Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #16  
Journey On

S/C/G: 240.0/240.0/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi there, I am jumping right in...

like it says to on the FAQs page that I am reading (I intend to read all 35 pages of the "tips for newbies"). I am no stranger to 3FC, and not even to IP. I've just been lost for a while, but getting back in the fray of trying to lose this extra 80 lbs I've been lugging around for about 20 years. I've gone on every kind of tangent diet there, and there are many that "work" for me, as long I am working for them; i.e., as long as I stick to it. That's definitely my problem: I've never stuck to anything long enough to see long term results.

I hope that as a user of alternative products that I can be accepted here on the daily chats; I simply CANNOT afford to pay the cost of the IP food program. I had some success a while back with alternatives, but again, I didn't stick with it long enough.

I am determined this time; I really am sick of the way I look, and the way I feel being this heavy. Today is day 2 and I am doing well.

Looking forward to learning from and being inspired by you all. Off to read some more of those 35 pages!!

~gr-8~
Old 08-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8by48 View Post
like it says to on the FAQs page that I am reading (I intend to read all 35 pages of the "tips for newbies"). I am no stranger to 3FC, and not even to IP. I've just been lost for a while, but getting back in the fray of trying to lose this extra 80 lbs I've been lugging around for about 20 years. I've gone on every kind of tangent diet there, and there are many that "work" for me, as long I am working for them; i.e., as long as I stick to it. That's definitely my problem: I've never stuck to anything long enough to see long term results.

I hope that as a user of alternative products that I can be accepted here on the daily chats; I simply CANNOT afford to pay the cost of the IP food program. I had some success a while back with alternatives, but again, I didn't stick with it long enough.

I am determined this time; I really am sick of the way I look, and the way I feel being this heavy. Today is day 2 and I am doing well.

Looking forward to learning from and being inspired by you all. Off to read some more of those 35 pages!!

~gr-8~
Alternative users are ABSOLUTELY not only accepted but WELCOMED here! We have lots of them and many threads devoted to alternatives. Some, like me, do a combo of IP and Alts and others only Alts.

Welcome and we look forward to mutual support!!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #18  

Quote:

Lots of us use alternative products.
Commit to following the IP protocol 100% no matter what (with products of your choice) and I guarantee you'll drop those 80 lbs. I'm sort've the tortoise, rather than the hare, but I started on July 30, 2012. I was down 80 by mid April, and that was after 2 stalls due to medical issues.

It's okay to be the tortoise. He won the race & I'm winning the war. Join me in the battle by committing to sticking 100% to protocol no matter what. No cheats will get you where you want to be and every time you succeed, it strengthens your resolve for the next time.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #19  

I am actually struggling to eat the whole protocol worth of food today (day 1). It takes forever for me to eat 4 cups of vegetables!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Lisa -
I agree with you about being the tortoise, I feel that as long as I am losing and OP then I am winning. The scale will eventually catch up.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfighter View Post
I am actually struggling to eat the whole protocol worth of food today (day 1). It takes forever for me to eat 4 cups of vegetables!
Go to the first post of this thread and find the fun with veggie purée thread.
Also go to the recipe #4 thread and find the zucchini muffin recipe.
Easy way to get in veggies until you get used to eating them all
Trust me, before long you'll be wishing you could have more than 4 c.!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #22  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post

Have you told your coach you aren't taking the potassium? You will still lose weight with or without the supplements, but ketosis is extremely taxing on your system. Ketogenic bodies are actually considered TOXIC because they sap your body of sodium, potassium, and calcium. Please read: http://www.livestrong.com/article/55...etogenic-diet/
I am not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just worried about you! Don't want you to get sick
Hi coloradogirl,

Thanks for your concern! My coach doesn't push potassium or any of the ip supplements. She just recommends that I take a good multi-vitamin of my choice.

I eat meat almost every day and I like it rarely cooked (sounds awful when I say that!) It is known to be a good source of potassium.

By the way, I really like your hair style! It suits you!

On the journey,
Annik
Old 08-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #23  
Journey On

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Alternative users are ABSOLUTELY not only accepted but WELCOMED here! We have lots of them and many threads devoted to alternatives. Some, like me, do a combo of IP and Alts and others only Alts.

Welcome and we look forward to mutual support!!
Thanks JLUS and others for the welcome! I kind of thought that I did remember that there's lots of alternative ppl on here, I just couldn't remember there was a separate "daily thread" for alts. I've been re-reading the alts threads to refresh my memory on which are the best products that match up to the expensive IP foods. Ready to rock this out!

Day 2 eating is done and I did well, was not hungry (drank lots of water). Oh, need to double check on this: for some of my water, I've been adding a teeny tiny bit of flavoring via Crystal light. I mean like a quarter of a packet that is supposed to flavor 16 ozs of water, and I put that into my 24 ozs water cup. Is this OK to do? I drink at least 4 of those cups each day and I tend to flavor 1-2 of them this way. It adds just a tiny bit of flavor and it keeps me drinking. I hope it's OK.

~gr-8~
Old 08-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Thanks JLUS and others for the welcome! I kind of thought that I did remember that there's lots of alternative ppl on here, I just couldn't remember there was a separate "daily thread" for alts. I've been re-reading the alts threads to refresh my memory on which are the best products that match up to the expensive IP foods. Ready to rock this out!

Day 2 eating is done and I did well, was not hungry (drank lots of water). Oh, need to double check on this: for some of my water, I've been adding a teeny tiny bit of flavoring via Crystal light. I mean like a quarter of a packet that is supposed to flavor 16 ozs of water, and I put that into my 24 ozs water cup. Is this OK to do? I drink at least 4 of those cups each day and I tend to flavor 1-2 of them this way. It adds just a tiny bit of flavor and it keeps me drinking. I hope it's OK.

~gr-8~
Fine to add a bit of flavoring if it is sugar AND Asparatame-free. And especially if you are drinking most of your water plain.

FYI - Just to clarify, there is only one daily thread for ALL IPers, both IP food and alternatives... But there are separate threads that discuss alternative products.

Last edited by JLUS; 08-17-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #25  
Journey On

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Fine to add a bit of flavoring if it is sugar AND Asparatame-free. And especially if you are drinking most of your water plain.

FYI - Just to clarify, there is only one daily thread for ALL IPers, both IP food and alternatives... But there are separate threads that discuss alternative products.
OK, thanks Laurie!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #26  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Ugh rough day ya'll ! Stayed up too late last night so got crappy sleep then it was super slow at work. Made the day drag forever. Now I'm home and I need to eat some veggies and my third packet but I so don't want to! I want French fries I'm all weepy and crabby over French fries!! So dumb.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Hi coloradogirl,

Thanks for your concern! My coach doesn't push potassium or any of the ip supplements. She just recommends that I take a good multi-vitamin of my choice.

I eat meat almost every day and I like it rarely cooked (sounds awful when I say that!) It is known to be a good source of potassium.

By the way, I really like your hair style! It suits you!

On the journey,
Annik
Ah, gotcha! I also love my beef nice and red Thank you very much for the compliment! It is naturally super curly, frizzy, and terrible but I battle it each morning.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #28  
Journey On

Default Question about the protein

Hi again! I have a question about the 5-8ozs of protein at dinner time: is that supposed to be the pre- cooked weight or after cooking weight? I am working my way through the FAQs pages for newbies, but I haven't come to that yet and well, it is 35 pages long, lol.

One thing I did actually try from there today is I put my protein drink from breakfast in my coffee instead of my usual half and half. I thought is was going to taste horrible, but it was good, phew....cause I gotta have my coffee!!

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Ugh rough day ya'll ! Stayed up too late last night so got crappy sleep then it was super slow at work. Made the day drag forever. Now I'm home and I need to eat some veggies and my third packet but I so don't want to! I want French fries I'm all weepy and crabby over French fries!! So dumb.
Don't tell anyone but - I have put myself to bed grumpy and without dinner before, because I just felt like I couldn't have what I wanted so I wanted nothing. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than cheating. In this particular case (french fries) I think nothing might be better, lol! Or maybe just eat an IP snack real quick. You shouldn't have to feel like you're suffering through IP because then you're more likely to quit, so do whatever feels best (unless it's giving up and eating the french fries, don't do that!) I'm sorry you had a bad day. I hope you have a day off tomorrow?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #30  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
Don't tell anyone but - I have put myself to bed grumpy and without dinner before, because I just felt like I couldn't have what I wanted so I wanted nothing. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than cheating. In this particular case (french fries) I think nothing might be better, lol! Or maybe just eat an IP snack real quick. You shouldn't have to feel like you're suffering through IP because then you're more likely to quit, so do whatever feels best (unless it's giving up and eating the french fries, don't do that!) I'm sorry you had a bad day. I hope you have a day off tomorrow?
I hear ya! I'm gonna have a bar and some water and cuddle with my pups. I have to work tomorrow but I'm seriously thinking of taking a mental health day. Thanks for the support.
Closed Thread