Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
Hello and Good Day all..

i think its everyone's fear to lose control again and re-gain the weight. This protocol or plan or lifestyle change really does open your eyes tho, and provides you with the power to know you, you are able to do it.
I know it is premature as I am only in week 2 but my husband and I have already discussed that we will stick to this type of lifestyle and continue use to use some of the alternative products probably forever. Of course we will allow ourselves treats on vacations, and then return to protocol if needed. I do this with any " diet" I am on if I " cheat" or gain more than 5 lbs. I was at 150 steady for over a year. I went up and down but easily averaged 150. I really want to get the last pounds off and then I know how to maintain. Coupled with the new knowledge I've gained here, I can't wait. I think the key is to set a boundary of 5 lbs and not go over it for gain. We can do this!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Ready to give up

Im new to this forum, hello everyone. I started IP Jan 3rd this year. Ive struggled with cheating this entire year! Ive spent so much money on the food, yet every 4 days or so I loose control and cheat with high sugary foods. Im even going to counseling for the emotional eating. Im at a loss as to how im going to get control with the sugar! I tend to lose control at work in the afternoons. I honestly have no energy on this diet, ive been stuck in phase 1 for nearly 8 months. Can anyone share their experiences with struggling to get through the cravings, extreme hunger, and emotional eating???
Old 07-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Has any one used powdered peanut butter? Could it be used as a restricted item? I am thinking about adding it to a vanilla or chocolate shake for a snack. 2 T, 45 cal, 5 g carb, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein, but does have 1 g sugar.
Thoughts? not allowed because of sugar or a once a week add to a shake okay?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Has any one used powdered peanut butter? Could it be used as a restricted item? I am thinking about adding it to a vanilla or chocolate shake for a snack. 2 T, 45 cal, 5 g carb, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein, but does have 1 g sugar.
Hmm...that's nearly half the calories ..more than half the carbs and less than a third the protein of an IP food. (since many are actually under 100 calories) I would be wary of upsetting the daily totals ...wouldn't be worth it to me. How much are you trying to lose..... if it's a lot, you might get away with it early on but probably eventually...it's going to matter. Close to your goal..it will really add up.

Last edited by 65X65; 07-26-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #35  

65x65 I want to lose about 15-20 more lbs. I was hoping to perhaps add a tablespoon to a vanilla shake for breakfast, or a chocolate shake .
Old 07-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #36  

Quote:
65x65 I want to lose about 15-20 more lbs. I was hoping to perhaps add a tablespoon to a vanilla shake for breakfast, or a chocolate shake .
That's a decision you'll need to make I guess.. I'm finding the last 20 lbs MUCH slower coming off than the first 50. If your losses have been steady ...and you add this, it's like eating another serving of veggies...Or half an IP packet...you'd have to decide after a few weeks if it appears to have changed things for you. I'm Leary of adding anything that's not part of the program. I think once we start playing around adding things, it's not hard to convince oneself it doesn't matter and easier to get off the rails and not recognize what how and when it has happened.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #37  

65x65 that makes sense. Thanks. I guess I will hold off. Just getting bored with the shakes. I do add coffee and cinn at times to change the flavor. I tried the lemon pudding as a shake and its just too sweet.
Thanks for the advice
Old 07-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #38  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
Im new to this forum, hello everyone. I started IP Jan 3rd this year. Ive struggled with cheating this entire year! Ive spent so much money on the food, yet every 4 days or so I loose control and cheat with high sugary foods. Im even going to counseling for the emotional eating. Im at a loss as to how im going to get control with the sugar! I tend to lose control at work in the afternoons. I honestly have no energy on this diet, ive been stuck in phase 1 for nearly 8 months. Can anyone share their experiences with struggling to get through the cravings, extreme hunger, and emotional eating???
Hi AlaskanRN! My sister & her family live in Homer AK.

That seems weird that you never get past the extreme hunger stage & have no energy -- what does your coach say? Have you ever been able to stick it out OP for at least 2 weeks straight, and if so, how did you feel then? Have you tried having your snack in the afternoon instead of in the evening?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #39  

Sonolady, DaVinci makes a sugar free peanut butter flavored syrup. I like their products, and a chocolate shake plus some Kahlua makes a great evening snack.

There website is davincigourmet.com. The common flavors are found in many grocery stores and netrition, but for their full list, go to their site. They have a peppermint patty that has been calling my name lately and I may just have to take that poor baby home.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #40  

Quote:
65x65 that makes sense. Thanks. I guess I will hold off. Just getting bored with the shakes. I do add coffee and cinn at times to change the flavor. I tried the lemon pudding as a shake and its just too sweet.
Thanks for the advice
I hear you!! I add extra water to the puddings and do them in the blender. Makes more of a less sweet, mousse-like consistency instead. Still sets up just fine. Also found some walden farms strawberry syrup and it helps the lemon pudding if you swirl a tbs in it after it sets... I add extra water to the shakes too along with instant decaf coffee ....good luck.. You are not far from being able to play around ...Later phases 3 -4 offer a little more leeway with calories and carbs.

Once you fully transition ...you do realize this is a lifelong mindset to be successful. Most of us will need to make all kinds of adjustments to make the loss we are working so hard at last for the rest of our lives.
you CAN do this! You're close!!

Last edited by 65X65; 07-26-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegirl9 View Post
Hi AlaskanRN! My sister & her family live in Homer AK.

That seems weird that you never get past the extreme hunger stage & have no energy -- what does your coach say? Have you ever been able to stick it out OP for at least 2 weeks straight, and if so, how did you feel then? Have you tried having your snack in the afternoon instead of in the evening?

Hi Marge!

Thanks for replying! Homer is my favorite place in Alaska . Well now that I think about it when I did stay on track for at least 2 weeks the hunger and fatigue werent as bad. I am probably feeling the effects from constantly going on and off the diet, im sure my body is so confused ugh.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #42  

Quote:
Old 07-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaBlssom View Post
Sonolady, DaVinci makes a sugar free peanut butter flavored syrup. I like their products, and a chocolate shake plus some Kahlua makes a great evening snack.

There website is davincigourmet.com. The common flavors are found in many grocery stores and netrition, but for their full list, go to their site. They have a peppermint patty that has been calling my name lately and I may just have to take that poor baby home.
Omg im sooo checking out those SF syrups!!! Thanks for posting the suggestions!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #44  

Magnoliablossm, I may look into that, but I dont like overly sweet. I've tried the vanilla in the past and its too sweet.

AlaskanRN
I have a different brand than the PB2, I got it on Amazon, people seemed to like the flavor better. I have tried a smidge dry on a spoon and it tastes great. I thought I read on some thread here that people sprinkled it on puddings.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #45  

65x65
I know it will be a change in mind set and a life time change. I only want to do this once and not gain it back.

I almost triple the water with the puddings and drink it that way. I tried the blue pom gran drink today .......gag me it was too sweet even with triple the water.
Closed Thread