Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Great news for me today- praying works lol. My surgery scheduled for 9/5 got moved up to 8/22! This means I can get back into activity while it is still Fall! I am thrilled. I plan to ask for just a saline IV for the surgery and my husband will be at the ready with shakes and bars when I wake up and can eat. I've been starting the day off with salt water and it definitely makes a difference. Daughter is on day 3 today and hanging in through the withdrawal. She was far more addicted to sugar than I so it's tough but she loves the food ! have a blessed day everyone!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #17  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning IP peeps!
I know fluctuations are normal, but I was up .6 today, and kind of baffled because I have been 100% lately. Friday night I may have had a sauce on some chicken that had sugar in it. but since then, 100%, and before that, 100%. I have not been measuring my veggies & olive oil like I should, so i'll be doing that from now on & hopefully my losses will get going again! Last week (week 10) I lost 5lb! my biggest loss since the very beginning! So hopefully, accurately measuring will keep me in the clear!
I, like Lisa, plan on phasing out after Halloween to help me deal with the holidays better. If I keep it up & can lose an average of 3.6lb a week til then, i'll actually hit my goal!! If that doesn't happen, itll be phase 1 for me again after the beginning of the year. Oh, how I would love to finish & say I lost 85lb in 5 months!

Last edited by theEguarantee; 07-31-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Last week was my 10th week OP, not 9th. Further along than i thought! hah!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #18  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I posted this on the alternatives thread but thought I'd share here too:

I placed my second order with Nashua Nutrition today. Some discounts applied, but for 3 weeks of products my total was $104. This would have been over $250 worth of Ideal Protein products. I am so happy I switched to alternatives. Losing weight was becoming such a financial burden on IP. I wish I could afford it, but it is such a relief to order and not "break the bank"!

NSV yesterday: I tried on some size 8 jeans and although they were a bit too tight for my liking, I actually could have worn them! I had a bit of hang over at the waist, but not so much. I really didn't think they'd get past my thighs and was shocked when they pulled right up! Yay!

Hollygb66: the protocol was designed for 2 unrestricted, and 1 restricted every day. Weighing yourself daily will show fluctuations in water weight as well as other bodily products. That is why a weekly weigh in is the best way to track your progress. I like to weigh often as well, but always keep in mind that it may not be an accurate measure of my fat loss every day. I read that IP designed the protocol as they found no reduction in weight loss by having a restricted every day. If you eliminate it based on a day to day weight on the scale you may slow your losses.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 265//200

Height: 5'6"

Long time Lurking, First time posting.
I start my program on Saturday and I am really nervous. Thanks to all of you and your wonderful encouragement and Information. It really helps with me moving forward on my journey.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #20  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagirls12 View Post
Long time Lurking, First time posting.
I start my program on Saturday and I am really nervous. Thanks to all of you and your wonderful encouragement and Information. It really helps with me moving forward on my journey.
Congrats on starting and good luck to you. You will find lots of encouragement here!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #21  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all. After realizing I was seriously not entering in my salad carbs correctly, and seeing a slowing in my weight loss this week, I am turning this train around. It bothered me and continues to bother me that I could have been so daft, but onwards and upwards. Small NSV today. Wearing this colorful pencil skirt that I bought about 2.5 years ago and have never fit into....AND I have my shirt tucked in. Woot. I will try to get a photo at some point.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #22  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good morning all. After realizing I was seriously not entering in my salad carbs correctly, and seeing a slowing in my weight loss this week, I am turning this train around. It bothered me and continues to bother me that I could have been so daft, but onwards and upwards. Small NSV today. Wearing this colorful pencil skirt that I bought about 2.5 years ago and have never fit into....AND I have my shirt tucked in. Woot. I will try to get a photo at some point.
Tucking the shirt in is very cool!
Old 07-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #23  

Height: 6'

Received my blood work results today from my Dr. A1C is now 5.3 which is fantastic because I went from 5.9 to 5.3 with diet alone. I stopped taking the metformin after my last visit 3 months ago. I can now remove my cholesterol meds and have recently reduced my blood pressure meds. Woot Woot!

This diet plan has helped me on my way to become a healthier me at 52 years old. I never thought that this could be possible for me since I have struggled with weight issues my entire life. I'm here to tell anyone who will listen that this plans works if you decide that you want it to work. Like Lisa has said, it is more mental than anything else. I'm thankful that I've finally conquered the mental portion to begin this wonderful journey. Happy hump day everyone!

Last edited by tallgirl231; 07-31-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
You really can't "make up" a packet. The effect would be no different than eating an extra packet on any other day. Let it go - it's really not that big a deal overall. If it happens regularly it would be problematic, but a one-time skip will likely have no effect!
Thanks! That is what I thought- just wanted confirmation from some experts.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Wearing this colorful pencil skirt that I bought about 2.5 years ago and have never fit into....AND I have my shirt tucked in. Woot. I will try to get a photo at some point.
WTG!!!

Last edited by New Englander; 07-31-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #26  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Tucking the shirt in is very cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
WTG!!!
Thanks!!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #27  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Feeling icky today thanks to the big "C". I haven't been eating all my lettuce, so I know why I'm suffering... Just have not been wanting to eat lettuce... Big mistake. Will do better going forward with that.

Just had to get that off my chest with people who understand. Not really something I can verbalize around the office, ha, ha.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 174/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Well I have finally made it to Maintenance. I have 3 pounds to go but after visiting the CrossFit Gym yesterday, they suggested that I start increasing my calories before Monday (Starting Gym Day) so I don't crash & burn

Stay with it everyone because it does work....!!!
Congrats and good luck. new pic looks great!
Old 07-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #29  
started IP 03/18/13

S/C/G: 233/174/180

Height: 6'

Summer has kept me busy and away from the computer (not a bad thing right? lol)

But I haven't left IP in fact I'm in PHASE THREE NOW

I can not believe I have lost 57 POUNDS!and 39.4" over all

I'm also toning up now as I started strength training (slowly) when I entered phase 2 and am IN LOVE with how my body is changing for the better. I HAVE BICEPS and definition in my triceps!!

I'm on a natural high all the time now and can't believe I look the way I do (will have to post before and afters for you soon)

Last edited by cdnmomof2; 07-31-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #30  
Kayl (aka kale) :)

S/C/G: 407/361.4/250ish

Height: 6 feet

Greetings to all! I have been a reader of 3fc for the past 2.5 months now!! I started on this IP adventure on May 17th, 2013. I have never posted on here because I never knew what to write about, etc. Today, I am feeling "I don't know how to handle" this progress that I have been having on this adventure. It is awesome, and I love IP. Well, Since May 17th I have lost 46.6#s and 27.75 inches.... I WI again tomorrow for Week #11. I can't comprehend the fact that I am down a flipping 46.6 pounds. And 27.75inches!! Anyone else feel like that? I see some change in certain parts of my body like my hands and feet, but I personally cant see it other places. I started out being a 5xish top kinda girl, and I can see that those tops are getting really big on me, especially in my scrub tops. My pants are/were 3x and I can see more room there too!! I don't know if I am just expecting to see more of a change than what I am seeing right now, or what the deal is! I know everyone around me sees a different me!! I also like being told that your cloths are getting "too big" on you!! I have never in my life heard that comment before!!!! I kinda like that!! I guess my question is how can I or what can I do to be able to put my hands around the idea that I have lost 46.6 pounds and 27.75 inches? I know I should see more of a difference than I do, but I don't!! I am very very happy being on this IP adventure for the past 11 weeks!! I'm going to keep it up 100% because I have at least another long way to go... I don't have an exact # for that. at least I would think another 150# maybe. Thank you everyone for this awesome website!! It is great inspiration and advice and ideas and tips!! I have learned a lot in the past 11 weeks.... Thanks again....

Last edited by Khoffman; 07-31-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Closed Thread