need some help

• Hi All. Im new to ideal protein (completed my first week with a 9lb loss) and am also new to the forum. I'm a little confused on how everything works and where to post stuff. Also, is it just me or is the search function difficult to use? One of the main reasons I joined here is because Im very private about weight loss with family and friends, since so often it seems people try to get you down. I am also a private person anyways. This site seems like a great place for support amongst people who are all facing the same challenges in relation to the diet itself and who seem to genuinely want others to succeed. I've lost weight before but it has always come right back on. I want this to be my last diet, with success both during and afterwards. I just wanted to say hello and welcome any tips, tricks and advice about the site, the ideal protein diet, and in regards to life as well. Have a great day everyone!
  • WELCOME!

I haven't tried the search functions in awhile because they were definitely NOT working for awhile back when I joined in Feb. Back then it was suggested to use Google and search by typing in 3 Fat Chicks Ideal Protein and then the terms you want to search. This works pretty well. Maybe some others will have better suggestions.

This is an AMAZING community of supportive people who will guide you with advice and nudge you when you need it! I suggest reading ALL the info that Lisa posts in the first message of each Daily Chat thread (it's always the same and lets you know where to find lots of resources on the site.) Also, look at thread titles and follow any and all that seem like they might apply to you. READ, READ, READ - EVERYTHING!!!

Your best place to post initial questions is in the Daily Chat Thread as most people read that and will respond quickly. Next, post in a thread that is already on topic for what you want to know. If all else fails, start a new thread (thogh we try not to start too many new threads because they seem to duplicate quickly and make it hard later to find important info!)

Good luck to you on your journey to a NEW YOU!!
  • When I am searching for something, I go to the 3FC Ideal Protein front page of the forum, and click, "search this forum", search for what I want. Then when the list of threads comes up, I click on the top one. Then on the top right I click, "search this thread" and look for my subject again. If that's not what I want, I go back on my browser till I'm back to my thread results from when I searched the forum (I hope I haven't lost you, I'm almost losing myself here) and repeat. Googling is another great option.
  • i've not had too much problems for searching and finding what i need...

even if i just start from google and type in something like

"other uses for ideal protein lemon pudding" i got directed to like 4 threads here in these forums lol....but the search at the top also seems to work for me as well

if you are really at a loss, the daily thread seems to be the spot to ask your questions.