Cravings and fixes

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I am new to IP and on my fourth week...I have not cheated at all but my occasional cravings are consuming a lot of my energy. I want to start a list of cravings and allowed snack ideas that satisfy. I am still on the clinic menu and have not been allowed to pick my own food yet.

my overwhelming craving: dark chocolate bar (something I can bite into but has that melting quality) I have had the soy puffs, choc drink, milk and dark choc pudding. They are all good but doesn't quite quench the call for real chocolate. All of the "sugarfree chocolate I find in the store have maltitol which is very close to sugar and I do not want to slow down my weight loss.

Thanks in advance!
  • I can't help much for the chocolate cravings, but for some reason when I am craving anything salty, a dill pickle takes the craving away. Maybe try freezing the pudding or chocolate drink into an ice cube tray? Then it would literally melt in your mouth.
  • Take Walden farms chocolate sauce and freeze it in drops then the chocolate will melt in your mouth when you have a piece. I'm just finished my second week and I feel ya. I really miss my peanut butter
  • Perhaps look into Quest bars? The chocolate chip cookie dough works for my cravings!
  • I made a delicious discovery recently but I don't quite think my suggestion is what you are looking for even though it does involve chocolate flavor.

White chocolate strawberry drink:

La Croix sparkling water, plain
    WF strawberry syrup
    Torani SF white chocolate syrup

Wow, this is a really delicious drink.
  • I have a caramel nut bar feels like I am cheating!
  • I have heard freezing the chocolate WF suryp works!
  • Caramel nut bar is my go to for a candy bar fix. Ask for one of those at your next appt.
  • Thanks! I will ask for some of the bars when I go in this week!
    I will also look into getting some of the WF chocolate syrup. I bought two of their salad dressings but didn't like them.
  • Quote: I have a caramel nut bar feels like I am cheating!
    Quote: Caramel nut bar is my go to for a candy bar fix. Ask for one of those at your next appt.
    I totally agree!!! Caramel Nut bars taste like a real candy bar. Totally satisfies my cravings.
  • For my fruit cravings, I cook 8 cups rhubarb with 1/2 cup water, generous amount of pumpkin pie spices, 2 tsp vanilla, and 8-10 packets of stevia. I boil on the stove for about 10-15 minutes, until the rhubarb starts to break down, and then I add 4-6 tbsp WF raspberry fruit spread (the jam, not the syrup) & 2 knox gelatine packets and turn off the stove. This makes 8 1/2 cup servings (it usually cooks down by about half, I measure it out to be sure) of veggies that taste JUST like fruit. When it cools, it has a pudding/thick jello consistency. So yummy. I am eating it now.
  • I am actuality craving the breads... like pizza crust and the crunch of a crunchy taco... Or a pretzel... anyone know how to fix that? Even once a week, some secret squirrel IP packet/WF recipe?

• Quote: I am actuality craving the breads... like pizza crust and the crunch of a crunchy taco... Or a pretzel... anyone know how to fix that? Even once a week, some secret squirrel IP packet/WF recipe?

IP restricteds: SW curls, white cheddar crisps, dill zippers, etc for the crunch.

Rainbow's (potato puree) breadsticks are yummy too!
  • WF chocolate syrup in a medicine cup. Freeze one layer. When at least partially frozen add a layer of WF Carmel syrup. Freeze again and top with another chocolate layer. My version of a rolo candy. Yummy!
  • Quote: WF chocolate syrup in a medicine cup. Freeze one layer. When at least partially frozen add a layer of WF Carmel syrup. Freeze again and top with another chocolate layer. My version of a rolo candy. Yummy!
    Note to self: buy WF Caramel syrup on Saturday!