Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #31  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
good morning all!

random question: i've noticed that my body odor has changed over the last couple of weeks. i am in week 6 of IP. i've never noticed any kind of body odor (armpits) before, and suddenly it smells like i haven't showered in days all the time. i started applying more deodorant but that wasn't helping much. switched to the "clinical strength" stuff today and i'm going to see how that goes. first time in my life with funky armpits! it must be IP/keto related, yes? i knew that i would get some bad breath from ketosis and stocked up on mints.. but armpits?
I have this issue more than the bad breath at this point, I haven't switched to a stronger deodorant but that's a good idea.

Also I think this is possibly related is the bands on my bras are turning a bright yellow. I just want to bleach them because it looks terrible on white (just can't bleach them.) I have no idea why that is happening but the body odor I actually understand, from what I understand its from the ketosis.

No weigh in for me today which may be good, think I am just going to skip this week as I am up from all the riding my bike back and forth to work! Reason I am not weighing though is that I am at my brother's house to get a new car. My brother's girlfriend is impressed with my weight loss, last time she saw me was at Thanksgiving last year. She is very interested but her biggest challenge is that she is allergic to dairy. Any ideas for her? Thanks in advance IPeeps

Last edited by MntRose; 07-29-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 248.2/ticker/150

Height: 5'5""

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
good morning all!

random question: i've noticed that my body odor has changed over the last couple of weeks. i am in week 6 of IP. i've never noticed any kind of body odor (armpits) before, and suddenly it smells like i haven't showered in days all the time. i started applying more deodorant but that wasn't helping much. switched to the "clinical strength" stuff today and i'm going to see how that goes. first time in my life with funky armpits! it must be IP/keto related, yes? i knew that i would get some bad breath from ketosis and stocked up on mints.. but armpits?
This has not yet happened to me...but you should see me at work, in the cube farm, trying to sniff myself.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 248.2/ticker/150

Height: 5'5""

I would be interested to hear how some people are "rewarding" themselves for their losses. SV and NSV being a great reward in itself, but any other things people do to help themselves on their journey?
Old 07-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Just wondering if anyone does anything "visual" to mark their weight loss. I find that, along with frequent visits to this forum, having a visual reminder of my progress helps keep me motivated. I saw an idea on Pinterest that was cute. You get two glass vases and fill one of them with one stone for every pound you want to lose. Then as you lose each pound, you transfer it over to the other vase. Anyone have any other ideas?
Love love love this! I am going to do it for my daughter who started today
Old 07-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Crazy morning for me. Got up, took my shower, came downstairs and started unloading the dishwasher. Immediately felt dizzy and nauseated and had to sit down. Tried 3 more times to get up and ended up having my husband basically carry me to the couch where I almost passed out. He got some pure maple syrup we have in the fridge and Gave me about the equivalent of a table spoon. After a few minutes I was able to sit up. I ate a Quest bar and rested. After a little while I was able to function. I got water and added salt, and then had my two cups of coffee as usual and felt ok. VERY scary though. Pulse dropped to about 38 ( normally 58 when lying down). Was this low blood sugar? Not too worried about Ketosis or anything like that- hubby did what had to be done. Any one else ever had this happen?
Old 07-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #36  

Height: 5'-8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithgogsMA View Post
I am day 5 in on my first week and I get this really full feeling in my stomach and my throat (sounds weird). It happens right after I eat lunch and I almost threw up the other day. Is anyone having trouble keeping these foods down? I find that I am not finishing my soup or bars because of this.
I am not sure about your full feeling in the throat. Are you allergic to anything?
I know when I first started I would gag on the foods. The frothy protein in the soups and shakes tasted horrible to me; now I don't even taste it.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #37  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

How about a dollar bill for each pound and when you get to take them all out when you reach goal, maybe splurge on some clothes that fit!!!
Old 07-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #38  

Hi Everyone- Having a kind of rough day here, but not because of IP....

My daughter is sick and very cranky. I feel so bad for her since she is so little and her little nose is just running all day, but I have to get some stuff done (working from home) and she only wants to be held. Plus my husband slept in this morning about 30 minutes before taking the dog out (we were up late with little one) and we came down the stairs this morning to find a lovely "surprise" ALL over the dining room from puppy. So, got that cleaned up, baby is now taking a nap and I am working on getting the rest of the house back in order before I can even touch the large pile of work that needs to be done. It's gonna be a lonnnnng day here.

About the armpit stink- thank you so much for posting this - I thought it was just me!

I switched to the secret clinical at night and then put regular on in the morning and throughout the day (I find that the unscented boy deodorant works best (I think I have Old Spice unscented?)), and it seems to help a little. I also have to wash all my shirts, bras, etc with oxy clean to get the stink out. It is so gross!

But in response to MTN ROSE, please DON'T bleach your things- it will ruin them! The stains are from protein and bleach and protein aren't friends. Here is a link to a good article about how to clean pit stains. The post is kind of "jokey", but it is good info anyway. Hope that helps!

http://deadspin.com/how-to-stop-swea...s-yo-901342768
Old 07-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky536 View Post
Does anyone know what i should put in to MFP for goals for food on phase 3? I know the calorie count for breakfast should be 400-500, but other than that I am not sure.
I'm with Texan. I put in 1200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayb View Post
I would be interested to hear how some people are "rewarding" themselves for their losses. SV and NSV being a great reward in itself, but any other things people do to help themselves on their journey?
I know you'll be shocked to know there is a thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ard-ideas.html
Old 07-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 137/119/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
Crazy morning for me. Got up, took my shower, came downstairs and started unloading the dishwasher. Immediately felt dizzy and nauseated and had to sit down. Tried 3 more times to get up and ended up having my husband basically carry me to the couch where I almost passed out. He got some pure maple syrup we have in the fridge and Gave me about the equivalent of a table spoon. After a few minutes I was able to sit up. I ate a Quest bar and rested. After a little while I was able to function. I got water and added salt, and then had my two cups of coffee as usual and felt ok. VERY scary though. Pulse dropped to about 38 ( normally 58 when lying down). Was this low blood sugar? Not too worried about Ketosis or anything like that- hubby did what had to be done. Any one else ever had this happen?

I started P2 last week and felt lightheaded this past Saturday and Sunday. I assumed it was due to lack of sleep/ little salt, so I had more salt and felt better.
Maybe you not getting enough salt?
Old 07-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 137/119/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Spunky - I am just following the IP guidelines and I'm really worry about the calories. But I did set my goals to a 1250 calorie day. I'm in my second week of P3. Hope this helps
Texan, I start P3 next week. How did you come up on the # of calories/day to have? I had my WI this morning and all my coach did was given me a handout for P3 for next week.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #42  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all. I am still under the weather but on the mend. Eating has been a real issue for me as I just have not had too much of an appetite. Planning went by the wayside, but I have stayed OP the entire time, just choosing my food as I go based upon what I can stand to eat. I will be happy when this cold is completely gone. But as I like to say - onwards and upwards. Looking forward to my WI tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithgogsMA View Post
I am day 5 in on my first week and I get this really full feeling in my stomach and my throat (sounds weird). It happens right after I eat lunch and I almost threw up the other day. Is anyone having trouble keeping these foods down? I find that I am not finishing my soup or bars because of this.
I find that I don't like the soups very much (except for chicken noodle) and find I have to choke most of them down. Bars I don't have an issue with, however. Try having some pudding, jelly or drink mixes. Also, make sure that you are eating with plenty of water. I hope that it clears up soon for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayb View Post
I try to choose something small to reward myself - a pedicure, manicure, facial, flowers for my office, new candle, etc. Of course, now that most of my clothes don't fit me, I have found my rewards are coming in the form of new business essentials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
Yikes, I am sorry to hear that. I have experience bouts of low blood pressure, especially after standing up quickly or a similar action. For example, I wonder if you, in bending over to unload the dishwasher, straightened up too fast. Did you feel like your vision blacked out a little around the edges? That's a sign for me when it happens. Make sure you are getting your salt, if it is. You may wish to consult with your doctor too.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Just wondering if anyone does anything "visual" to mark their weight loss. I find that, along with frequent visits to this forum, having a visual reminder of my progress helps keep me motivated. I saw an idea on Pinterest that was cute. You get two glass vases and fill one of them with one stone for every pound you want to lose. Then as you lose each pound, you transfer it over to the other vase. Anyone have any other ideas?
I have a size 11 dress that I love and only wore once before I got too big for it. It's hanging up in my room. I can't WAIT to get back into it. It's a huge motivator for me! I am also thinking about manicures, wax treatments, or haircuts as rewards in the future. Or the necessary one, clothes!

I also wanted to thank you for reaching out to me about my cheats yesterday, you are so right and it was so dumb of me to risk getting kicked out of ketosis and wasting that money on MORE IP food. I am still in keto lucky for me but I don't expect to get lucky like that again.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 174/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the input Lisa and A1.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #45  
flubadub15

S/C/G: 152/137.5/135

Height: 5' 2"

I really like the vase idea. I'll hit the Dollar store tonight for 2 vases and some pretty stones to match my kitchen.
Closed Thread