poll: how often do you weigh yourself?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • The first week I was weighing every day to see how the weight loss was and to make sure it was working. My hubby got kinda frustrated with me coming out of the bathroom every morning at 6 am .... One morning the scale had disappeared ! OMG..I screamed, cried, stomped around .... No just kidding... I actually thanked him because I'd rather see the weekly loss rather than the daily struggles... Today was the beginning of week 6 and my weigh-in day .. 21 ibs and 20 inches lost.... I love this ! No pain no gain ...sorry I'm rambling...lol
  • Reason
    Quote: Can I ask WHY you all weigh multiple times per day?
    What is a logical, rational reason?
    I don't know there is a rational reason other than it is wacky to see the weight fluxuate and keeps one motivated.
  • I am only on week one, but I handed my scale to my 17 year old son and told him to hide it from me for now, because I know I will get discouraged if I fluctuate. I know all the info about water weight and drinking water, etc., but I know how I am, and I don't want to weigh myself at home for a couple of weeks at least.
  • Daily
  • I am leaning towards this, and just getting weighed by my coach.. I am thinking it will give me something to look forward too as well..once a week, so then it's only 6 days in between weigh ins really.
    Quote: I am only on week one, but I handed my scale to my 17 year old son and told him to hide it from me for now, because I know I will get discouraged if I fluctuate. I know all the info about water weight and drinking water, etc., but I know how I am, and I don't want to weigh myself at home for a couple of weeks at least.
  • Once a week, then I take the batteries out and have my husband hide them. otherwise, I would weigh everyday..
  • First 5-6 months: Weekly
    Now 3-5 times/week, to learn about fluctuations for maintenance & to make peace with the scale after avoidance for YEARS.
  • I weigh just about every day, but sometimes miss a day. I just want to know what is going on and be mentally prepared for my "official" weigh-ins. Plus, I can't lie, I am curious!
  • I weigh daily, in the morning. In fact, my scales sits in front of my coffee pot....
  • I weigh every morning. Some days I'm up, some days I'm down. it all seems to even out by the end of the week.
  • Quote: Can I ask WHY you all weigh multiple times per day?
    What is a logical, rational reason?
    I am sorry but my humor is taking over my thinking. You think we humans are rational about anything?

For me I weigh daily, but just once (some days I forget to do it, like this morning.) My history as a teen with anorexia/ bulimia I would weigh many many times a day. After eating or drinking something, after exercising or purging. So now when I see someone say they weigh more than once I always want to ask what they think they are accomplishing, but I try to resist that urge. I do weigh now daily because I also went to the other extreme and avoided the scale and mirrors and pictures/ cameras with a vengeance. I would like to think I have a healthy balance here of knowing where I am without that number on the scale controlling my life.

So I may not be rational either *goofy grin*
  • MntRose: ah, but you are logical!
  • I weigh once a week because I can't stand seeing the fluctuations. Kudos to those who can I guess.
  • I only weigh myself in the mornings before I eat... If I forget to weigh myself before I eat, then I just don't step on the scale until the next day. So, basically it depends on if I remember first thing in the morning. Sometimes it will be 3-4 days between weigh-ins, sometimes I can weigh myself 4 days straight. I dont focus on the number that much.