Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #61  
IP since 8-16-13

S/C/G: 240/225/175

Height: 5'6

Day 3 here - so far so good! Just made a cauliflower tortilla with a little egg white - topped off with bell pepper, onion, fresh basil, fresh cilantro and salt & pepper. Haven't felt deprived yet and loving the simplicity. I had the maple oatmeal for lunch today with a plate of cucumbers. I'm in the honeymoon phase but feel this is a wonderful straightforward plan. Love reading all the recipes - the ideas in my head are endless! Thanks to all for sharing!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #62  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Lj14,

I have been on the plan for 12 weeks now and am still in love with it. I find myself really thinking about how this will become/is becoming my new life long way of nutrition.

Welcome along!

Annik
Old 08-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #63  
sugar is the devil

My period just started today and my 1st WI is tomorrow... Ugh!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj14 View Post
Day 3 here - so far so good! Just made a cauliflower tortilla with a little egg white - topped off with bell pepper, onion, fresh basil, fresh cilantro and salt & pepper. Haven't felt deprived yet and loving the simplicity. I had the maple oatmeal for lunch today with a plate of cucumbers. I'm in the honeymoon phase........!
Welcome and yes the simplicity of this plan makes it something i've been able to follow without issue...it will be something i know i can continue long after i phase out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Lj14,

I have been on the plan for 12 weeks now and am still in love with it. I find myself really thinking about how this will become/is becoming my new life long way of nutrition.
AMEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
My period just started today and my 1st WI is tomorrow... Ugh!
Well..at least if you haven't had super outstanding losses at least you know why right?! always gotta find that silver lining
Old 08-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #65  
Journey On

S/C/G: 240.0/240.0/150

Height: 5'6"

Lj14 -- we are on the same track! This is day 3 for me, we are almost exactly the same stats! Here's wishing us both success on this journey! If you want a "buddy" to keep in contact via PM, once we are allowed the PM feature, I would be willing to hook up!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #66  

Height: 5'5"

Lisa, I made the zucchini muffins again tonight and I followed your earlier suggestions. And.....GREAT!!!! So fun and good!!! Glad I asked the question. Thanks again Lisa.

Hope everyone else had a great OP weekend!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #67  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Weather cooperated and we were able to get out on the boat today! Came home and made tacos (homemade taco seasoning recipe I found online) in lettuce wraps. DH and son really liked them, as did I! This will definitely be a repeat meal. Anxious to WI tomorrow. This week I feel like losses have slowed a bit, but not concerned, just curious. I definitely feel smaller and more people are commenting now. Feels good!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #68  

Smile New to Ideal Protein

Hi there have just started my ideal protein a week ago and am loving it so far. I have already lost 10.5 lbs. I do have a couple of questions.....
I was a little concerned with the cost of ideal so a friend of mine told me to buy Lindora, I did and am now kind of freaking. I have read some people say it basically is the same just watch carbs and other ingred and then other posts have said lindora has a lot more hidden ingredients? Any truth to that????
My next question is Mio is my new best friend but I saw some people say limit it to 2 times a day....any feelings on that..

Thanks everyone and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading through your post you are all inspirations.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #69  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Hi Kootenay Grandma!

People's experience with Mio seems to vary. Some people say they are fine with it even more than 2 times a day. Others (like me) notice that when using it, weight loss seems to slow.

I don't think Mio is technically on programme but general feeling seems to be that if it helps and is not hurting, then many people use it.

Because of my limitations with Mio, I drink sparkling mineral water (San Pellegrino and Gerolsteiner are my two favs!) To this I add some stevia and some True Lemon. To do the mixing, I pour a bit of the water into a measuring cup and add the stevia and lemon there. I mix, let it fizz up and then slowly add back to the bottle. Adding it in too fast will cause the bottle to overflow because of the fast fizzing.

Hope this helps!

Annik
Old 08-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #70  

Thanks so much Annik have you heard anything about Lindora??
Old 08-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay Grandma View Post
Thanks so much Annik have you heard anything about Lindora??
i've never heard about it, is it a type of food or a different program all together from IP?
Old 08-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #72  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Kootenay Grandma,

Re: Lindora

Yes, I have but not enough to be confident to write about it.

Lots of people here are familiar with and are using alternatives. Somebody will chime in with valuable information.

There is an alternatives thread. I will see if I can find it for you if somebody doesn't post it for you first.

Last edited by Annik; 08-18-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #73  

Art3mis
It is very similar to ideal but just comes out of the US and the food is half the price....
Old 08-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #74  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Here are some of the Alternative Threads. You'll have to scroll through to see if there is something about Lindora. (I can never get the search feature to work very well.)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-vol-1-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html

Last edited by Annik; 08-18-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay Grandma View Post
Art3mis
It is very similar to ideal but just comes out of the US and the food is half the price....

yah looking at their site right now wish i could be more help, hope you find the information you are looking for ..
Closed Thread