Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #16  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Morning all! Today is my 3rd day back on IP and I am already down about 2 lbs! I know it's water but water takes up space and affects my weight so I'm happy to get it gone!

Panera bagels in the break room this morning are soo tempting! But I knew they would be there so I brought one of my fav bars and had that as a substitute. I know I will be able to have a bagel once I reach my goal weight so I am able to just walk away! Bagels won't taste as good as skinny will feel in Puerto Vallarta at Xmas!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #17  

Dak1lls-> Congratulations on sticking to your choices, even though it was so difficult. I haven't heard a lot of talk about what happens when we go off OP, but found out for myself on Monday. We were returning my 3.5 & 5.5 yr old grand kids after having them with us for a week. Stopped at other son's overnight & because we'd added 2 more kids to their household (they also have a 20 mo old and 3.5), I felt like I'd be adding more chaos in the kitchen to fix my own meal & just ate 1.5 pieces of pizza. First off OP since May 1st.

I felt so horrible the next day I couldn't even make the last leg of our trip.

I had no clue the reaction would be so intense... Duh! It's 4 phases for good reasons obviously!

I don't need to defer to other people when my body is the only place I have to live and I am the one responsible for caring for me! The truly dumb thing is that I'm sure my son wouldn't have cared one single bit if I'd made myself something different in his kitchen. I foolishly traded a minor hassle for a much bigger one.

As they say, "Live & Learn"!

Good news is that despite the ongoing, maddeningly itchy, soy-allergy rash, I have not gained any weight back (on my scale anyhow) and will find out tomorrow if I've really lost another couple pounds with the few soy-free alternatives & IP products I can use....

It is SO worth it to stick to the plan IP has researched and laid out for us!!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
LOL, a few months back, ALL food commercials annoyed me mightily. I don't really notice them as much now. HUGE congrats on getting under 300! That is not a strange thing to be excited about -- it is your first milestone and am important one. Way to go! Don't forget to change the number in your profile so it shows up under your avatar. For some reason, that is extra satisfying to me -- makes it seem more official.

The last time we went out for dinner, we tried a new microbrewery. The menu wasn't very easy to navigate as they seemed to throw carmelized onions and some variation of beer on everything. I finally settled on a plain burger with none of their toppings on it, just tomato, onion, and lettuce. This wasn't offered on their menu, so I had to do a lot of talking with the waitress. I let her bring the bun, because I felt weird enough having to reassure her several times that I didn't want their beer-cheese sauce and no caramelized onions, etc. When she brought it, she put it down in front of me and said, "Just how you wanted it??? . . . But does that look good, though?" And she had this disgusted and exasperated look on her face. That ticked me off royally. And, yes, it looked very good to me . . . once I removed the bun, put mustard on it, and ate it with a fork! LOL

I am down 3.5 this week, yipppeeeee!! I was quite moody this week, so I was hoping for a good weigh in. Funny, now that I'm on IP, when I snap at my husband or my son is really on my last nerve, I think to myself . . . 'maybe a good weigh in!'

Have a good day, everyone!

Oh, MagnoliaBlossom -- Awesome news!! Congrats on making goal!
Oh man! So glad it's not just me. The regular commercials I just tune out, or we don't watch. I even managed to watch one of my fav cooking shows and not have any problems. It's just that darned milkshake!

And POO on snotty waitresses. I was super happy with our waitress Monday night. She knows us, and is great and didn't mind all my weird questions. Not even "Okay, so this is weird, but... could you bring me a few pickles?" She raised an eyebrow cuz I said pickle... something, but not spear, and was like "Okay. *shrug*" It was great.

Congrats on the great weigh-in! And congrats to MagnoliaBlossom on making goal!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #19  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothysmom View Post
I haven't heard a lot of talk about what happens when we go off OP, but found out for myself on Monday. We were returning my 3.5 & 5.5 yr old grand kids after having them with us for a week. Stopped at other son's overnight & because we'd added 2 more kids to their household (they also have a 20 mo old and 3.5), I felt like I'd be adding more chaos in the kitchen to fix my own meal & just ate 1.5 pieces of pizza. First off OP since May 1st.

I felt so horrible the next day I couldn't even make the last leg of our trip.

I had no clue the reaction would be so intense... Duh! It's 4 phases for good reasons obviously!

I don't need to defer to other people when my body is the only place I have to live and I am the one responsible for caring for me! The truly dumb thing is that I'm sure my son wouldn't have cared one single bit if I'd made myself something different in his kitchen. I foolishly traded a minor hassle for a much bigger one.

As they say, "Live & Learn"!!
Thanks for sharing this. I hadn't really thought of how it could physically feel to cheat. That is another tool in my "cheatbusters toolbox." Thanks! I finally feel good again -- I don't want to go back to feeling bad. Nothing is worth that.

MrsKuby -- Good for you planning ahead to ward off those bagels. What a carb bomb! Just think of how those people are messing up their blood sugar and insulin levels. yuck.

Last edited by SylviesGirl; 08-14-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Emergency meal...BK ( Yes...BurgerKing)

On a recent road trip we discovered how to get what I needed at a rest stop that only had Pizza, Burger places and an Italian Bistro..

Order the Grilled Chicken breast (sandwich) ..I told them to keep everything but the chicken. 160 cals on their website. They have nutrition info posted and you can customize your order at BK.
A garden salad..no dressing or croutons is 40 cals. It still comes with cheese and tomatoes...so take that off..and you get something less. I'm thinking under 200 calories total ... if you eat all the chicken. Certainly not everyday...but it worked when we were tired..hungry and the weather kept us on the turnpike much later than we preferred.

I would think one can go anywhere in the country and find a BK on the way to wherever you're going and get a take out meal that is PRETTY CLOSE TO ON PLAN to bring into a situation where you can't or don't want to either use a kitchen..or disrupt a dinner (pizza, Chinese, Philly cheese steaks..yadda-yadda.) being ordered out for everyone else. At dinner...I ordered 2 of the salads..they are small. ...If I found myself needing to do this at lunch I wouldn't eat all the chicken. Yes..you can get a salad down once in a while with no dressing! Try lemon wedges and oil, or if you use stuff that comes in packets and have a few in your purse already.....you're probably good to go!

Hope this helps someone...did this a few weeks ago and felt it was a good option when the options were extremely limited. Don't know about the nutritional data at other burger places...but we made a mental note that this is a decent option for me for now, and I'll probably research a few other FF menues since many are posting the data on line now. Yea to BK though for allowing us to "Have it your way..."

Last edited by 65X65; 08-14-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #21  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

I am meeting a friend that I haven't seen in months or lunch today. Of course, she doesn't know I'm on IP. I plan to have a shake before I go, order a salad and just use lemon for dressing. The killer will be when I order a club soda and lime and she has her usual margarita. But skinny is feeling to great to cheat! Down 21.6 this morning! (Total that is). Lol

I am going to get those fat cells one at a time! Bring it on.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning, fellow IP'ers!

It's nice to see everyone so positive and such nice scale and non-scale victories!

I was a little down this morning: my daughter got kicked out of day camp yesterday. It's very discouraging when you work so hard with a child and nothing seems to work.

I saw a post on the Oprah FB page this morning that said: "Today is full of possible!" I will keep that as my mantra for the day/week.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 08-14-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I did my first cheat yesterday I caved and had some pizza. I paid for it though... I was up half the night with a really bad stomach AND bad acid reflux. It was a loooong night. Note to self now... plus, now it'll take me a week to get back into ketosis. I won't let one bad night derail everything though. Accept it and move on. Also... it had been awhile since I had any acid reflux, I clearly remember it now and I don't want it coming back again.

Things I forgot about after being on IP:
ACID REFLUX!
leg cramps - used to happen every night
Always bloated
no money... yes IP is cheaper for me. I was someone who ate out for lunch 2-3 times a work week, then 3-4 times for supper AND then lunch & supper on Saturday and Sunday. Now I actually see my bank account going up!
No energy This one is sad because it really affected my 4 year old

Last edited by KryssyBee; 08-14-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #24  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Maybe I am weird but since I started the protocol on July 15th, I haven't had any cravings or temptations whatsoever... Last night I made pizza for my family and did not even phase me.. did not lick the spoon when I made the marinara sauce.. I am thinking that one day, its going to hit me full blast even though I have been dreaming once of swimming in vanilla custard... WEIRD !!! Maybe my brain is helping me by turning off the craving cells !!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 209/164/130

Height: 5'2

Default Chicken patty mix stir fry

I've never had the chicken patty mix before but I was thinking about doing a kind of chicken stir fry with it. Maybe use asian seasoning, stir fry veggies and pieces of chicken patty. Does that sound gross? Has anyone tried this, or have a better idea for the chicken patty?
Old 08-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #26  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy71 View Post
Maybe I am weird but since I started the protocol on July 15th, I haven't had any cravings or temptations whatsoever... Last night I made pizza for my family and did not even phase me.. did not lick the spoon when I made the marinara sauce.. I am thinking that one day, its going to hit me full blast even though I have been dreaming once of swimming in vanilla custard... WEIRD !!! Maybe my brain is helping me by turning off the craving cells !!
i'm the same way! last night i made a strawberry lemon bundt cake from scratch, cream cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos, and white and dark chocolate covered strawberries for all the guys at work. didn't lick a single spoon! i get strength from cooking stuff i can't have. it makes me feel powerful.

last week i made "slutty brownies" - layer of chocolate chip cookie dough, topped with a layer of oreo cookies, topped with a layer of brownie batter... all baked together. didn't lick that spoon either. now i just see evil sugar and fatty carbs. i almost feel sorry for the people i see eating this stuff.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy71 View Post
What a blessing!!! Good for you!!!

I have not had any cravings to remember either and started this Jan 10th. although expected I'd crave a few snack foods I like... and chocolate...but really have not had a hard time. Coffee aroma gets me salivating though, and I switched to decaf for the most part since I mix it in shakes a lot. My husband likes corn on the cobb and sausage on the grill a few times over the summer and they have not been anything that made me think about cheating. (Although the smell is devine!) He offered to forgo that stuff this summer but I need to be tested ...and have been OK with having things I don't eat around. At this point...it would be crazy to allow that to be in control...and clearly I am! Now I do know I can do this, and no food is going to dictate what I will eat for the rest of my life. I want skinny way too much...and that is what people are actually calling me now!

Last night at a restaurant after placed my order of grilled meat...GlutenFree, no salt --no sugar-- no sauce...and double vegetables...also grilled please... a friend asked me ..."Why are you still trying to lose? You are way too skinny..."

....Like I'm going to start ordering smashed potatoes with bacon and cheese sauce on my veggies after all this!!!??? Seriously??? 1.8 lbs from goal for 8/26.....

Last edited by 65X65; 08-14-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 253/217/150

Height: 5'7

I almost cried today when the scale didn't move at my weigh in. I'm down 4 lbs at home guess that will have to satisfy me.

The new lady who kept saying if I have been cheating. I have not been cheating. She got me frustrated.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

WOW!! What an inspiring day just listening to all of your successes.

Frenchy71- I feel the same way about the temptations and cravings. This is the first time in my life when I haven't had them and I feel so lucky and happy that I am not having them.

Everyone keep up the good work, each of your successes large or small inspire me.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #30  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Congrats to all of you who had NSV and SVs! Nice to see everyone so positive! And to the few of us who had some cheats- no worries. What matters is we get back up and continue on! I haven't had a "big cheat" myself yet- although I do use an off plan salad dressing almost daily. It hasn't affected my losses at all so far. I have my official 2nd weigh in tomorrow so we will see forsure then but according to my scale I am down 10lbs in not quite two weeks! I didn't even think of how I would feel physically if I caved and had a big bad meal....good to know! Thanks ladies for giving me my daily IP inspiration!! Oh and I forgot to mention my NSV today...got my period on time today for the first time in months!!! Super excited that IP is already helping to regulate my cycle!!!

Last edited by jmanovich; 08-14-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Closed Thread