Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #76  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post

I used to do weekend juicing detoxes....for kale you can only use the leafy part in a drink, not the full stock or you will find yourself with chewy bits (unless you use a masticating juicer first then add it to your smoothie).

I searched for the exact same website/phone app for hours and came up empty handed..if you find something lmk !! good luck with the BBQ tomorrow.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have all this leftover kale now I know I can still have it for lunch
Old 08-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #77  

@JenJen np stay strong.!

@COgrrlll anytime ...and now you wont really notice the kale in your drink either.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hmm..where do you buy yours?
It is still listed on the muscle milk website.
Sams Club & WalMart and they both told me that they weren't making it, so I checked Vitamin World & GNC, they had none, but thought that it just didn't get shipped... curious...

JenJen _ you did NO harm at all, Breathe.... you are fine
Old 08-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

oH, I bought myself an early Christmas gift from QVC! I bought a new VitaMix, mine is 20 years old and works fine, but my daughter has always loved the Vitamix ( you can put whole veggies and fruits, seeds and all in) I am passing my old one to her and she is thrilled. What caught my eye, besides the price that was less than I paid 20 years ago is that the Q got some exclusive colors. whoot, whoot....I got the turquoise,,, Little things can really excite a recovering patient who isn;t driving yet! Hubby can't wait until I can drive, the Q bill is getting up there. lol

Last edited by Bellamack; 08-20-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

You can get all the flavors of muscle milk light in the powder form at least at bodybuilding.com my husband has ordered from them often and likes them a lot. Plus they have great workout plans for later! They're pretty hard core for now though.

The talk of Muscle Milk light has me all excited! I just wish there was a way to try just a sample of each before committing to a whole jug. I'm bored with the EAS.

I'd love to have a VitaMix! I have a Ninja which is about as close as I can currently afford but it's a million times better than my last blender.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #81  

Please let us if it lives up to the VitaMix name i was watching QVC the other day and almost broke down and bought one lol.....im with April tho...just using my Ninja..it seems to do okay...
Old 08-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
You can get all the flavors of muscle milk light in the powder form at least at bodybuilding.com my husband has ordered from them often and likes them a lot. Plus they have great workout plans for later! They're pretty hard core for now though.

The talk of Muscle Milk light has me all excited! I just wish there was a way to try just a sample of each before committing to a whole jug. I'm bored with the EAS.

I'd love to have a VitaMix! I have a Ninja which is about as close as I can currently afford but it's a million times better than my last blender.
We have a vitamix. It is awesome. I LOVE it. I make my own flour, baby food, use it for canning, freezing, tons of stuff. They are super-expensive, but worth it.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #83  

Quote:
Please let us if it lives up to the VitaMix name i was watching QVC the other day and almost broke down and bought one lol.....im with April tho...just using my Ninja..it seems to do okay...
I bought my Vitamix about 3 years ago from QVC.
I LOVE it!!! Mine is boring-old black & stainless.
I lusted after a Vitamix for at least 25 years.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I bought my Vitamix about 3 years ago from QVC.
I LOVE it!!! Mine is boring-old black & stainless.
I lusted after a Vitamix for at least 25 years.
Well i guess i know what santa will hopefully bring me this year then .i wondered about the quality of the the QVC version but if its held up for 3 years ...then that's good enough for me
Old 08-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #85  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Well i guess i know what santa will hopefully bring me this year then .i wondered about the quality of the the QVC version but if its held up for 3 years ...then that's good enough for me
The QVC Vita-mixes have the same motors as the regular retail ones. Sometimes there are good deals at Costco roadshows and refurbished on the Vita-mix website. Mine is making cauliflower soup as we speak!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

I had my third weigh in today, I am proud to say that I am down 3.8 lbs. I am thrilled.

To everyone with scale and ns victories congrats, and keep up the good work.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #87  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hi all, I'm a newbie on day 5 of IP. I'm finally beginning to feel more like myself - headaches and fatigue have gone! I am beginning to stress about my first weigh-in though.

I am inspired to read about all of your successes and how the program is working for you, but can't stop the niggling fear in my own head that it won't work for me, after so many other attempts to lose weight have failed! In the past I have always been a slow loser, so I don't know if I'll hit the 3-7 pound per week mark, even though it would be great if I did. I've been completely OP for these 5 days and am committed to seeing it through.

I would appreciate any tips from others who experienced similar anxieties at the beginning and how you dealt with it. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #88  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Costco has muscle milk lite, I bought some last week.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #89  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post
Hi all, I'm a newbie on day 5 of IP. I'm finally beginning to feel more like myself - headaches and fatigue have gone! I am beginning to stress about my first weigh-in though.

I am inspired to read about all of your successes and how the program is working for you, but can't stop the niggling fear in my own head that it won't work for me, after so many other attempts to lose weight have failed! In the past I have always been a slow loser, so I don't know if I'll hit the 3-7 pound per week mark, even though it would be great if I did. I've been completely OP for these 5 days and am committed to seeing it through.

I would appreciate any tips from others who experienced similar anxieties at the beginning and how you dealt with it. Thanks!

3-7 lbs is not always the norm. Any loss is great. I average about 2.8. I felt down about that average for awhile until I got a wake up call on this forum. I got rid of 2.8 lbs in a week!!!! It's gone. Now add up those smaller losses and its a celebration!

Don't find excuses to fail. Keep positive and congrats on 5 no cheat days! It's an accomplishment!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Oh my goodness - LittleStar, I just had the potato purée flatbread breadsticks for lunch and they were ah-mazing!!! I only have 1 packet left but I am definitely getting more! They would be so great at work with either soup or salad.

Just had to let you know you have totally made my day/week!!!

Jo
I'm so happy you liked it!! I've gone through a whole box of potato puree in 2 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Great blog!
Thanks! I put a few updates today, including the zucchini muffins and golden goddess soup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
I stepped on my scale this morning, and I was pleased to say that unofficially, am now half the woman I was when I started my journey . I still haven few days to go for my official WI, and yesterday was a sick day, so that throws things off a bit, but still, it was a nice feeling.
Wow, that's incredible. Congratulations to you, you must feel like a new person!
Closed Thread