IP Daily Chat Thursday 8/1/2013

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: Hello! I am brand new to posting here, although I have been reading up on Ideal Protein for a couple of weeks, and reading a lot of these forums and I am excited to begin! I am getting up the guts to phone and make an appointment. There are at least four IP centers where I live, and I want to be sure to choose the right one!

I see in the instructions at the beginning of this page to check the "stickies," I am not sure what that means! I've never heard of that before, please help?

Welcome - ask away and you will soon be a pro!

Stickies are posts (topics) that are permanently "stuck" at the beginning of all the other posts. They are usually filled with the most helpful and important things you need to know and easily find: IP protocol sheets; common questions; etc. also every day there is a Daily Chat thread and the first post in it will also have links to the stickies and other important info so it's always easy to find.

Since you are LUCKY to have 4 clinics to choose from, I suggest you do something most don't get to do - interview each clinic coach and learn about how they approach IP with clients. You might want to start by reading the thread What Do You Wish Your Coach Told You. I just bumped it up for you so you can find it on the first page (or second depending how soon you look!)

Make a list of things to ask: how long is a typical weekly check in? Do you weigh and measure clients each week; what kind of information and tips will I get from you each week; how will you help me stay motivated; will I see you (or the same coach) each week (be sure you get to meet YOUR potential coach) ... Get a feel for how you relate to them. As you read more here you will find that while IP is a set program, not all coaches are the same nor do they all follow/interpret IP exactly the same. Knowledge varies among them. Don't be afraid to ask questions and find a good match for you. Remember, you are paying them for a very important service and you want the right match!

And even with an excellent coach, visit here often, read everything, and trust the program. If you follow it, you will lose... NO, I mean you will WIN!!!
  • Quote: Hello & Welcome! On the main page of the ideal protein forum (above all the threads) are two Stickies. Hope I'm explaining it enough. If not, ask again.
    I found it! I thought it was something at the top of every page. Thank you!!
  • Thanks SuzieV!
    Quote: Hello & Welcome! On the main page of the ideal protein forum (above all the threads) are two Stickies. Hope I'm explaining it enough. If not, ask again.
    Quote: Welcome - ask away and you will soon be a pro!

Stickies are posts (topics) that are permanently "stuck" at the beginning of all the other posts. They are usually filled with the most helpful and important things you need to know and easily find: IP protocol sheets; common questions; etc. also every day there is a Daily Chat thread and the first post in it will also have links to the stickies and other important info so it's always easy to find.

Since you are LUCKY to have 4 clinics to choose from, I suggest you do something most don't get to do - interview each clinic coach and learn about how they approach IP with clients. You might want to start by reading the thread What Do You Wish Your Coach Told You. I just bumped it up for you so you can find it on the first page (or second depending how soon you look!)

Make a list of things to ask: how long is a typical weekly check in? Do you weigh and measure clients each week; what kind of information and tips will I get from you each week; how will you help me stay motivated; will I see you (or the same coach) each week (be sure you get to meet YOUR potential coach) ... Get a feel for how you relate to them. As you read more here you will find that while IP is a set program, not all coaches are the same nor do they all follow/interpret IP exactly the same. Knowledge varies among them. Don't be afraid to ask questions and find a good match for you. Remember, you are paying them for a very important service and you want the right match!

And even with an excellent coach, visit here often, read everything, and trust the program. If you follow it, you will lose... NO, I mean you will WIN!!!
    Thank you for the great reply! I found the stickies- I didn't realize they were on the main page. The "What do you wish your coach had told you" page was one of the first one I found here, and I devoured it! Definitely good to know all of those things ahead of time, but I think that I can handle it. The symptoms of ketosis and hair-loss are the most daunting, but doable! I am very excited to see results and then have returned energy to get active again with less junk in my trunk!

Yes, I definitely want to ask each clinic what they will be offering. I for sure want a clinic that is more than just a cashier with a scale.

If you don't mind my asking, what has been the most challenging part of the process for you?

Thank you again!
  • Quote: Thank you for the great reply! I found the stickies- I didn't realize they were on the main page. The "What do you wish your coach had told you" page was one of the first one I found here, and I devoured it! Definitely good to know all of those things ahead of time, but I think that I can handle it. The symptoms of ketosis and hair-loss are the most daunting, but doable! I am very excited to see results and then have returned energy to get active again with less junk in my trunk!

Yes, I definitely want to ask each clinic what they will be offering. I for sure want a clinic that is more than just a cashier with a scale.

If you don't mind my asking, what has been the most challenging part of the process for you?
    Being patient and trusting that it works

Definitely interview. I did. The phone calls were very revealing.
  • I had my first weigh in today... down 4 lbs.