3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Monday 8/12/3013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/286122-ip-daily-chat-monday-8-12-3013-a.html)

ktgrrl 08-12-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita75 (Post 4814555)
Oh, and have a "safe word" for your friends and family. There are times when you simply can't deal with "life" or people due to hunger or whatever. My safe work for my boyfriend and friends was/is "bananas." I only have to say that I am feeling bananas and it is understood to just leave me be. :)

Love this!! I'm thinking I might have to come up with something similar. Though... bananas is a pretty good one!!

dak1lls 08-12-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradogirl (Post 4814504)
That's great! Congratulations on being so close to goal, and I am so happy to hear you've found something that will stay with you for the rest of your life. Please do continue to visit, I love to see people at (or close) goal enjoying themselves and bragging!

Congratulations, wahoo! Almost to 40 lbs! And yes, I feel like that every day! I feel so full at night that I am sad because I am sure I'll see gain in the morning. I have a lot of thoughts like, I put too much milk in my coffee, I'll probably gain. I have probably gone over on my weekly tomato limit, I'm probably going to gain. Then when I lose I'm just... absolutely flabbergasted that no only have I found something that works, but it continues to work. It's not too good to be true. I'm really doing this. And so are you! :) I found some tomato bruschetta in a jar at king soopers that is OP and SO delicious... I put in on some Boneless/skinless chicken breast and it really hit my craving for italian. I thought, this is way too good to be OP!!!!

Thanks! I can't believe I am close to 40 lbs lost. I remember thinking "What if I am the one person who IP doesn't work for?" At the beginning it seems like it will take forever to get to goal. I have to hand it to those who have so much more to lose than 50 lbs. You are so right, it really works and it is so worth it. Of course I can't have some things, but I can have so many good things and I really think about what is going in my mouth now!

Bellamack 08-12-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balanced Life (Post 4814606)
I hear you! My whole family is and always has been overweight to the point of obesity. Several years ago when I decided to become "athletic" they were not very supportive. Now they complain that I am " too skinny" and obviously " not healthy" which is totally untrue. Honestly in my opinion, except for the lack of fruit, I find OP to be pretty reasonable and not extreme at all. When I start heavy marathon training again, I will add fruit and targeted grains for specific workout, but really I eat veggies and meat mostly any way. I have 15 lbs to go to goal and actually then hope to gain back 5 -7 lbs of muscle as my racing weight is predicted at 127. I guess to my family this " healthy stuff" is crap, I'd rather be having surgery for a torn rotator cuff that I got while racing than have 3 heart attacks like my Dad at 55. Stick to it and do what's right for you! Only you really know! :hug:

Well, My hubby had a heart attack at 55 and 3 stents put in, it was a quick simple procedure. He has inherited heart disease, because he eats well, exercises and is not overweight. Me, I have great BP, Cholestrol, etc. but have had open rotator cuff and arthroscopic rotator cuff tear and decompression surgery. I am right now 2 1/2 weeks out of surgery and this surgery is NO PICNIC, so becareful what you say!

For the person who had a hard time fitting in "food" because of a tight work schedule, you must try Proti Diet Chocolate Dream bars, they are like a Nestle Crunch bar, they are scored, so I break them up into the little squares and put them in a snack baggie and put them right in my pocket and all afternoon I can reach in and let one melt in my mouth. They are totally OP as a restricted, hope that helps!

thinnerJ 08-12-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4814422)
I am in charge. Not the food.
No feeding the craving monster!

Lisa, not sure how your posts always end up being so timely for me, but they are!! I absolutely am thinking this way today as it is TOM and I was woken too early this morning so I'm super Mrs. Cranky Pants today. I'm really wanting chocolate and crunchy stuff. I already had half of my strawberry wafer and will thoroughly enjoy the other half later tonight but I will not feed the craving monster today!

In addition to learning to eat more veggies, this diet is definitely training me to not feed the cravings when tired, grumpy, stressed, upset, etc. At some point I'll grab a bottle of Activate and enjoy that as a treat.

FrostyBobber 08-12-2013 03:20 PM

I have searched the 'alternative' threads and have yet to find a 'concrete' replacement for the IP drinks that contain collagen.. as I lose I am worried about the excess skin and cellulite issues..

Did I miss it or does anyone have any ideas?

jessrm 08-12-2013 03:29 PM

Thanks very much sarita75...I had my lunch veggies and almost immediately felt better.

thinnerJ 08-12-2013 03:46 PM

NSV: Just pulled my belt buckle in one more notch. After the next notch I'll have to start drilling holes in the belt! Finally getting comments from folks too, took nearly 30lbs for folks to notice.

bimnd113 08-12-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyBobber (Post 4814704)
I have searched the 'alternative' threads and have yet to find a 'concrete' replacement for the IP drinks that contain collagen.. as I lose I am worried about the excess skin and cellulite issues..

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/gelatins/
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...sucralose.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...zzy-7-box.html

Gelatin = denatured collagen...there are a ton of drinks at nashua that have gelatin, plus you can also find collagen supplements which you should take with Vitamin C to boost.

psjones 08-12-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4814698)
Proti Diet Chocolate Dream bars, they are like a Nestle Crunch bar, they are scored, so I break them up into the little squares and put them in a snack baggie and put them right in my pocket and all afternoon I can reach in and let one melt in my mouth. They are totally OP as a restricted, hope that helps!

The protein, 10g, per bar is lower than any IP products, so some may not consider them to be OP.

meinola 08-12-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyBobber (Post 4814704)

FrostyBobber, I have been taking a collagen supplement for probably about 2 weeks now. I haven't lost that much weight yet (to notice loose skin), but I have noticed improvement in the appearance of cellulite on my thighs. The one I'm taking has Vitamin C in it, so you don't have to add any. I take it first thing in the AM, and right before bed. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm also using St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Cream all over after I bathe.

65X65 08-12-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meinola (Post 4814661)
Hi all. Feeling a bit down today, although not sure why. (TOM is nearly upon me, so maybe I should blame that.) I still feel like I am doing something wrong, not on OP, or not ENOUGH on OP. I'm looking at my progress chart and seeing the inches/weight lost, but I am still not comfortable in a smaller pant size. And still have not felt any boost in energy. These things come with time, but I guess I feel like I should be doing MORE to speed it along. I'm planning on trying some light Pilates this week to help tone and will ask my coach if more packets are needed on the days I do that.

Meinola-
PATIENCE is the operative word! Often the size changes don't happen as fast as the inches or even pounds would make you want or think ...HEY.....IT'S TIME! I dropped sizes very slowly in spite of losing a lot of inches right out of the starting gate. My body really took it's own sweet time reshaping to fit into the next size down. HOWEVER***** once that began happening... enough to know I needed some new slacks at the very least...(around St. Pats Day to be exact...it was 2+ months and about 25 lbs off for me...)Then woweee...I dropped 3 sizes in about 6-8 weeks...By early June another 2 sizes off so the first batch of stuff was hanging low...and again through July ...more shrinking! Yesterday I had another closet festival ...That's where I clear out the last batch of stuff that is too big in preparation to go shopping again. So it is a good thing to initially plan on shopping at consignment shops or whatever your community has along that line.

Be patient ...it will happen and when it does enjoy-enjoy-enjoy! Just in time for fall and the changeover of colors and fabrics!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodluck:

FrostyBobber 08-12-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meinola (Post 4814732)
FrostyBobber, I have been taking a collagen supplement for probably about 2 weeks now. I haven't lost that much weight yet (to notice loose skin), but I have noticed improvement in the appearance of cellulite on my thighs. The one I'm taking has Vitamin C in it, so you don't have to add any. I take it first thing in the AM, and right before bed. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm also using St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Cream all over after I bathe.

I will look into that! Thanks :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimnd113 (Post 4814723)
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/gelatins/
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...sucralose.html
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...zzy-7-box.html

Gelatin = denatured collagen...there are a ton of drinks at nashua that have gelatin, plus you can also find collagen supplements which you should take with Vitamin C to boost.

lol... I just placed my order with them today.... guess I will be doing it again! :) These drinks are all allowed on IP without restriction, or am I using them as a meal?

meinola 08-12-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65X65 (Post 4814745)
Meinola-
PATIENCE is the operative word! Often the size changes don't happen as fast as the inches or even pounds would make you want or think ...HEY.....IT'S TIME! I dropped sizes very slowly in spite of losing a lot of inches right out of the starting gate. My body really took it's own sweet time reshaping to fit into the next size down. HOWEVER***** once that began happening... enough to know I needed some new slacks at the very least...(around St. Pats Day to be exact...it was 2+ months and about 25 lbs off for me...)Then woweee...I dropped 3 sizes in about 6-8 weeks...By early June another 2 sizes off so the first batch of stuff was hanging low...and again through July ...more shrinking! Yesterday I had another closet festival ...That's where I clear out the last batch of stuff that is too big in preparation to go shopping again. So it is a good thing to initially plan on shopping at consignment shops or whatever your community has along that line.

Be patient ...it will happen and when it does enjoy-enjoy-enjoy! Just in time for fall and the changeover of colors and fabrics!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodluck:

Thanks 65x65, I really am feeling great about the diet for the most part. I'm sure it's TOM getting me in the doldrums. Closet cleaning has to be done pretty soon. I have THREE to get through! (Ah the joys of single life. :D)

65X65 08-12-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meinola (Post 4814752)
Thanks 65x65, I really am feeling great about the diet for the most part. I'm sure it's TOM getting me in the doldrums. Closet cleaning has to be done pretty soon. I have THREE to get through! (Ah the joys of single life. :D)

OOhh....you're gonna have fun replacing all of that!!! We need a thread for us shopping queens!

bimnd113 08-12-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyBobber (Post 4814747)
lol... I just placed my order with them today.... guess I will be doing it again! :) These drinks are all allowed on IP without restriction, or am I using them as a meal?

The drinks and "jello"s are equal to a IP unrestricted packet. Some of the soups should also have gelatin.