Share your Favorite Tips/Tricks/Good ideas!

• Share your personal favorite tips/tricks/good ideas since starting IP (diet-related & maximum 3).

• My top 3 tips are:

1. Peppermint tea: wards off hunger - sometimes, freshens breath (ketosis gives me bad breath), tastes good and helps digestion.

2. Mouthwash! I carry a sample size in my purse and go into the bathroom and use it whenever I am tempted by food that is placed out or offered to me (i.e. dessert time after a meal with others, food at the office, etc.). The minty feeling makes me not want to eat anymore... at least for a little while.

3. Drink water with a straw - somehow, I drink more that way!
  • 1. Always have veggies cut up in the fridge, ready to grab-and-go.

2. Buy my husband snacks that I don't like, that way there is no temptation for me, and he doesn't have to be deprived just because I am on a diet.

3. Not really a tip, but I love that my fridge has a water and ice dispenser built right in to it. I can't stand drinking warm water, so it really helps me to make sure I'm getting all of my water in!
  • I have a hard time getting all the salt in, so I put it in my water!
  • 1. Sunday is prep day! Cut up veggies and make purees for the week. Cut up meats and seperate. Good to cook a couple of days ahead.

2. Purees in soup. I'm not a veggie fan yet, so I get 2 cups down this way, and it makes the soup so much more filling.

3. Spinach shake for breakfast. 1/4 salt and your oil in at the same time (making sure I get everything in for the day, everyday!!)
  • Make the puddings in the shaker WITHOUT the shaker ball.... This was the best tip I came across, just make sure you seal and shake vigorously
  • I'm not much of a meat eater, so I split my 8 oz of lean protein into 2 servings, lunch and dinner. I added grilled chicken tenders, sauteed mushroom, green onion, and squash to my chicken noodle soup for lunch today. It was delicious!

I'm only on day 4 of Phase 1, but I weighed in today and I was down 4.2 lbs already!!! Loving this!!!
  • Quote: Buy my husband snacks that I don't like, that way there is no temptation for me, and he doesn't have to be deprived just because I am on a diet
    I did that too susie! Bought him a big ol'bag of those nasty dad's oatmeal and chocolate chips

I go to tim hortons for coffee several nites a week and always have something to eat - more out of habit than anything so was a bit worried about that
    Now I just take my restricted snack with me and eat it there!
  • 1. Plan ahead and have extra packets in your purse and/or at work.
    2. Experiment with cooking, like zucchini muffins, rutabaga fries, zucchini chips.
    3. Don't get discouraged if you gain or stay the same one week. IP works, and it does come off, you just have to be patient!
  • It is all about the planning! I have an emergency pack I keep in my purse with IP packs, salt, olive oil packs, days worth of vitamins, walden farms dressings, splenda, etc. Was great when I was traveling!
  • 1. any hot drink will make you feel fuller and aide digestion....so any kind of tea (no sugar added etc) or chicken broth (just make sure its 0/0/0)

2. add veggies to soups or shakes, make muffins with zucchini (see recipe thread for information) to help get your veggies in

3. Know that this will take time, for some of us a LOT of time, but sticking with it 100% will give you the results you desire. Small slips up are bound to happen, don't beat yourself up over them. This program is about establishing a healthy relationship with food ..it is not a quick fix (tho the weekly losses are very motivational).