IP Daily Chat Wednesday 7/24/2013

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: the safest bet might be the steak..request no rick extra veggies, unless you can call ahead and ask about the sauce.....I've only eating once out since starting IP...and i ordered a salad...it was the biggest waste of 15 bucks i ever spent...it arrived with lettuce and peppers...once i took all the other crap off...so better to have a meat and veggies imho for the same price....

Thanks for noticing art3mis! That is part of the reason this group is so awesome.
    I would add to the original poster to ensure that they dry cook the steak and veggies, no extra oils or butters.
  • Quote: Thanks Balanced Life. Just a little more planning ahead needed. Hmmm, may have to try the wildberry yogurt with the chocolate sauce. I wasn't crazy about it on it's own.

I have another issue that I would love some input on. It's a friend's birthday tonight and they are going out to eat. I am going, but I was planning on eating at home first. However, I have looked at the menu and feel that with some additions/subtractions and some sneaky scale usage, I could manage a meal out. But with weigh-in tomorrow AM, I don't want to do ANYTHING to throw myself off. I was thinking either the fresh crab/shrimp salad with no avocado, olives, egg, or dressing (may have to add some other veg); or the rock shrimp bistro with no rice (although not sure about that sauce either). I have the images attached below (hopefully) if anyone would like to weigh in.

Attachment 44943

Attachment 44944
    I hit goal back in November but still flip back to Phase 1 when I get up over my comfort range. That said, I travel extensively and lead a pretty active social life and so probably eat at restaurants 5+ times a week and never have an issue staying OP. Just get comfortable asking for what you want - all the things on that menu are easily adjustable to work. The chicken without the rice; the salads without the cheese and fruit; the steak is always a good option. Restaurants are also usually pretty accomodating with substitutions - my standing order at my weekly hotel restaurant is a delicious burger, no bun, with a side of salad and grilled asparagus and a Pellagrino with a slice of lime. . .I can't tell you how many people come in and ask to have what I'm having. I guess all I'm really saying is don't limit your social life because you're afraid of ordering in a restaurant - if you can make it work for you, you're much more likely to be able to manage this program long term because there will ALWAYS be restaurants, parties, events, conferences, etc in your life. Have fun!
  • Wow, everyone is doing so well today. Love this site and this group. This is why I'm sticking to the plan. I know in my heart I would not be where I'm at today if it wasn't for y'all. Thanks so much! and thanks art3mis.
  • Quote: sarita75, i wondered were you had gone..grats on the win @ work

Breakofday71 yah keep plugging along now..you can see the finish line im certain

tallgirl231
    grats on coming off and down on meds..that must be a great motivator for you

AprilH3 you look too young to have a DH thats got a reunion thingie and kids omg WOW...

off to work now to be mocked and made fun of by my jealous co-workers. have a great rest of today folks
    Lol! We started kids young, pretty normal for the midwest! I can't believe we're old enough for a 10 year reunion either!
  • Quote: Lol! We started kids young, pretty normal for the midwest! I can't believe we're old enough for a 10 year reunion either!
    My 20 year high school reunions are this summer. Crazy!
  • Hi Everyone!

Great to see such good stuff happening for everyone today!!

We are on vacation in SoCal and having a great time swimming and basically bumming around. I saw some good friends today that I haven't seen in a while and it was so nice to catch up!

I have been doing really well with staying OP, although I am getting really tired of paying a LOT for a small chicken breast and some scraggly asparagus, but it's vacation so I'm not worrying about it. I did make a kind of boo-boo today though. I ordered a salad and had them take off all the stuff I couldn't eat, but they didn't tell me it would come with sunflower seeds, so I did my best to eat around them, but a couple were hiding in the lettuce. It wasn't too many (like 4) so hopefully it won't be too much of a problem.

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • Has anyone checked out the new Herbal Magic protein supplements? I am a member of a group on facebook for military spouses in my area, and someone on there had posted that she just started working at herbal magic and was promoting these new products. I found the info online of their caramel nut bar, and it is pretty comparable to IP's caramel nut bar. I'm not sure if you have to sign up to herbal magic to buy their products, or if you can just go in and shop. I am going to message her and ask about it, and see what the cost is like as well.

Edit: This is the info I found for the Caramel Nut Bar: Serving Size:41 g Bar, Calories: 160, Fat: 5g, Carbs: 15g, Protein: 15g
  • Congrats to all the big losses this week! I had my 4th WI and lost only 1lb. Wish it was more but its still a loss. The coach was looking through my journal and noticed that I had a chocolate shake a few mornings with spinach. She said that veggies weren't allowed at breakfast...... bummed with that. I loved that for breakfast, nice as frosty, foamy. Its just not the same when I bring it to work for snack. I have a garden so I have had cherry tomatoes several times, there is nothing like a just picked tomatoe. She thought perhaps if stopped them both I would do better.
  • Quote: Congrats to all the big losses this week! I had my 4th WI and lost only 1lb. Wish it was more but its still a loss. The coach was looking through my journal and noticed that I had a chocolate shake a few mornings with spinach. She said that veggies weren't allowed at breakfast...... bummed with that. I loved that for breakfast, nice as frosty, foamy. Its just not the same when I bring it to work for snack. I have a garden so I have had cherry tomatoes several times, there is nothing like a just picked tomatoe. She thought perhaps if stopped them both I would do better.
    Did she tell you a slowdown is EXPECTED at this point or did she just make it all sound like your fault?
  • Quote: Congrats to all the big losses this week! I had my 4th WI and lost only 1lb. Wish it was more but its still a loss. The coach was looking through my journal and noticed that I had a chocolate shake a few mornings with spinach. She said that veggies weren't allowed at breakfast...... bummed with that. I loved that for breakfast, nice as frosty, foamy. Its just not the same when I bring it to work for snack. I have a garden so I have had cherry tomatoes several times, there is nothing like a just picked tomatoe. She thought perhaps if stopped them both I would do better.
    I have read here time and time again from very experienced IPers that the intent of IP is to consume the allowed food throughout the day. It does not matter when you eat what as long as it is spread out in reasonable increments. MANY successful losers have a portion of their veggies w/breakfast in shakes, omlets, etc. I seriously doubt that having spinach in a breakfast shake is affecting your loss!!

Also you are allowed a cup of occasional veggies twice per week (the tomatoes).
    All centers are a little different but having spinach in the am should not change how you lose weight. Many OP folks do it regularly w no consequence.
  • Lisa, I said to her that isnt week 4-5 a slower loss week, she said no. I said might I have smaller losses because I dont have a large amount to lose and she said no necessarily. She made me feel like if I followed the plan IE no veggies with breakfast I'd loose more.

Jlus
    I have been doing alot of reading here and I think the people here are much better coaches than the ones at the clinic. I think I will keep with the spinach in the choc shake in the am, and I have done veggies in my omelet also. The just picked from the vine cherry.......well I am not sure I can pass up the 5-6 I eat every other day. I'll see what happens next week with that.
  • Well out with the dogs and then to bed...... good night all.
    Have a great day and lots of will power tomorrow!!!
  • Quote: Lisa, I said to her that isnt week 4-5 a slower loss week, she said no. I said might I have smaller losses because I dont have a large amount to lose and she said no necessarily. She made me feel like if I followed the plan IE no veggies with breakfast I'd loose more.

Jlus
    I have been doing alot of reading here and I think the people here are much better coaches than the ones at the clinic. I think I will keep with the spinach in the choc shake in the am, and I have done veggies in my omelet also. The just picked from the vine cherry.......well I am not sure I can pass up the 5-6 I eat every other day. I'll see what happens next week with that.
    I must admit that I have a few tomatoes every couple of days rather than a whole cup at a time (I sometimes have a spoonful of no sugar added salsa on my omlet) and just the other day in another thread several others said they do the same. We are all losing.

You, as most if us, have probably read more and done more research than many coaches!
  • Quote: Lisa, I said to her that isnt week 4-5 a slower loss week, she said no. I said might I have smaller losses because I dont have a large amount to lose and she said no necessarily. She made me feel like if I followed the plan IE no veggies with breakfast I'd loose more.

Jlus
    I have chocolate spinach shakes in the morning and have had no problems with weight loss because of them. The times I didn't lose as much was when I had restricted veggies, I love snow peas that are growing in our garden! I did the same thing, had a few at a time through the week. My coach commented that because of the content of restricted veggies, having a little every day will slow us down in weight loss, the intent is to have them all together to avoid repeated sugar spikes every day (something along those lines).

Side note: I often make my 3yo daughter a blended chocolate milk with spinach with breakfast, she thinks it is a major treat!