3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Any Runners doing IP? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/286381-any-runners-doing-ip.html)

NonieRuns 08-17-2013 03:09 PM

Any Runners doing IP?

Hi!

I am looking for folks who have run while doing IP and continue to run.

I would really like to share strategies, successes, tips for getting in the mileage while staying well-fueled, but still watching the scales move downwards.

And sharing running/race reports would be fun too!;)

There is a lot more information out there about low carb eating and strong running (so different from the previous carb-load mentality).

Anyway, would love to hear from you.

Cheers and Happy Running!

wismama2013 08-17-2013 06:09 PM

Ha I just posted about this - well asking about it! Curious to hear what responses you get. :carrot:

tiggermd 08-17-2013 07:30 PM

Hi,
I was actually training for a marathon when I started IP. I decided to postpone the marathon I was training for and aim for spring 2014. My coach suggested walking for the first month and then introducing light running.

Would love to hear your experience as well.

Oreokitty123 08-23-2013 01:31 PM

I have and still do. I do a little cheat before running and have a healthy carb before going running. I find it doesn't effect my weight in the least.

mrskuby 08-23-2013 02:06 PM

I stopped working out when I started IP last year in November. Then in April, I went back to the gym and running to begin training for Tough Mudder. I found that it stalled my losses even adding an extra unrestricted. So I decided to stop IP while I was in training and just eat low carb, moderate protein and higher fat. It worked wonderfully for training and for the event itself. I followed the info from "The Art & Science of Low Carb Performance".

Now that the event is done, I am back on P1 of IP to get the last 20ish lbs off. As I've stated before, I know there's muscles under this fluff and I want to lean out enough to see them! In the meantime, i am not working out or running just so i can lose as quickly as possible and be done with it for good.

I'll be curious to hear how you folks that are still running do while in P1. Keep up the good work!!

ckmantan 08-23-2013 04:47 PM

I am still a newbie. But I was also training for a marathon before I started, but have put that on hold. I didn't run the first week. After that, I started exercising. I just like exercising. I run 3-4 times a week--about 3-6 miles. I do feel like my energy is a little bit lower. I would drink half my protein shake and wait for 45 minutes before I exercise. Then afterwards, I would have my protein (shake or meal). That is what works for me.

AlaskanRN 08-23-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NonieRuns (Post 4818594)
Hi!

I am looking for folks who have run while doing IP and continue to run.

I would really like to share strategies, successes, tips for getting in the mileage while staying well-fueled, but still watching the scales move downwards.

And sharing running/race reports would be fun too!;)

There is a lot more information out there about low carb eating and strong running (so different from the previous carb-load mentality).

Anyway, would love to hear from you.

Cheers and Happy Running!

Im soooo glad you posted this! Im a runner/ski racer/cyclist/triathlete! My training has definitely gone downhill since this diet! My mom mentioned to me the other night though that I should be able to really get back into training soon with all the excess weight off, thats always the hard part! Im training for a bunch of running races coming up and my ultimate goal is the US Nordic Masters Championships- gotta ski a 50km xc ski race along with some middle distances in that series!

Anyhow I would love to talk with some fellow athlete IP'ers!!!