IP Daily Chat Monday 8/12/3013

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/gelatins/
    http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...sucralose.html
    http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...zzy-7-box.html

Gelatin = denatured collagen...there are a ton of drinks at nashua that have gelatin, plus you can also find collagen supplements which you should take with Vitamin C to boost.

Looks like all the jello's have asparteme in them... I don't think it's allowed on IP.. but I will keep looking! Thanks for the info.. maybe I will just get plain gelatin and make my own..
  • Good Day Everyone...
    seems like most are having a nice monday.

Noticing the scale is going down nicely now that im trying to drink mostly black coffee...still using some RTD vanilla at times but..not as often as before official WI is tomorrow tho so ... lets hope their scale agrees with my scale.
  • Hi everyone!! I have been doing wonderslim but reading in to Ideal Protein has me wondering...can anyone give me a comparison or benefits?
  • Quote: Hi everyone!! I have been doing wonderslim but reading in to Ideal Protein has me wondering...can anyone give me a comparison or benefits?
    I know very little about wonderslim, but, it looks like its just a website where you order pre-packaged items?? If this is true..then IP differs in that many of us that are on the offical plan attend a weekly weigh in with a coach who's trained in the IP protocol....and there are clear cut rules that one follows while on IP.

that being said, you could maybe use both wonderslim products while following the IP protocol (see the first post of this thread for the link to Dr Tran's website). You'd have to invest some times and see if the wonderslim products would be compliant with IP..the folks in the alternative threads maybe able to provide you more insight...

I prefer IP b/c it just makes life super easy for me....all i need to do is bring my inner will/strength/desire to be thin and a healthier version of the current me, perform a lil prep work with veggies and my lean proteins....and i see results ....

Good luck
  • Thanks so much for all the information. Im new and really appreciate it.
    Quote:
    Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
    and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
    The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    Fun with Veggie Purees!
    Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
    Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
    Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
  • Quote: Hi everyone!! I have been doing wonderslim but reading in to Ideal Protein has me wondering...can anyone give me a comparison or benefits?
    IP is more restrictive, it will require you to eat 4 cups a day of select (low-carb) vegetables and 5-8 oz of protein. No fruit, no dairy, very limited fat. It allows fewer calories and is designed to help you reach ketosis, which should help with hunger. IP branded foods are more expensive, however, if you are comfortable following the plan you can switch to less expensive alternative protein bars/shakes. Cheating on IP can knock you out of ketosis and stall your weight loss for a week. You can only buy IP foods from an IP-approved clinic.
  • Happy Monday all.......... welcome newbies! Off to make some cauli mash and IP shepherds pie.
  • That sounds good! What do you use for sauce? I am assuming you are using turnips or rutabega for the 'potato' chunks in the sauce.. What other veggies to you add?
  • Quote: The protein, 10g, per bar is lower than any IP products, so some may not consider them to be OP.
    Don't you think it is better than not eating at all? The poster said they weren't eating because of lack of time
  • Frostybobber Are you asking about the Shepherds pie? I use cauliflower mashed/whipped, soy crumbles or sometimes tofu, veggies I use green beans, or peppers and mushrooms. Here is a link to one recipe, and I'm sure there is another in the IP recipe link at the beginning of this forum, Lisa always has them there.

http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/s...d-cauliflower/
  • Thanks everyone for your well wishes I've actually been researching Ideal Protein and reading these forums for a few weeks now so I'm WELL prepared.

This morning I made Lisa's Zucchini Muffins and now I'm in the process of making one of Liz's veggie puree recipe to add to my Broc Soup for lunch (lunch for me since I'm post night shift)!
  • Quote: I had a burger and rutabaga fries a couple nights ago with homemade mayo and WF ketchup and fresh garden tomatoes! It was sooooo good!
    Do you happen to have the recipe for your mayo? I've seen one on here before using tofu and lemon juice or what not.
  • Happy Monday! I am glad to see the newbies and congrats on the losses and other successes. Good WI today. I really love my coach. She knows that I do a mixture of IP and alternatives and reminded me that I was NOT obligated to buy any IP products if I did not need them. I wish everyone had a coach that supportive. She makes it easy to stay focused on the weight loss rather than on making money for the center.
  • Quote: That sounds good! What do you use for sauce? I am assuming you are using turnips or rutabega for the 'potato' chunks in the sauce.. What other veggies to you add?
    Amberjules has a recipe that is really good. You can find it on her blog at
    www.lamberjules.com.

I have made it a couple of times and it is yummy. Xanthan gum is the thickener and I bought mine at my local health foods store. I add a splash of Worcestershire instead of the herbs she uses. You can customize with any veggies you prefer.

Happy cooking.

Oh, i had to mention i made oatmeal zucchini muffins today and they were so good. DH liked them a lot. I googled the recipe and found a good one at idealproteinnova.blogspot.com. it was the first search result when i googled ideal protein oatmeal zucchini muffins.
    Lisa: you have mentioned them so many times i just had to try them. Thank you!
  • Hello all! Made it safely to Minneapolis, time to eat then hit the pool!

The road trip wasn't bad - I grabbed some pre-cut peppers and a bag of salad at Target and "snacked" on that in the car on the way down. Oh and if anyone happened to see a crazy woman mixing an IP drink in the parking lot of the Target in Grand Forks this afternoon...well, it might have been me

Welcome to all the newbies and yay for all the good weekends, Mondays, WI and just general good feelings.

Jo