Taking a Week off and the results

• Has anyone taken a weeks vacation, started eating regular foods and then having resulting low back pain? I assume its my kidneys. Any suggestions or information would be appreciated.
  • No, when I went on a 2 week vacation I phased off gradually because I know people can have problems just dropping right off the program.
  • I did not abruptly change, I followed the plan and phased off (for health reasons, not for a vacation), and had no problems, other than a GERD recurrence.
  • Okay, good to know. I have some foods with me so ill just keep phasing. What's funny is it wasn't bad from the way I saw it - gluten free bean burrito for lunch and sushi for dinner. But then I couldn't sleep half way through the night due to back pain. But what is normal healthy food seemed to be hard to deal with. It's pretty funny thinking: "I can't do this, I need my diet food". Haha
  • I went off rather abruptly (unplanned and unexpected) for about 6 days. I did have one night with lower back pain, but it was nothing too terrible. After 6 days, I weighed myself and was up 8 lbs!!!! But dropped those 8 within 3 days. As a bonus, the weight for the next 5 days dropped much more quickly than it had been. I lost an additional 4 lbs. I typically lose 2 lbs a week, so I'm just about where I would have been, if not slightly ahead. I don't necessarily advocate doing what I did. I'm sure it is not good to shock the system like that. And, to be honest, I was an emotional wreck when I saw the 8 lb jump.

The better plan would have been to stay "close" to plan if I couldn't stick to it 100%.