started the diet as a very tight and uncomfortable size 18 and this morning I zipped up a very comfortable size 14 without having to lie on the bed to zip them up. My husband took one look at me in my very hot pants and immediately came over to give me a thorough inspection. Needless to say, I felt sexy this morning. What a great plan!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Default What???

What the heck is the Bic C???? I keep seeing it on here! I know what TOM is but not big C!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #40  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
OH, yes indeed, this can be a side effect of the diet! Here is how it was explained to me: If you are a female, certain hormones are stored in the fat cells of the body. When you go into ketosis and start rapidly purging fat from the fat cells, those hormones go right along with it. Resulting in what I think of as a "toxic dump" of hormones into your body. I was an emotional mess the entire time on IP, but the week before and during TOM was even worst. SO bad, in fact, that I wrote 'HORMONAL" in 6 inch tall SCREAMING RED LETTERS across a message board in our kitchen to serve as a warning to those living with me. And I apologized often and profusely for my out of proportion behavior. If you do a search on "IP and Hormones" you will probably find lots of info. and reassurance in the archives. I have a feeling your reaction was more than just from being hungry. It seems the hormones hit some worst than others, and it always is worst in the beginning. I know the thread topic has come up a few times since I've been here.
Me too! I have an IUD and I don't have periods really. But on IP (especially the first one) it's very heavy, lots of cramps, and major grumps/cravings! It's just terrible. But it's worth it to be burning up the fat! I read the same info, that we store estrogen in our fat cells and all these symptoms are due to them being released back into our system.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #41  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
What the heck is the Bic C???? I keep seeing it on here! I know what TOM is but not big C!
Constipation!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #42  
Started IP 04/13/2013

S/C/G: 202.4/154/151

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
Constipation. Almost all of us battle it at some point on this plan. I just got through a bout of it myself after 17 weeks of no issues.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 221/209/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi All, I'm on day 11 of being OP and yesterday was the absolute worst day I've had. I started the day really happy and excited because I was going to make a Chai Latte with tea and the powder Vanilla Drink. Unfortunately I didn't think to mix the powder with water and then add to the Chai tea, I just added the powder straight to the tea and it turned into gross mushy lumps. So I was already at work at this point with nothing else to eat so I did my best to strain it and drink it (It was disgusting!). Went home at lunch ate my salad and drink, felt a little better. Came back to work in the afternoon and at about 1:30pm got the worst headache and hiccups at the same time. This is about the 4th time in the last couple weeks I've gotten hiccups like this so I don't know what that's about. I drank two cups of water with salt over an hour, no change, took two motrin and still no change. I went home and downed an Espresso and felt a lot better. SO I'm thinking I need to find a way to wean my way off of caffeine because I was basically crying at work yesterday afternoon and it's not a good look for a receptionist! Any suggestions??!!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydergirl1 View Post
Constipation. Almost all of us battle it at some point on this plan. I just got through a bout of it myself after 17 weeks of no issues.
Great, something to look forward to!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #45  

TGIF everyone!! I am new to the IP diet and I have just completed my first week weigh-in: wk1: -6lbs. I am just struggling to get 4 cups of veggies down a day. I've been reading all of the recipes and I am going to try some new things with them to see if that may help. RAW veggies just really upset my stomach and are hard for me to choke down. I have been managing but finding that I only really like about 3-4 veggies. It seems like this is the toughest part of this diet for me. Anyone else not huge veggie fan struggling or have struggled with this.
Closed Thread