Cheat days on Ideal Protein??

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Strongisthenewskinny - The thing is that a person can be expected to lose anywhere between 1-7 lbs per week on this diet, but if you don't have as much fat to lose, the losses will be slower. Also sometimes you see no loss, or gain, for seemingly no reason at random times. You are having very high expectations to loose the max amount every week with that deadline. If you work out, the losses will be slower. Most home scales can't track the fat that's being replaced with muscle. I think if you want to continue on IP and do exercise, you should be fine with just adding the extra egg whites. If you feel hungry/dizzy, have more. You know yourself, feel it out. Good luck!!
  • Oh and to answer your original question - you can stay in ketosis eating that many calories/day if you wanted to do that, I *think* you have to eat very low carb. Google ketogenic diets. Please make sure you are still taking all your vitamins if you do, though! Be careful! Ketosis can WRECK your kidneys and saps the calcium out of your bones, that's why we supplement so much. I think it is much safer to just stay on IP and trust your body to burn the fat.
  • My first round with IP, I was 100% OP for 5 months with a moderate walk every day and my average over 5 months was 1.75 lbs per week. Yes, I am post menopause and hypothyroid, but your expectations are far from "reality". Don't set yourself up for injury or failure, take the plan for what it is. Are you getting 1 Million dollars if you lose the weight in that amount of time? I don't understand your timeline. Treat your body like the temple that it is
  • Ketogenic vs Ideal protien
    What is the difference between these two diets? They both put you in Ketosis.
  • Quote: What is the difference between these two diets? They both put you in Ketosis.
    Ideal Protein is a ketogenic diet.
  • Quote: The diet and exercise don't mix. Some folks, like me, can't do any exercise on this plan. It can be dangerous!
    Many people on IP can do moderate exercise. It's important to me to have exercise as a part of my routine so that I can be healthy and fit, not just at goal weight, when I finish this diet. I wanted to start while I am still on IP, so that moving into maintenance it will already be second nature.

I started out with a coach and then moved to alternatives when I could no longer afford the clinic and IP products. At the time my coach (and I know the information we're given does vary) advocated 30 minutes of light to moderate cardio, not getting your heart rate up too high, as well as some light weight lifting for toning. I've found that it works for me and I feel much better since adding that into my routine.
  • I know for me having to lose 25 1bs and being a person who also must exercise or go nuts, I just do pilates and Calanetics. It keeps you tight and strong. Both of these are like good old fashioned Yoga too. I do an hour 4 times to 5 times a week. I add a packet every day. Im losing slower, and because my work is strenuous- I didn't really lose till I actually added a packet. Cardio seems nuts on this diet and cardio that many days a week seems like a train wreck. You have to have a day of rest after every hard core work out...anyway I'm new to your forum but this is my 2 cents. Thanks.
  • New folks

Remember to look at dates when replying to threads
    Some are old. Some are duplicates & don't need bumping

For tis thread topic: there aren't cheat days on IP. If those are important to you, I'd suggest picking a more flexible plan