3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 8/21/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/286548-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-8-21-2013-a.html)

Prairie Chicken 08-21-2013 03:34 PM

ktgrrl, having a Nectar Chocolate Truffle (on the rocks) right now; pretty tasty. They mix well. Kind of "thin" and water-like. I have never had a true IP product before so can not compare to them. They mix easier than Proti-Diet products which seem to leave a filmy foam at waterline. I have not tried them in a shaker or blender.

ccm263 08-21-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 (Post 4822013)
Day two on IP. Feeling a little shaky and foggy but otherwise pretty ok. Just wanted to check in and say thank you for all the support I have gotten here! What can I expect of day 3??

I am on my 9th day, I had a similar experience my first two days. Day three I found to be a really good day. On day one and two I didn't put enough thought into my supper and lunch so it was bland and boring. Day 3 I made a really good stir fry with ground chicken and ate it in lettuce leaves and felt like I'd had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. It was also the last day I had a headache and it was gone by 11 am so I was happy about that.

Kellimomo3 08-21-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccm263 (Post 4822025)
I am on my 9th day, I had a similar experience my first two days. Day three I found to be a really good day. On day one and two I didn't put enough thought into my supper and lunch so it was bland and boring. Day 3 I made a really good stir fry with ground chicken and ate it in lettuce leaves and felt like I'd had dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. It was also the last day I had a headache and it was gone by 11 am so I was happy about that.

SO good to hear and your stir fry sounds delicious!!! What kind of sauce or seasoning did you use in your lettuce wraps?

amberjules 08-21-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theEguarantee (Post 4821821)
Today is day 100 for me on IP. And I've lost 46.2lbs. that's .46lb a day!! I cant testify enough how incredible this plan is!! And what's best, is this is just the beginning!! Healthy life, here I come!!

Congrats!!! It takes so much courage to keep going and reaching your goal!

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinsmonmmy (Post 4821859)
I am starting phase 4 Sunday and was wondering if anyone knows if the quest bars would be ok to use as my snack, i was going to continue buying the IP ones that I love but was thinking this would be a much cheaper snack?

Quest bars are great! I use them all the time as a restricted food. I love the chocolate brownie bar and apple pie. YUM. Heat for about 10 seconds. So so so good.

nolasmurf 08-21-2013 03:57 PM

Sparkling Ice

Hi all! Having a nice relaxing day off work.
Do you all count the sparkling ice drinks to your water for the day ?

Having the strawberry lemonade now, it's pretty good;)

KryssyBee 08-21-2013 04:00 PM

:cry: Getting a little discouraged. My clinic was supposed to get an order on Monday, then it was pushed to Tuesday, then today they said it was cancelled and they had to re-order. They hardly having anything left on their shelves and I don't like what is left. I'm going away on vacation on Monday and wanted to stock up but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. I only have enough IP packets to get me to Friday morning beakfast...

Just sad

KryssyBee 08-21-2013 04:13 PM

Gonna try and do it on my own. I used to think being accountable to a clinic would keep me accountable, but I'm better to keep myself accountable and go the route of doing this on my own!

Anyone know of someone who will ship IP products in Canada? I still have to get my products somehow!

Thanks

ktgrrl 08-21-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4822054)
Hi all! Having a nice relaxing day off work.
Do you all count the sparkling ice drinks to your water for the day ?

Having the strawberry lemonade now, it's pretty good;)

I don't count mine, but I tend to drink more than the recommended amount of water (at least 3 20 oz tumblers at work, and more at home). I'm sure you could count it since it's a 0/0/0 product, but some people have mentioned bloating after having fizzy drinks, and I found myself not feeling too well over the weekend after having some seltzer. So, keep that in mind. But yup! So YUMMY!!!! :)

tightwad 08-21-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KryssyBee (Post 4822068)
Gonna try and do it on my own. I used to think being accountable to a clinic would keep me accountable, but I'm better to keep myself accountable and go the route of doing this on my own!

Anyone know of someone who will ship IP products in Canada? I still have to get my products somehow!

Thanks

Check out the alternatives threads...plenty of options to either tide you over or allow you to go rogue...

ccm263 08-21-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 (Post 4822037)
SO good to hear and your stir fry sounds delicious!!! What kind of sauce or seasoning did you use in your lettuce wraps?

I mixed up some of the Walden Farms Peanut Spread, soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, ginger and a tiny bit of olive oil. It was a bit thick so I put some water in as well. I really enjoyed it, i chopped all of my vegetables really small so nothing broke through the lettuce.

Art3mis 08-21-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimnd113 (Post 4821840)
Today I am weaning myself from the sweet packets. I have been having a terrible time with hunger, even with extra eggs or tuna and believe the sucralose might be a trigger for this. So, omelets, chicken soup and cheese curls for the next week.

Yah i'm with you and Lisa on this. TBH i've been trying to avoid too many of the sweet packets since i started IP. I use the drink mixes, as my fruit replacement...but im not trying to figure out a way to replace my "sweets" ...i'm trying to learn how to not want or need them.....i've tried two bars in the whole time i've been on IP and found i was left very unsatisfied with them.

Good luck with next week....i'm certain you wont miss the sweets at all.

twinsmonmmy 08-21-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amberjules (Post 4822042)
Quest bars are great! I use them all the time as a restricted food. I love the chocolate brownie bar and apple pie. YUM. Heat for about 10 seconds. So so so good.

Thanks for the tip I will have to make sure to try that!

thecircleguru 08-21-2013 04:47 PM

Day 19 on IP. Feeling awesome this week! For those new to IP, I had a pretty rough 3-4 days at the very start but just kept OP and drink extra water - that helped me!

Had Week #3 WI this afternoon. According to the clinic's scale I am -13 lbs! I like my home scale better, it says I'm -15.2 lbs (ie: no clothes! LOL!)! I am SO happy that I took the journey of IP. I'm not feeling tired, my blood sugars are normal and steady, I feel incredible compared to even 3 weeks ago. Can't wait to show my Mom my weight loss in a few weeks.

caressme 08-21-2013 05:00 PM

tried the rutabaga fries last night and oh wow! what a treat!! sooo yummy! also did baked broccoli also yummy! Love what I'm learning about myself and through this blog - thanks to everyone for transparency!

Lj14 08-21-2013 05:16 PM

In the middle of Day 6 here and all is well. No problem with the plan at all as it seems like a boatload of food to chose from....but...I'm not sleeping well at all. I tend to have some restless leg issues and do all the organic things recommended. However, thanks to this site I searched 'restless leg' and found a discussion a year ago that just might help me. I haven't been measuring my Ideal Salt - just winging it at each meal. Just now I measured a 1/4 t just to see how much it was and good grief...it's way more than I normally use. Could that be causing the issues with my legs at night? I'm 100 percent with the IP vit routine so is it possible that not consuming the proper amount of sodium is the culprit? Shazam - we will see when I crawl into that torture chamber contraption called a bed and try to catch a couple of ZZZZZsssss tonight. Thanks all for your wealth of information!