Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
I am loosing an average after 1st week of 2 lbs at my WI. I know 2 lbs is great but when I see other people loosing so much more, I wonder what I am doing wrong. My husband says I should be happy, I never lost weight before, always found a way to work around the program (WW) I still ate what I wanted to (sweets and carbs) I am so happy to have found this program. I feel so much better. Knees are not hurting and I am walking not wobbling. That must be a NSV.

I want to thank everyone for the great info. I did find the blue label ketchup, I haven't tried it yet. I was thinking of making bar b q sauce with it (found recipe on this sight) DeVinci has sugar free syrup and right now there is no shipping, No cal, sugar, or carbs. I love my coffee and I found if I use the Splenda flavors for coffee, I can drink it black. Hope everyone has a great day.
Rhondamarie..welcome...!!I see we are the same height. Being smaller stature..we are penalized as the number of calories we burn will always be a lot lower than everyone else. The 800 cals a day for someone who is 6-8 inches (or more) taller than we are gives those taller folks a bit of an edge, and 800 cals is about as low as anyone should go...even us. I started off slow...and never had the dramatic losses others noted. My average the first 3-4 months was between 2-2.8 lbs in a good week. Had a few weeks with 3+ and maybe 1 or 2 in the 4 lb range...but also have had weeks where in spite of the fact I've been 100% compliant, lost under 2 lbs. Actually...many more of those recently now that I've lost almost 65 lbs.

On WW I actually gained weight being 100% compliant...several tries. Same result. They told me I was cheating...No one who knows me would ever have said that to me...and they made a personal enemy of me for life. I have nothing good to say about them because of the humiliation they put me through. I need a low glycemic diet. It matters where my calories come from.

The program works. You have to stay the course and not compare yourself to anyone else. It's not easy being green...or in this case quite short when you want to lose weight!

Keeping it off will be a challenge too as I believe every portion of food I eat for the rest of my life will need to be smaller than everyone else's if I hope to maintain. As you probably know, BMR is based on height, weight activity level and age... I needed to be on board with that because there is no gettin' around it! Now that I am...on board and almost "there"... I'm finding getting rid of the excess weight is probably more dramatic on someone our height than on a taller person who does not have the same % to lose.

Best wishes! You can do this...just be patient!

Last edited by 65X65; 08-19-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

65X65

Thank you so much.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
65X65

Thank you so much.
My pleasure...been waiting for someone short enough to vent with!! It is what it is...but it's not fair!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #19  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Awesome Job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by constructisme View Post
So happy this morning. I reach goal number two this morning. I am finally in a size nine jeans. Yaahh
Old 08-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #20  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Hmm...day 8 of my reboot and I am still hungry. Lunch is not for another 1/2 hour! Haha! But I will surivive!!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 274.5/269.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Officially done one week and down 13.5 lbs. I have some big work/family events coming up, so I'm trying to get myself in the right mindset to tackle them without slipping.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #22  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

OK... I am pretty sure I have been on here for more than 20 days and I do not see the place where I can put that cool lbs. lost thingy at the bottom of my posts...

Is there a certain place I goto to get it? I thought I saw it somewhere in the options when I first started, but I can not find it now...

A little help please ?!?!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBobber View Post
OK... I am pretty sure I have been on here for more than 20 days and I do not see the place where I can put that cool lbs. lost thingy at the bottom of my posts...

Is there a certain place I goto to get it? I thought I saw it somewhere in the options when I first started, but I can not find it now...

A little help please ?!?!
There is a link for directions in the first post of this thread.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 208/197/142

Height: 5'8

Okay ladies, I would love to say that I am a clean eater but let's face it, I am not. I could always do better! I try to eat as clean as possible. I am worried about all of the ingredients in the processed foods (IP or alternatives) Is anyone else worried about this? I know that the foods are just for a short time but I still worry. Any comments would be great!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #25  

Height: 5'4"

Morning everybody! I was worried about taking holidays this late in the summer but man, the weather has been gorgeous and is supposed to be all week into next week, yay!

Had a pool/barbecue party last night with my family and it went really well. My sister had brought potato salad but I stayed away and had a lettuce burger with a big salad and some homemade salsa, yum! They were having dessert slices that my mom brought for dessert, I had a strawberry wafer, lol!

I'm off to hit some thrift stores today - went through my closet last night and I have a grand total of 2 skirts that fit me for work. And since I'm not back to work for a little over 2 weeks, those might not even fit me It was nice giving that pile of clothes away to my sister and niece last night though.

Happy Monday all!

Jo
Old 08-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Just popping in for a quick hello!! Had a not great OP weekend with my darling. He's come down with a dreaded summer cold, and convinced me (not that it was hard) that pizza on Saturday afternoon was a good idea. It was decidedly NOT. But here I am, back on track, trying to keep trucking along.

I'm so glad to have a place where I can confess my "sins" and know that I won't be judged, and will get some more motivation and lots of support.

@floridasunshine - Just so you know, the entire time I was eating that pizza, I thought about the chart you linked me before. <sigh> Carbs make us fat.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #27  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonhs View Post
so day 9 for me. I had a planned cheat last night - I am at a conference and attended a dinner. I thought we were going to be able to advise the servers about dietary restrictions so as to limit how bad my meal was but they just brought out the food and voila there it was.

But the meal was not too bad. I avoided the bread and buns, we had a tomato gazpacho which was nice and beef tenderloin with lots of veggies. I ignored the rice pilaf and most of the sauce that was served with it. And I had only two glasses of wine. Tiny bites of desserts (platter of 4 desserts, had one bite of each). So sounds terrible but a huge victory for me as in the past I would have eaten everything! And I had 4 glasses of water during dinner.

So now that's over with and I have no more meal obligations that I have to attend at this conference, I can get back to IP. I was actually happy with my IP progress while on this trip. I have been able to stick to the program even though in a hotel, eating at restaurants, etc.

Let's hope the scale doesn't punish me too badly for last night when I weigh in on Saturday.

Good luck everyone, I enjoy hearing about how everyone is doing!
I had a "planned cheat" last night too! Ice cream after a day of fun in the sun! It was delicious and actually felt like a treat...not like before when junk food was more of a "staple". The important part is that we get back on plan and move forward! have a great IP day!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #28  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

I froze the choc. pudding once and made my version of 'ice cream' the other day.. It was a nice treat after a warm day.. I think it only took about 30-45 min to freeze...
Old 08-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBobber View Post
I froze the choc. pudding once and made my version of 'ice cream' the other day.. It was a nice treat after a warm day.. I think it only took about 30-45 min to freeze...
Oooh thats a fantastic idea. I may do that the next time my family wants to go for ice cream. Did u use the pudding mix or the pre made cup?
Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #30  

I just got my first order from Nashua this morning! I cannot wait to try some alternatives!!! And for oatmeal to be unrestricted!! I can have it for my snack before bed now...or I can have oatmeal for breakfast and a bar for a snack! Woot! I just hope the protidiet oatmeal tastes as good as IP's!
Closed Thread