Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #46  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Hello all,
I talked to a trainer today, and they explained the IP program to me. What other kinds of questions should I ask before I decide to start this program? I have a good 100+ pounds to lose, and I've tried many diets, including WW's and have always been disappointing... My biggest concerns are costs.... What kinds of things can you buy that can help save a little on costs?
I hope that this is the program for me, and I'm glad I found this site, because I'm sure I will need all of the support I can get.
Congratulations to everyone and their successes so far! It's great reading the success stories on here! Gives me hope!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Hello all,
I talked to a trainer today, and they explained the IP program to me. What other kinds of questions should I ask before I decide to start this program? I have a good 100+ pounds to lose, and I've tried many diets, including WW's and have always been disappointing... My biggest concerns are costs.... What kinds of things can you buy that can help save a little on costs?
I hope that this is the program for me, and I'm glad I found this site, because I'm sure I will need all of the support I can get.
Congratulations to everyone and their successes so far! It's great reading the success stories on here! Gives me hope!
Look for and read ALL the Alternative threads (note most are speaking of products that are Alternatives to purchasing the IP products. HOWEVER, there is also an IP Alternative eating protocol more for certain diabetics who need to eat slightly different food combinations than the traditional IP protocol.)

Many on here have done IP eating protocol using Alternative products at a substantial savings and had excellent weight loss success. Often if you do it this way, you can't work with a coach as they are compensated for coaching you by the IP products you are buying from them.

Others (such as myself) started on IP products with IP coaches, got familiar and comfortable with the IP way of eating, had success that way and then started either adding some alternatives while still seeing the coach and buying some IP products. Still others eventually broke completely away from their coaches and IP products at some point in their journey.

I think at least starting with a coach and products is a good idea. It gives you time to both understand the plan and to do lots of reading/research on this forum before starting alternatives , but keep in mind some people never had official coaches - just all the "coaching" from all of us!!

Keep asking questions no matter which way you go!!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #48  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Hello all,
My biggest concerns are costs.... What kinds of things can you buy that can help save a little on costs?
Welcome.

I will say that it is expensive (at least for me) but it is a program that works for me. Admittedly, I have never done any other diet before (no WW, etc.) other than exercise and limiting calories. The weight was VERY slow to come off when I did that. I know now that I wasn't approaching my limitations correctly.

Ketogenic diet, as I said above, has worked for me incredibly well. I have lost 40 pounds of the 60 that I want to initially lose within 12 weeks - I started May 17. I am incredibly happy. But it is a program where I have buy food and supplements - something that a part of me resents. But it works. So, in my mind, I am going to make other sacrifices for a while for my health which is priceless.

As for cutting costs, a lot of people use alternatives to IP foods and have great success. I am just too scared and disorganized to do it. I will let those folks chime in ...

Last edited by sarita75; 07-30-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #49  

Hi! Just started phase 4 a few days ago. Tomorrow is my first "fun/cheat" day. I'm confused about what I should do the day after my fun day. Is a phase 1 day required after the fun day? I read that a phase 1 day is necessary after a "major slip-up" in maintenance but I'm not sure if a fun day falls under that category.

Any insight is much appreciated because this is me right now
Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #50  
I did it!

S/C/G: 152.8/129/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi All,
I'm finishing up my 2nd day on IP!!! I have about 25-30 lbs to lose. It's not much, but it's enough. I have tried other things. I exercise and play tennis, but nothing helped. I went to a nutritionist in January because I was training to do a triathlon with friends and thought this would be the perfect time to add in healthy eating and get the weight off. It didn't work. I lost some weight, but I hit a plateau and that was it. I gave up the healthy eating plan. I didn't gain it all back with all of the exercise, but some came back.
My tri is over and I started IP. Since you really can't do strenuous exercise, I had to wait to get on it. I knew all about IP because friends and my mom were on it. My mom was over 200 lbs and only 5' tall. She is 70 and needs double knee replacement. She has lost somewhere between 50-60 lbs!! I am SO proud of her!
Now about me. I'm 46, 5'3", and weighed in last Thursday at 152.8. I went ahead and went to my IP coach last week, because I wanted to start IP bright and early after my weekend of celebrating finishing the tri at my age..haha
I am more concerned about my body fat % which was 35.8%, I think. My lean body mass is pretty good. I have 99 lbs of lean body mass. I think that's a good number. Pretty much if I lose the fat, the muscles should show! I hope! However, as soon as I can, I will be going to the gym and I am going to start running and biking for another race. My pool membership is through Oct. so I will swim, too. I now have the "race" bug!
I have only been on it two days, but I have found that you really need to make a lot of different veggies instead of eating 2 cups of one or 1 cup of 4 veggies. Tonight I made ground turkey patties and sauteed mushroom, squash, and green onion (1 c total) for a topping and then I had a field salad and cucumbers. It was delicious!!! Who needs carbs??!! LOL
Anyway, I will be looking here for some tips and I love to hear the stories of success. Keep up the good work! And, with each other's help, we CAN do this!

152.8/152.8/125
Old 07-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #51  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Hello all,
I started IP on May 13th with a coach and 100% IP products. On about week 8 I dropped my coach and went 100% alternatives. I had time to learn the protocol and get a good start, but the cost was just too much for me. I read every alternative thread and educated myself first. My weight losses have continued on alternatives and i have much more variety, so i am not getting so bored. On IP products i pretty much stuck with products i knew i liked because i couldn't afford to waste a box. I order all my alts from Nashua Nutrition and am very satisfied.

I think i really needed the support and education from a coach to get started, but many have done all alternatives from the beginning.

Good luck on whatever you decide.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #52  
I did it!

S/C/G: 152.8/129/130

Height: 5'3"

Talking

[QUOTE=rusi21;4804505]Hi! Just started phase 4 a few days ago. Tomorrow is my first "fun/cheat" day. I'm confused about what I should do the day after my fun day. Is a phase 1 day required after the fun day? I read that a phase 1 day is necessary after a "major slip-up" in maintenance but I'm not sure if a fun day falls under that category.

According to the Phase 4 sheet I got offline prior to deciding if I was going to get on IP, it says you "will eat as you did in phase 1 and restrict carbs" the day after your "mandatory cheat day"!

Hope this helps!
Old 07-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 177.8/155/150

Height: 5"10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollygb66 View Post
Hi All,
I'm finishing up my 2nd day on IP!!! I have about 25-30 lbs to lose. It's not much, but it's enough. I have tried other things. I exercise and play tennis, but nothing helped. I went to a nutritionist in January because I was training to do a triathlon with friends and thought this would be the perfect time to add in healthy eating and get the weight off. It didn't work. I lost some weight, but I hit a plateau and that was it. I gave up the healthy eating plan. I didn't gain it all back with all of the exercise, but some came back.
My tri is over and I started IP. Since you really can't do strenuous exercise, I had to wait to get on it. I knew all about IP because friends and my mom were on it. My mom was over 200 lbs and only 5' tall. She is 70 and needs double knee replacement. She has lost somewhere between 50-60 lbs!! I am SO proud of her!
Now about me. I'm 46, 5'3", and weighed in last Thursday at 152.8. I went ahead and went to my IP coach last week, because I wanted to start IP bright and early after my weekend of celebrating finishing the tri at my age..haha
I am more concerned about my body fat % which was 35.8%, I think. My lean body mass is pretty good. I have 99 lbs of lean body mass. I think that's a good number. Pretty much if I lose the fat, the muscles should show! I hope! However, as soon as I can, I will be going to the gym and I am going to start running and biking for another race. My pool membership is through Oct. so I will swim, too. I now have the "race" bug!
I have only been on it two days, but I have found that you really need to make a lot of different veggies instead of eating 2 cups of one or 1 cup of 4 veggies. Tonight I made ground turkey patties and sauteed mushroom, squash, and green onion (1 c total) for a topping and then I had a field salad and cucumbers. It was delicious!!! Who needs carbs??!! LOL
Anyway, I will be looking here for some tips and I love to hear the stories of success. Keep up the good work! And, with each other's help, we CAN do this!

152.8/152.8/125
Looks like we are on the same time lines with the same loss goal! I wish you all the best and will definitely be trying your dinner- I'm already sick of stir fry veggies myself!
Happy weight loss
Old 07-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #54  

Thank you!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:27 AM   #55  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollygb66 View Post
Hi All,

152.8/152.8/125
Congrats on your tri and on your new journey. I, too, am a triathlete and did it for the challenge and to lose weight. It didn't work. I believe it's in part due to the gu and crap we fuel with during events and training, and also the "I just ran 5 miles so I can eat that crap load of ______." Well here I am. I am completely out of shape tri shape but am steadily losing weight and can't wait to try another event when this is over and I weigh 60 pounds less ..... Although it means none of my tri gear will fit!
Closed Thread