Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 8/15/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone!! Hope you all have a great OP day!!

I have lost 30 pounds and almost no one has commented on my weight...how many pounds did you loose when people started to notice?
Old 08-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #3  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post

I have lost 30 pounds and almost no one has commented on my weight...how many pounds did you loose when people started to notice?
I want to say it was around the 30 lb mark that people started to comment. Just last week my neighbor asked if I changed my hair! Lol. Now this week I have had several people remark on my weight loss.

Last edited by dak1lls; 08-15-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Morning all,

jumped on the scale this morning and discovered:

I am down 3 pounds this week and one pound below my goal weight.

Yeah me. Almost 6 months to the day since I started IP and I have achieved the goal I set for myself. I am down 146 pounds - 126 of which was achieved on IP. When I first started I didn't think this day would ever come. Now, when I look back it hardly seems like any time at all has passed.

For the next little while I plan on remaining on phase 2 - my wife is still on phase 1 she has lost 60 pounds and has decided to lose 30 more. So to help support her and because it seems that you will gain some weight back once you transition to phase 3 I plan on losing 4 more pounds to give myself that buffer. At least that's the plan at the moment.

I will be posting some before and after photos in a bit. Have a great day all.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #5  

Quote:

ppl started for me around 233k 5-6 or 20lbs gone..but maybe its cuz i am still wearing the same old clothes, i dont care how baggy they get lol

question: this week at WI i was going to get rotini, cuz i thought it might be a nice way to change up getting veggies in rather than just eating a salad....but my coach said that both the rotini's are restricted. So i didn't bother. but now that im looking at my sheet, tho it's high in carbs, its listed as un-restricted. So which is correct? anyone who uses them out there...do you use it as a restricted or UN!??
Old 08-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #6  

Quote:

When I'd gone down 40-45, I started getting hair compliments but very few people commented about my weight loss. I had to remember who/what I was doing it for. I also realized that no matter how good I felt people still saw me as obese, because I was! I am STILL in the overweight BMI

Even now, last week someone asked me if I had lost "some" weight
Old 08-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Morning all,

jumped on the scale this morning and discovered:

Yeah me. Almost 6 months to the day since I started IP and I have achieved the goal I set for myself. I am down 146 pounds - 126 of which was achieved on IP. When I first started I didn't think this day would ever come. Now, when I look back it hardly seems like any time at all has passed.

For the next little while I plan on remaining on phase 2 - my wife is still on phase 1 she has lost 60 pounds and has decided to lose 30 more. So to help support her and because it seems that you will gain some weight back once you transition to phase 3 I plan on losing 4 more pounds to give myself that buffer. At least that's the plan at the moment.

Im sooo very happy for you. You must feel amazing. can't wait till i get to put up the same pictures WAY TO GO
Old 08-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Okay, here goes.

Keep in mind that most "before" pictures I have aren't full body shots in all more 3x+ glory because I always made my wife crop the pics in a sad attempt to hide the embarrassment and shame I felt at my appearance.

Here's me using up all the available space in a canvas folding lawn chair

In case no one knows I'm the guy on the right not the skinny guy on the left

Here I am larger than life at Haleakala crater - notice the use of the strategic hoodie to try to cover up

Another Maui shot

Hanging out at the Grand Canyon - again notice no full body shot

Finally here is a shot of me and the wife unit - don't tell her I've included her in this post

Now the after pictures:

At the Museum of The Rockies - pay no attention to the flat hair I was wearing a motorcycle helmet all day

Me at a wedding a 10 days ago

Same wedding

Last but not least - the wife unit and myself
Old 08-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #9  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Morning all,

WOW!! Amazing! Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
question: this week at WI i was going to get rotini, cuz i thought it might be a nice way to change up getting veggies in rather than just eating a salad....but my coach said that both the rotini's are restricted. So i didn't bother. but now that im looking at my sheet, tho it's high in carbs, its listed as un-restricted. So which is correct? anyone who uses them out there...do you use it as a restricted or UN!??
I don't know about the IP pasta but Nashua Nutrition has some that is def not restricted. I have been having a variety of veggie and pasta salads all week!
__________________________________________________ ___________

I am on day 4 of my reboot and I feel great! So far I am down over 2 lbs...I weigh daily but I only record once weekly. I am hoping to lose at least one more before next Tuesday...that will put me at my lowest weight in 10 years! I love IP...it's so easy!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

Congrats Spiritman! That must feel amazing!

Trish... I started at a similar weight to yours...I think around 35 lbs is when people started actually commenting. It probably also depends on how you lose weight. I have friends who every 10 lbs drop a pant size. For me, I need around 25 pounds to do that... I guess I lose weight evenly, as opposed to specifically around the waist/hips, so I think that takes longer to notice as well.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #11  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

WOW!!!!! Spiritman, you look awesome! Not even recognizable! The wife unit is looking pretty hot too!!! Way to go!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 262/226/160

Height: 5ft2

5th Wi today :loss 4lbs!
I am pretty happy about that 1 1/12 inches loss!!
total loss 19lbs 8 total inches..
Old 08-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #13  

Spritman: Many congrats!!!
Don't forget to post your pics in the Before/After Pics thread so anyone who isn't here today will see them too!

Quote:
IP has them listed as unrestricted. I'm sure some coaches have added "house rules" b/c of the calorie content. So, the question is: Do you trust the IP program or your coach to know the plan best? So many coaches truly have so little training.

For example, aren't you the one who has erroneous info re: Jicama? From your coach? The current IP protocol sheet (all are in the stickies in post #48) has Jicama clearly listed.

Ultimately we all make our own choices. I choose to keep my unrestricted in the 80-120 calorie level so wouldn't eat the rotini on a regular basis (if it were gluten-free, which it is not). However, for a change-of-pace once in awhile it is nice to have variety.

I also only choose to eat the limited veggies if we are "out". Sometimes green beans or salsa (on my salad as dressing) are my only option. At home, I usually stick to select veggies. Again, a personal choice. I've just found this is how it works best for me.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
WOW!! Amazing! Great job!

I don't know about the IP pasta but Nashua Nutrition has some that is def not restricted. I have been having a variety of veggie and pasta salads all week!
__________________________________________________ ___________

I am on day 4 of my reboot and I feel great! So far I am down over 2 lbs...I weigh daily but I only record once weekly. I am hoping to lose at least one more before next Tuesday...that will put me at my lowest weight in 10 years! I love IP...it's so easy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Spritman: Many congrats!!!
Don't forget to post your pics in the Before/After Pics thread so anyone who isn't here today will see them too!

IP has them listed as unrestricted. I'm sure some coaches have added "house rules" b/c of the calorie content. So, the question is: Do you trust the IP program or your coach to know the plan best? So many coaches truly have so little training.

For example, aren't you the one who has erroneous info re: Jicama? From your coach? The current IP protocol sheet (all are in the stickies in post #48) has Jicama clearly listed.

Ultimately we all make our own choices. I choose to keep my unrestricted in the 80-120 calorie level so wouldn't eat the rotini on a regular basis (if it were gluten-free, which it is not). However, for a change-of-pace once in awhile it is nice to have variety.

I also only choose to eat the limited veggies if we are "out". Sometimes green beans or salsa (on my salad as dressing) are my only option. At home, I usually stick to select veggies. Again, a personal choice. I've just found this is how it works best for me.
thanks for the insight Lisa...and yah my coach seems a to have some odd information. I'd had never even heard of jimaca till someone posted about it on the forums, its not even on my sheet .....

Unrestricted....YAY...I might get some to try out to change up my menu a lil now and then ...should have paid you my 250 bucks eh!? You should open a virtual clinic and you can coach me via skype lol

Last edited by Art3mis; 08-15-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #15  

Quote:
Unrestricted....YAY...I might get some to try out to change up my menu a lil now and then ...should have paid you my 250 bucks eh!? You should open a virtual clinic and you can coach me via skype lol
I only know this stuff b/c of this forum. Remember, I've been here over a year!
Paying forward what was so freely given...
Closed Thread