Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Ahh, just when you think you're making progress someone has to burst your bubble.

I was shopping for an event next weekend and asked the saleswoman at Macy's where the dress section was. She pointed me to the plus-size department and told me I would find what I was looking for there
So sorry that happened to you.
Don't you wish you coulda found her & shoved those sizes in her face?

Somebody said to me the other day, "Lisa, have you lost some weight?"
REALLY???
95 lbs just looks like "some"???
Some people have powerful observational skills LOL.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
IGNORE the twit and DO NOT let her bring you down!!!!! Look what you have accomplished. Some people are just MEAN and we need to steer clear of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Um, IPN - you've lost over 100lbs...do not let this stupid person ruin that for you! I bet you looked awesome in whatever you choose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
So sorry that happened to you.
Don't you wish you coulda found her & shoved those sizes in her face?

Somebody said to me the other day, "Lisa, have you lost some weight?"
REALLY???
95 lbs just looks like "some"???
Some people have powerful observational skills LOL.
Thanks ladies!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #48  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post
Not IP, just a humorous conversation with a 4 year old when driving into the city last night.

LO: Mommy! Mommy! That horse has three back legs.
Me: *blank stare* ok... sure. Let's go with that

I am DYING. Kids are SO funny!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Whoop whoop! My weigh in yesterday put me at 20.4 lbs lost. My mini goal was 20 lbs. Next mini goal is 25!

Such an awesome feeling especially when people are starting to notice. 2 of my best friends have now joined IP. I kept my diet a secret for quite sometime and was waiting for people to notice. It's happened!
What a great feeling, congratulations!! I had one person say (jokingly) "So, how much meth are you doing to have dropped so much weight so quickly?" LOL! I couldn't help but blush and gush about IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinkmeplease View Post
Ugh bad start to the day. WI 2 done and only 2 lbs down (no cheats)
Look at my week 3! Don't lose hope! I went in on Thursday evening at 170. Then this morning I woke up at 168! You might drop extra next week, but you might not. The point is don't lose faith in the diet, slow weeks happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll50something View Post
Just hoping to do better in keeping up with this message board, so thought joining would be the best idea. Great day to look forward to. Have already lost 22 lbs!
Congrats on your 22 lbs!! And welcome, glad you joined up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Ahh, just when you think you're making progress someone has to burst your bubble.

I was shopping for an event next weekend and asked the saleswoman at Macy's where the dress section was. She pointed me to the plus-size department and told me I would find what I was looking for there
What! F*** that b****. That's all I have to say about that. You are kicking butt, screw her, and you will rock the s*** out of those dresses, woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBobber View Post
Epic Fail today... bad mood, tired.. fell WAY off the wagon... Had pizza today...boooooo.... but tomorrows another day and a fresh start...because if I didn't fall outta ketosis today.. I would be amazed!

Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to jumpstart myself back into ketosis a little more quickly... yes, I know, don't cheat! lol

This is not a boo hoo post.. I made a mistake and am trying to get back on a horse that’s now prob running away from me

I will be cracking down on myself.. and since this was my first slip, will make sure it’s my last...

Hope everyone is having a more productive weekend!
We all make mistakes! Kind of sucks you did it so early though! The first week is always the hardest, don't forget that! Once you get through the first week it's a breeze, and you will look forward to getting on the scale each week. (Or day -and sometimes also night- if you are bad like me). And I don't know of anyway to jump start ketosis, Your body is an amazing machine and will do it on its own, in the time that is healthy for it Tomorrow's a new day!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #49  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post
Not IP, just a humorous conversation with a 4 year old when driving into the city last night.

LO: Mommy! Mommy! That horse has three back legs.
Me: *blank stare* ok... sure. Let's go with that

That's hilarious!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #50  

If you are ever wondering, I wonder if WF marshmallow cream will dissolve in my coffee and make it creamy and delicious... the answer is NO. It stays a gelatin-like clump of ultra sweet dissapointment. So far the only thing I like the marshmallow creme is i will throw a dollop in with some ice and spinach instead of musclemilk if I want to save my IP packet for later. Anyone else use it, and if so what on?
Old 08-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
What! F*** that b****. That's all I have to say about that. You are kicking butt, screw her, and you will rock the s*** out of those dresses, woman.
Haha, thank you. I needed that!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #52  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
If you are ever wondering, I wonder if WF marshmallow cream will dissolve in my coffee and make it creamy and delicious... the answer is NO. It stays a gelatin-like clump of ultra sweet dissapointment. So far the only thing I like the marshmallow creme is i will throw a dollop in with some ice and spinach instead of musclemilk if I want to save my IP packet for later. Anyone else use it, and if so what on?
Rainbow has a recipe for Whoopie Pies using the Protidiet Chocolate Cake and the WF Marshmallow Cream as the filling. I have not heard good things about the cream but itsure looked good in the photos she posted in her volume 2 recipe thread. I am thinking I will order the cake next time from Nashua and make them. I tried her blueberry scones this morning and DH liked them. It was nice to bake something.

Last edited by dak1lls; 08-10-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #53  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

I ordered the WF choc spread and the WF peanutbutter (before I read the PB reviews ).. I will hafta say the choc spread reminds me of Nutella.. I am thinking of trying it in my coffee...

Anyone try this yet?

By the way, I also order the Chipolte Ranch (WF) and it was awesome!

Last edited by FrostyBobber; 08-10-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 212/212/170

Height: 5'9"

Happy weekend all! It's heartening to hear everyone's stories. I'm going back on phase I on Monday after having been on phase 4 for a while...moved and started a new job and my coach thought it would be better to focus on those things, maintain, and then start back on phase I.

I work fairly long shifts (12-14 hrs per day without any breaks to eat) so I'm a little nervous about how I'm going to be able to eat all my meals and not grab the fastest, closest thing the second I walk out the door from work. Here's hoping. Thanks to everyone for all your advice and support.

Be well,
Claire
Old 08-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireBear514 View Post
Happy weekend all! It's heartening to hear everyone's stories. I'm going back on phase I on Monday after having been on phase 4 for a while...moved and started a new job and my coach thought it would be better to focus on those things, maintain, and then start back on phase I.

I work fairly long shifts (12-14 hrs per day without any breaks to eat) so I'm a little nervous about how I'm going to be able to eat all my meals and not grab the fastest, closest thing the second I walk out the door from work. Here's hoping. Thanks to everyone for all your advice and support.

Be well,
Claire

You can't possibly work 12-14 hrs with no breaks, that isn't legal. There's got to be some way to make it work? I used to work 12 hr (7am- 7pm) shifts in a cleanroom, I got two 25 min breaks and one 45 for lunch. I would eat cirspy cereal for breafast every day, I would eat either my veggies or my IP snack on my first 25m break, then at lunch I'd eat either my veggies or IP packet, then on my last 25m I'd eat another IP snack (instead of before bed). Then when I got home all I had to do was take vitamins and throw some beef patties and broccoli in the microwave (or whatever). Are you at a desk or are you on your feet? Do you have access to water at all times? That was what I struggled with was having to keep leaving my work area to use the restroom because of all the water we have to drink!

Last edited by coloradogirl; 08-10-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 212/212/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Coloradogirl,

Thanks so much for your thoughtful reply and good advice. I'm a medical resident, so we tend to work fairly ridiculous hours without breaks, unfortunately. On good days I can pee, and sometimes I can drink water, but very rarely can we take 10 minutes to eat. On good days I was thinking I might bring some almonds in my pocket to try to eat en route to the bathroom, or an IP bar to snack on in the stairway between floors. I know that almonds technically aren't allowed on phase I, but I wonder if that would be an appropriate compromise. Alternatively, I'll work on eating IP meals before and after, and trying for a bar during a shift. That's my current plan.

Cheers,
Claire
Old 08-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 195/182/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBobber View Post
Epic Fail today... bad mood, tired.. fell WAY off the wagon... Had pizza today...boooooo.... but tomorrows another day and a fresh start...because if I didn't fall outta ketosis today.. I would be amazed!

Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to jumpstart myself back into ketosis a little more quickly... yes, I know, don't cheat! lol

This is not a boo hoo post.. I made a mistake and am trying to get back on a horse that’s now prob running away from me

I will be cracking down on myself.. and since this was my first slip, will make sure it’s my last...

Hope everyone is having a more productive weekend!
Two weeks ago I had a major cheat day - I ate sausages for breakfast, buffalo wings for lunch, pizza for dinner and washed it all down with some vodka and a litre of sprite. Needless to say I had a great day... however, I was very surprised to see that for days after getting right back on the program I was still gaining weight. That week I put on 2.5 lbs and a week later I had lost it again. So effectively the cheat day cost me 2 weeks, but on the plus side I really enjoyed it and I did get to learn for myself what the cost of cheating is. I really hope you dont have the same experience but whatever happens just get back on it and in a matter of days it will be like it never happened.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I started making freezer meals last week and my freezer is nearly full! I made meals, snacks, breakfast and a even dessert but of course none of its for me, lol! But the big compliant last time was that my family didn't eat healthy when I was dieting so I decided to make my life easier and get it done all at once. I shouldn't have to do more than throw things in the oven for my family. I made everything from scratch even!

I'm .4 away from the 150's on my scale which seems to be 1lb lighter than the clinic. But it's more of a loss than I had last week. I admit I was tempted by the chocolate chip cookies I made yesterday, especially with a 0 week but I decided it wasn't worth it. I know it's hard for me to get back on track if I cheat so I'm not going down that road.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:44 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
You can't possibly work 12-14 hrs with no breaks, that isn't legal. There's got to be some way to make it work? I used to work 12 hr (7am- 7pm) shifts in a cleanroom, I got two 25 min breaks and one 45 for lunch. I would eat cirspy cereal for breafast every day, I would eat either my veggies or my IP snack on my first 25m break, then at lunch I'd eat either my veggies or IP packet, then on my last 25m I'd eat another IP snack (instead of before bed). Then when I got home all I had to do was take vitamins and throw some beef patties and broccoli in the microwave (or whatever). Are you at a desk or are you on your feet? Do you have access to water at all times? That was what I struggled with was having to keep leaving my work area to use the restroom because of all the water we have to drink!
Trust me, even if it isnt legal thats what happens when you are a nurse or doctor. I work 13 hr shifts and often dont get more than maybe 15min if Im lucky. Ive had many bladder infections because I didnt even get to pee once with a demanding patient load.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

AlaskanRN I know it all too well. I too work in a hospital with scheduled pts, but also walk-ins, add-ons, emergency pts and pts that just show up on wrong days. I don't get breaks but I do get some sort of lunch most days. Lunch may be only 10 minutes, but I will sit for a few and make the pts. wait. I need that time to regroup and revive. I usually work a 10hr day, I do ultrasound, its a different sort of pt care that you or Clair do but working short staffed and overbooked daily, trying to stay on schedule, so I get it.

Happy Sunday everyone!!! Chocolate spinach shake for breakfast........mmmmm Last night went out to dinner, its not easy for a vegetarian at a Portuguese restaurant. I had some blackened tofu before leaving and just ate broccoli and green beans there. Its hubby's favorite place, oh the things we do to keep them happy.
Closed Thread