Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
good morning all!

random question: i've noticed that my body odor has changed over the last couple of weeks. i am in week 6 of IP. i've never noticed any kind of body odor (armpits) before, and suddenly it smells like i haven't showered in days all the time. i started applying more deodorant but that wasn't helping much. switched to the "clinical strength" stuff today and i'm going to see how that goes. first time in my life with funky armpits! it must be IP/keto related, yes? i knew that i would get some bad breath from ketosis and stocked up on mints.. but armpits?

I havent' noticed this myself but i've been using World Organics Mega Chlorophyll tabs, daily since about week two of starting IP to avoid the problem. No complaints from DH about smells so i guess it's all good ....(i've asked him too cuz smelling bad is something i worry about lol).
Old 07-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Default Vacation phase off update

Hi everyone! I just wanted to update you with my experience phasing off for my 10 day trip in Paris/London. I did a mini phase off (1 week phase 2, 1 week phase 3) and then as soon as I left for the airport, I let myself go. I ate and drank whatever I wanted, because hey, how many times do you get to eat wine, cheese and bread for dinner while in Paris (not very IP friendly!!). The first time I ate French fries I was in the bathroom the entire next day (not fun on vacation!) so I quickly learned that fried food wasn't going to agree with my new metabolism.

Long story short, is I came home, PETRIFIED of what I would see on the scale, fully expecting a 10-15 lb. gain, and I only gained 2 lbs!! I couldn't believe it. Between the walking, drinking so much water, and my new IP metabolism, my body actually worked with me instead of against me.

The moral of the story is TRUST IP! Even when you go on vacation and break loose from the strict confines of Phase 1, your body still remembers and will help you through. I am back on phase 1 as of this morning and couldn't be happier to continue this journey towards goal.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #48  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
Crazy morning for me. Got up, took my shower, came downstairs and started unloading the dishwasher. Immediately felt dizzy and nauseated and had to sit down. Tried 3 more times to get up and ended up having my husband basically carry me to the couch where I almost passed out. He got some pure maple syrup we have in the fridge and Gave me about the equivalent of a table spoon. After a few minutes I was able to sit up. I ate a Quest bar and rested. After a little while I was able to function. I got water and added salt, and then had my two cups of coffee as usual and felt ok. VERY scary though. Pulse dropped to about 38 ( normally 58 when lying down). Was this low blood sugar? Not too worried about Ketosis or anything like that- hubby did what had to be done. Any one else ever had this happen?
I have had bouts of dizziness and nausea as well. I am not sure why, but they don't seem to necessarily correlate with a lack of my daily salt or water. I have found that a little extra (unrestricted) packet has been helpful on those days. It is very scary to get so dizzy you can't stand up or feel so week and nauseated. I had this happen at the store the other day, but I sat down for a bit and even bought a protein bar and ate half of it in the store! DH was there and I just held on to him as we finished buying groceries. I was so happy to get to our vehicle and laid the seat back when we finished. After a short time I felt fine. Maybe there is something to the low blood sugar idea.

I am definitely watching my blood pressure though. Mine tends to be on the low side anyway and I have had a few bouts of very low BP since starting IP. The good thing is that it doesn't seem to last for more than a day and then I am back to myself again.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #49  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Hi everyone! I just wanted to update you with my experience phasing off for my 10 day trip in Paris/London. I did a mini phase off (1 week phase 2, 1 week phase 3) and then as soon as I left for the airport, I let myself go. I ate and drank whatever I wanted, because hey, how many times do you get to eat wine, cheese and bread for dinner while in Paris (not very IP friendly!!). The first time I ate French fries I was in the bathroom the entire next day (not fun on vacation!) so I quickly learned that fried food wasn't going to agree with my new metabolism.

Long story short, is I came home, PETRIFIED of what I would see on the scale, fully expecting a 10-15 lb. gain, and I only gained 2 lbs!! I couldn't believe it. Between the walking, drinking so much water, and my new IP metabolism, my body actually worked with me instead of against me.

The moral of the story is TRUST IP! Even when you go on vacation and break loose from the strict confines of Phase 1, your body still remembers and will help you through. I am back on phase 1 as of this morning and couldn't be happier to continue this journey towards goal.
Paris (sigh) sounds heavenly. I can't imagine going and not having some of the delicious food! It is so smart of you to have phased off prior to your trip. Way to go! It is amazing how IP works.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #50  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayb View Post
I would be interested to hear how some people are "rewarding" themselves for their losses. SV and NSV being a great reward in itself, but any other things people do to help themselves on their journey?
I'm rewarding myself with a 90 minute massage at my favorite spa for when I reach 40lbs lost- well, I assumed i'd be at that point by this coming Friday & tried to schedule my appointment. I couldn't get the massage I wanted with the therapist I wanted, so its now not til August 17. My new goal - 50lb down by the massage! It has definitely kept me on track and motivated!!
Old 07-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

One of the reasons I don't cheat is I'm afraid I will not be able to stop. That's why I'm here, no will power. I'm starting my 3rd week. I feel SO much better, just realized I haven't taken motrin since day 4 of IP. I'm doing this for me, no one else. If I cheat I'm only cheating myself.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #52  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Default Hi All,

Hi All,

I am new here and looking forward to getting to know you all I am planning on starting the Ideal Protein Diet in the next few pays.. just waiting for a payday with money, lol... it looks like a great plan and am excited to see everyone's success on it ..

J
Old 07-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #53  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
I havent' noticed this myself but i've been using World Organics Mega Chlorophyll tabs, daily since about week two of starting IP to avoid the problem. No complaints from DH about smells so i guess it's all good ....(i've asked him too cuz smelling bad is something i worry about lol).
ohhh.. thanks for the tip! googling chlorophyll tabs now. never even heard of them!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
ohhh.. thanks for the tip! googling chlorophyll tabs now. never even heard of them!
happy to help, hopefully you find them (the local health food store here carries them..wholefoods, vitamin shoppe etc)
Old 07-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #55  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Congrats!! Welcome home!
Old 07-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #56  
Started IP: 7/22/13

S/C/G: 231.4/219/155

Height: 5'6"

Hello all. I just returned from my week one weigh in. I lost 9.8 pounds! I cannot believe I lost that much. I know you lose more the first week due to water, etc, but that still seems like a lot. 65 pounds to go. I am very excited!

Lucia
Old 07-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #57  

Height: 6'

Quote:

Was Paris just awesome? I'm getting so excited for my trip at the end of August. I'm so happy to hear that you only gained 2 lbs. My biggest worry is the wine drinking. LOL. I can only imagine how little it's going to take to make my loopy since I haven't had a sip of any alcohol since March. I'm doing the same thing with phasing out like you did so it sounds like that will work.

My mission is to try to lose 10 more pounds before I go. It's been so SLOWWWWWW. This morning I made it into the 240's at 249.6. That made me so happy. It's been at least 13 years since I was in the 240's.

Would love to hear some highlights of your trip!
Old 07-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #58  

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucia823 View Post
Hello all. I just returned from my week one weigh in. I lost 9.8 pounds! I cannot believe I lost that much. I know you lose more the first week due to water, etc, but that still seems like a lot. 65 pounds to go. I am very excited!

Lucia
Congrats. that is awesome
Old 07-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:

Congratulations...and welcome back. Your story is NOTHING SHORT of INSPIRATIONAL!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi All!
Day 1 AGAIN!! I did well on IP about a year ago and lost 20lbs; I then started to slowly "cheat" I learned my lesson. It is so hard to get back on track!! Don't stray - stay OP and know that you can make it thru taking it one day (or meal) at a time (now I just have to follow my own advice).

Trying my hardest to stay focused and positive! If I'd kept going last time I'd have already been to my goal.

I enjoy reading all the posts. I see lots of new faces and look forward to joining you on your journey!
Closed Thread