poll: how often do you weigh yourself?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I am trying to decide when I officially start IP or Thursday if I should weigh myself daily, or have someone hide the scale and just get weighed in at my weekly meeting with my coach? Just curious what works for everyone else.. I know we are all different..
  • I'm a crazy weigher. I weigh at least 2-4 times a day. I think it's fascinating to see how it changes throughout the day. It can change as much as 5-6 pounds over the day. This works for me, but my mood isn't tied to the scale. I know of many people that seeing a gain on the scale leads to bad moods, disappointment, and even cheating. I think it all depends on you personally. Weight fluctuates, that's just how it is. If you can't handle seeing gains every now and then, then just weigh in once a week. However, if it doesn't bother you weigh away.
  • I am a several times a day weigher and not sure why - habit probably more than anything because I NEVER TAKE IT TO HEART
    maybe i just like seeing lower numbers lol
    My weight fluxuates 1-4 pounds over the course of the day as well as one day to the next - the only one that counts for me is at the clinic - and even their scale is never the same as mine
  • I weigh in 2 times a day...sometimes on Saturdays I like to weigh in after working outside because the low number in encouraging. My night number in almost always 2lb higher than my next morning number.

I find that with my personality daily weighing keeps me accountable and I am able to address weight gain as it happens. Of course while 100% on plan I am not as concerned.
  • I weigh myself 2 to 3 times each day. I do not get freaked out if the scale goes up a few pounds. Currently, I wake up weighing 166lbs and my weight goes up 2 lbs during the day. By evening time, my weight is usually down to 167 if not back to 166.

I've lost 14lbs since July and, much to my coach's dismay, I've weighed myself every day. I would fall off the weight loss wagon if I didn't know how much I weighed each day. Weighing myself each day makes me feel accountable.
  • If you are drinking 100 oz of water a day ... that's SEVEN POUNDS of water ... it's no wonder your weight fluctuates so much

I wiegh myself once a day ... in the morning ... as soon as I get up ... that way I am doing it at a consistent time each day and is probably when I am the most dehydrated ... plus it gives me a good idea on whether I am losing or gaining weight from day to day .

I personally dont like seeing and dont want to know about the temporary water weight gain during the day (which can be MANY pounds!)
  • every single morning. right after ladies room time. naked. and i log it on my phone and on paper. (because, crazy)
  • Every morning...I know it's probably better to only weigh once a week, but I just can't stop myself. I was going to get my hubby to hide the scale, but since I seem to drop almost everyday, it's too much fun seeing the numbers go down.
  • several times a day. the fluxes don't bother me.
  • Every day weigher here...sometimes twice a day. It doesn't affect my mood. I'm just curious! LOL It helped me keep 30lbs off for 4 months...now I'm back to lose another 20ish.
  • Pretty much twice a day. After waking up and before going to bed. I don't get upset abount the numbers, unless of course it was really high lol

Example:
    I like that even in the evening the scale is not going to 210. Now I'm working on not seeing it go past 205 and so on until I reach my goal. It just makes it more concrete that I am losing, especially when 220 was the norm for sooo long.
  • I weight daily as well...i only really take the weight first thing in the am on an empty tummy and bladder as accurate...and really only track my official WI weight.

If you can handle the fact the using the scale may not give you numbers you want all the time...it can be a motivator, if, on the other hand it will emotionally mess with you..i'd say wait till your weekly WI.
  • The wierdest thing happened when I weighed myself last night.. I weighed less than I did in the AM...(And I had just showered so my hair was still wet) normally I weigh myself at the same time every morning, because I usually weigh more at night.. not last night! The wierd thing was that I weighed more this morning... ?!?!? WTH?

Oh well... guess that will learn me to get my hopes up! lol
  • Quote: The wierdest thing happened when I weighed myself last night.. I weighed less than I did in the AM...(And I had just showered so my hair was still wet) normally I weigh myself at the same time every morning, because I usually weigh more at night.. not last night! The wierd thing was that I weighed more this morning... ?!?!? WTH?

Oh well... guess that will learn me to get my hopes up! lol
    had you just evacuated your bowels??
  • I weigh every morning naked and empty LOL. When I don't weigh myself regularly I gain weight every time. Would not be an issue on this diet but I can't break the habit. It is fun to see it go down so often, never looked forward to getting on the scale each morning like I do now.