Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #16  
Started IP 04/13/2013

S/C/G: 202.4/154/151

Height: 5'7

Good morning! I am excited that I am starting to lose again. I have been kinda stalled for the past couple of weeks. I have battled the Big C and TOM and wasn't really losing. I am back at it again. The number on the scale this morning was 6 lbs from my goal!!

I'm having a good day and just waiting for 11:30 AM so I can eat lunch. I am so ready to eat my Orange Chocolate wafer. I absolutely LOVE those things! They are the only IP product that I simply cannot wait to eat!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
I have a question about the spinach shakes...

I blended one up the other day with my chocolate drink mix cuz I heard all the raves. I did not like it all. Not because of the taste, but because of the texture. There was spinach pieces floating at the top of the shake and each time I took a sip, it felt like I was chewing little leaves. Which made me gag. Is there a secret way to blend this (for some reason, I had it in my head that this was going to be like a smoothie with everything liquidified).
I blend the spinach/water/oil first and wait until it's all smooth because I can't stand chunks or pieces of anything. Then I wait a little bit so the foam goes down (I heard a vitamix mixed on low produces less foam, but my bullet is doing it's job so far I don't want to spend $700), once the foam is down a little, then I mix the chocolate powder. No issues...
Old 08-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #18  

Height: 5'-8"

WOW, this blueberry Pom thing is News to me. I use this as a protein EVERY DAY as 1 of my 3 per day. Does anyone have any links on this so I can educate myself further? I know this is something I will be looking into when I get home.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning IPeeps!

Weigh-in #6 and down another 3.2! Which means I reached my first mini-goal! Now I need to figure out what my next one will be!!

Hope everyone has a great day. I will check back in this evening after work!!
Congratulations on reaching your mini-goal!!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #20  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Morning ya'll just back from my weigh in. Down 2.5 lbs and 3 inches in my waist!!! Who hoo.

Tonight is going to be a true test. I'm hosting a dinner at work that is centered around a vineyard. No worry about the wine, I can handle not drinking it's the food I'm worried about. I have no control over the menu. Taking an extra packet to eat before hand so then I can pick at the other. .

See ya'll later!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #21  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
I am so happy to have been a part of this incredible site! This is what I considered my true coach. I stayed with my real coach for the accountability, but you guys are the ones who have coached me!

I will be moving into phase 3 and on into pregnancy!!!! I've been waiting for this for so long! We have been trying for 5 years. After two years we got pregnant, but I miscarried. It's been 3 years now and I'm so scared to miscarry again I am afraid to be excited. Keeping it to immediate family and my friends who are family to me right now, and you guys!

I will still be checking in and will be back on IP at some point.
Congratulations! We haven't spoken before but I am so happy for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning I Peeps!
Well, it's time for me to start a reboot - and to be accountable for it.
Sadly I'm up 18 lbs from my all-time low. Although I'm disappointed about it, I know that IP works and I know what I did (or should I say didn't do) to gain.
I've missed the inspiration, support and tips found daily here - so I plan to check in frequently!
Wishing everyone a great OP day!
Welcome back, let's do this thing!!! It's normal to gain weight over time, the difference is what you do with it!

Quote:
I hope this works!

Before pic and 6 weeks OP! Have I mentioned that I LOVE IP?!
WOW! You look great!! Way to go girl!!

Quote:

I blended one up the other day with my chocolate drink mix cuz I heard all the raves. I did not like it all. Not because of the taste, but because of the texture. There was spinach pieces floating at the top of the shake and each time I took a sip, it felt like I was chewing little leaves. Which made me gag. Is there a secret way to blend this (for some reason, I had it in my head that this was going to be like a smoothie with everything liquidified).
I don't usually have very big flakes, they are definitely visible. Try using a straw! The liquidy parts usually sink to the bottom in mine, I mix it up every now and then using my straw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Congrats!!!! That's awesome!!

I've got to get my brave up and do some before/after pics, especially after seeing some of these awesome results! I think it will really help solidify what I'm doing and how it's working!!
Yes, get on it! The pics will make you feel so proud of yourself

Good morning everyone! Hope you are all having a great day! TM has me very grumpy and craving, and IP makes it so much more intense than normal I tried Lisa's potato puree rolls, and they are GREAT! Thank you Lisa! I am really surprised they are unrestricted. I also tried freezing a strawberry EAS to help with ice cream cravings... no dice. Will have to blend with ice instead.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 262/226/160

Height: 5ft2

Wi 6 down 2lbs!! I was prepared for zero so I was pleased with a little movement!!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 173/155/143

Height: 5'6

Yesterday at work, we gathered with out-of-state staffers to do some tours of local businesses. One of the tours was an artisan cheese factory. They let us sample all of their cheeses. I have lost 23 pounds since the 4th of July and I have pretty much stayed OP throughout that time. But last week my coach encouraged me to move to the alternative plan so I could exercise more. I loved exercising and I loved having some dairy and fruit in my diet. But knowing I was not in ketosis made it so much easier to justify cheating at the cheese factory! And honestly - it would have been so conspicuous to pass up the cheese! (For the record - it was AMAZING!) I'll bet I ate 8 oz. of cheese.

So - today I'm back to Phase I. Time to buckle down and fight my way back into ketosis.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #24  

Height: 6'

So today is day 2 of my mini phase off for vacation. The breakfasts are huge! LOL. Almost too much to eat since I have been having a shake and banana almost everyday for 5 months. (alternative plan) I debated not phasing out and staying on Ph1 until I left for France next thursday but decided against it. It's difficult to wrap my brain around eating more food for breakfast and it's scary to think that my losses will be nil for a few weeks. It's so amazing to me that I have incorporated this way of eating into my lifestyle after fighting weight issues for most of my life. I'm going to stick to my mini phase off and then back to phase 1 with gusto when the plane touches the ground on my return trip.

Last edited by tallgirl231; 08-22-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #25  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
Thanks! Sorry for your losses. I too had a miscarriage about 3 years ago. I'm just getting over that one. I am scared to be excited right now, but will take one day at a time. I am being monitored more closely this time though. Good luck to you and I will pray for you to join me! (Don't want to offend, buy I'm a person who will pray for anyone at any time! I hope this is ok with you.)
Congrats to you!!! Good luck and fingers and toes crossed for a healthy pregnancy!

Quote:
I hope this works!

Before pic and 6 weeks OP! Have I mentioned that I LOVE IP?!
Susie is shrinking! Looking fabulous girl!

Good morning all! Had a bad sleep last night so I actually woke up later than my son this morning Had a food dream/nightmare last night - I was at a parents' meeting at the school and absently grabbed a piece of chocolate cake and took a big bite than screamed "I can't eat this!" and ran around looking for a place to spit it out and water to rinse it out! Crazy

My son (11) wants to learn how to cook a bit so this morning we're starting with pancakes - the boxed type that just need water. I think I'll make the crispy cereal pancakes so we'll both have some this morning.

Happy Thursday!

Jo
Old 08-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello IPeeps,

4 weeks post-op rotator cuff surgery,had first PT the day before yesterday. OUCH! lol. Doing well. My weight has been up since my official WI on monday, not sure why but we will see what this monday brings.

Someone mentioned a VitaMix, I have a 20 year old one that still is fantastic and there is no spinach residue. I am shipping it to my daughter in California, as I bought a new one on QVC (Today's Special Value). I paid less for my new one than I did 20 years ago and it has a 2.5 HP motor vs the old 2.0 HP motor. Hubby says "Geez you could mow the lawn with that!" I think they are well worth the money, my daughter has burned up 3 regular blenders in 4 years and the Vitamix, she can put the whole fruit in, skin, seeds and no waste, plus it makes the perfect smoothie, no ice chunks, spinach debrie, etc.
Congrats to all Victories!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Default Low-Carb/Ketosis "Flu?"

Hi all!

I haven't had any bad flu-like symptoms in the past, and am on week 3-ish of eating this way. Today, my allergies kicked up really badly and I'm wondering if this is somehow related to ketosis and stuff? I'm in touch with my Dr. and she's suggesting another allergy medicine, but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Other than the sneezing/sniffling/grossness I've got going on, I feel pretty great! Still waiting on the big energy boost everyone talks about, but I'm hoping it will kick in next week, as I'm completely committed to being 100% OP!! Even being sick isn't going to derail me.

Hope everyone else is have a good day!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #28  

Quote:

I blend the spinach & liquid first until well blended & then add the ice & blend again.
LizRR, who introduced it to me said she did it in her blender for at least a full minute on high. I have a vitamix so it whips up in no time. I also prefer the pudding mixes. I like the texture better than just using a drink mix.
Just whir that spinach in the blender until it is LIQUIFIED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
WOW, this blueberry Pom thing is News to me. I use this as a protein EVERY DAY as 1 of my 3 per day. Does anyone have any links on this so I can educate myself further? I know this is something I will be looking into when I get home.
It is common knowledge among well-trained coaches. Mine noticed it immediately in my food journal on my 2nd visit (first time reviewing my journal) and had me make the adjustment. Most folks who have been here any length of time (& active participants) know it too.
Unfortunately IP doesn't post educational links such as this.
Here is an IP video about collagen
http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/1618
Look at the comments below the video.
Especially #2 (from the admin). "you can use the collagen-rich products in place of the regular packets as often as every other day"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
I tried Lisa's potato puree rolls, and they are GREAT! Thank you Lisa! I am really surprised they are unrestricted. I also tried freezing a strawberry EAS to help with ice cream cravings... no dice. Will have to blend with ice instead.
I love the zucchini/potato rolls. Since I try for savory, rather than sweet and restrict soy protein, the potato rolls have become a lifesaver!

The EAS does freeze but you can't let it freeze solid (same with an IP RTD). Just pour it into a different container (like the bowl you'll eat it from), and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours. You might want to check it occasionally & stir it until you get the soft-serve consistency...one of those tiny ice cream makers would work too, but this works....its just not a put & forget kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl231 View Post
I debated not phasing out and staying on Ph1 until I left for France next thursday but decided against it. It's difficult to wrap my brain around eating more food for breakfast and it's scary to think that my losses will be nil for a few weeks. It's so amazing to me that I have incorporated this way of eating into my lifestyle after fighting weight issues for most of my life. I'm going to stick to my mini phase off and then back to phase 1 with gusto when the plane touches the ground on my return trip.
I would have phased off for a trip like that, as well. Too many variables you just cannot control for. I've done lots of domestic vacations & stayed OP but leaving the country is a whole different animal.

Accept that this is "maintenance practice". Instead of being scared, re-frame and start calling it maintenance practice. Consider it a mental and physical break from the super-restrictive diet but don't consider yourself off-plan. Consider it a challenge to maintain! We have to learn about that too. It isn't too early to start learning. It IS possible to have a vacation without a weight gain. Can you do it?

You don't have to accept this challenge but I thought it might help get you out of the fear you expressed.

I phased off for 6 weeks over the summer for health reasons, although I hadn't reached goal. I picked a "drop dead" date when I was returning to P1. I like your "wheels down" visual. I didn't gain weight and didn't weigh myself until I'd been home and back OP for a week. Maintenance was a success! As has been my return to weight loss.

We CAN do this!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Morning folks. Jumped on the old scale today and it showed a loss of another 3 pounds. Quite happy with that seeing as how for the last week I wasn't getting all my water in - too many outside jobs and commitments away from home that couldn't be avoided any longer. However, 2 days of water guzzling has helped restore order - and no that's not a constipation reference - referring to my hydration levels.

Work is going to be starting for me next week so wifey and I had to go into the city on a clothes shopping spree as I had absolutely no clothes. I've shrunk out of everything both work and casual clothing alike.

Let's put it this way a real hurting was put on the savings account. Thankfully Team Visa was happy to fill in the void for me. Can't wait for payday though so I can then tell Team Visa to shove it.

Another NSV during this money hemorrhaging spree - also known as clothes shopping - was that I discovered that I am down another size. I started this process at a size 3xl - fast approaching a 4xl on certain styles of shirts. I discovered that I am indeed a size large. Well to be specific I am a size large tall. When you are 6'4" you have to either buy tall sizes or try to go the next size up to compensate for the length. When you do that the shirt then takes on a "tenty" appearance and I end up feeling and looking like Homer Simpson in a muumuu.

Okay maybe not that bad but due to body dysmorphia it sure feels that way.

Only other thing o report is that the wife unit has been baking up a storm for the last 2 nights - preparing baked goods for her brother and his family for the upcoming harvest season. The muffins, butter tarts, jam-jams, cookies have been over flowing all available freezer space and filling the house with the lingering smell of baking.

Thank goodness these were never any of trigger foods. Fresh baked bread on the hand would have my knees quivering.

In fact after several hours the baking smells became sickly - just far too sweet smelling - if that makes sense? Oh well tonight will be the real challenge she is making homemade buns and bread.

Well that's it for me this week. Congrats to those who've lost - and stay strong for those who need it.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi All!
I am on day 4, so far so good. I had a terrible headache on Day 2 in the evening and ended up going to bed at 8:30 (eeek) but I am feeling a little better. I doesnt help that TOM is starting Saturday so my body is all thrown off. I went to the Dr. yesterday (the same one I am doing IP with) and we are doing a full panel on my thyroid as well because he is fairly convinced I have Hypothyroid. It would be nice to know for sure as I have thought so a long time! So on Monday I am going to pick up my first set of food that I choose (the first week was a set of samples that I did not pick). Any recommendations? Any favorites? I am def getting the potato puree as I did not get it in my sample. Any others?

Last edited by lilkel244; 08-22-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Closed Thread