First week on Ideal Protein

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Congrats!!
    Way to go!!! I too started on 7/15/2013.... Starting was 238.... Today at 236. This really works!! I can't help but visualize myself as a size 6!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • 238/226/225
  • Fantastic Supermom69. I started 3.5 weeks ago and I love this program. No guess work and lots of structure. Coaching is amazing! Welcome to a healthier life style I started at 231 and at last weigh in on Monday was 219.4 I feel much better.
  • Hi guys - I started on 7/1/2013 and am down 14lbs so far. This really works and at no point have I been hungry. I have also managed to resist carb cravings - just knowing that one slip can mean that i wont loose fat for a number of days afterwards has helped keep me (relatively) on protocol. but I have had a few cheats - just not carb cheats.
  • Lilly - I went and bought one when I started. I weight myself first thing every morning. Many people think that you shouldn't but personally it is a big motivator for me to see that my efforts the previous day have been rewarded, and also to know if I'm drinking enough water, using too much olive oil or milk in my coffee or what. I am used to seeing a .5 lb loss every day or two so it's easy for me to control my loss. Except during my period, lol. And plus my appointments with my coach are always in the afternoon so I weigh 2-4 lbs more at my appointment than I do in the morning!
    Moral of the story - Yes, her scale is right! Yes, it is working and YES YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!
  • Quote: Lilly - I went and bought one when I started. I weight myself first thing every morning. Many people think that you shouldn't but personally it is a big motivator for me to see that my efforts the previous day have been rewarded, and also to know if I'm drinking enough water, using too much olive oil or milk in my coffee or what. I am used to seeing a .5 lb loss every day or two so it's easy for me to control my loss. Except during my period, lol. And plus my appointments with my coach are always in the afternoon so I weigh 2-4 lbs more at my appointment than I do in the morning!
    Moral of the story - Yes, her scale is right! Yes, it is working and YES YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!
    Sounds like you are off to a great start!! Congrats!!

Just get your head wrapped around the other good stuff that is happening too...that may not register on the scale...don't think it's a bad week when that happens. (and it will.)
    Celebrate the inches that are coming off...Are you being measured? How about tracking of body fat and BMI...those stats are not be all and end all just as the scale is not...but they will show you a trend. When one week the scale is not the most exciting part of the weigh in appointment...appreciate and celebrate the other things that have been happening. Sometimes you don't see much change yourself but the numbers tell you that dangerous visceral fat is melting inside...if you can get to healthy before you get into the pants size you want...be glad!! And for when the inches melt away...start putting some mad $$ away NOW! You will be over the moon the first time you can get a new outfit that shows off your effort.
    Congrats on everyone's success. I started on 7/23/13...so far so good. i go to my first weigh-in on monday. crossing my fingers for good results.

glad to be a part of the community.
  • Great Job everyone! Today is day 4 for me and I just got back from my first meeting with my coach I'm down 3.6 pounds and 2% bodyfat. Definitely keeps me motivated! Keep up the great work!!
  • Hey Taylorhall, that is exactly how I try to catch myself as well. Somewhere in the Sticky notes is a handout someone received from their coach. I printed it and put it on my fridge and Pantry door. It explains the cost of cheating while on IP. Although we are all human, making slips can be part of this journey. Today, I am following my protocol. I know that I can do this even if only 1 day at a time. I had a tougher day today and no haven't given in to it. My usual would have been to look for comfort in food. I instead came on here. The feeling has now past. Thanks for this site
  • Quote: Heather 12 pounds already! My jaw dropped - how do you feel?
    Has anyone here started incorporating excercise, or not just yet?

Exciting reading all of your results!
    Wahoo so cool everyone!

I have been walking my dog about 4 miles every day since I started. I mean a SLOW walk as in about 20 min per mile pace. I have been able to pick it up on a couple of days. Today (end of week 2) I did 10 mins elliptical and then lower body weight machines. Then I did a 3 mile walk and I did get a bit wonky. When I tried to walk faster, my ears started ringing so I just slowed down and it was fine. I am pretty athletic, so being still isn't great for me but it has to be done. I got cleared from my PT to have my shoulder surgery so now just waiting for the surgeon to schedule me. I won't be able to do anything for about a week after the surgery, so getting as much in as I can now. I know my husband did not feel like exercising any more strenuously than walking until Phase 3. Keep up the great work everyone!
  • Congrats All!
    I too just started on the 17th and as of my weigh in on Tuesday I am down 5.8 pounds! It's been a tough week for me with birthday ice cream cake in the house, but when you are loosing so much so fast how can you not be motivated to stay within the restrictions!

I hope we can all help each other on our weight loss journey!
  • Hey, how is everyone doing today? I made the mistake of weighing myself last night...The scale went up!! I have been on strict protocol!! What did I do wrong.. Nothing! I just have to weigh myself in the morning. I have been walking most days for about 1 hour. I just have to remember to not worry so much and just follow protocol It will pay off in its own time.
  • Quote: Hey, how is everyone doing today? I made the mistake of weighing myself last night...The scale went up!! I have been on strict protocol!! What did I do wrong.. Nothing! I just have to weigh myself in the morning. I have been walking most days for about 1 hour. I just have to remember to not worry so much and just follow protocol It will pay off in its own time.
    Attitude is everything on this plan.
    Micro-monitoring is not a great way to keep the spirits up.
    Weight loss is about long-term benefit, not short term increments.
    Pick a weigh-in day. Follow the plan. Celebrate all successes big and small and you'll be at goal before you know it.
  • Quote: Hey, how is everyone doing today? I made the mistake of weighing myself last night...The scale went up!! I have been on strict protocol!! What did I do wrong.. Nothing! I just have to weigh myself in the morning. I have been walking most days for about 1 hour. I just have to remember to not worry so much and just follow protocol It will pay off in its own time.
    Lisa is right, don't stress over the number if it's up once. There will be fluctuations. If you choose to weigh everyday, be prepared to not be happy with what you see everyday. I weighed myself on Wednesday AM right when I woke up and was at 175.5. Ate totally OP all day, drank all my water, everything right on. Weighed myself again on Thursday AM and I was at 177.5! This morning I was 175 again. I think it was the extra coffee I drank and didn't drink extra water to balance it? You are right, don't worry about it! Keep Calm and IP On!
  • Quote: Hey Taylorhall, that is exactly how I try to catch myself as well. Somewhere in the Sticky notes is a handout someone received from their coach. I printed it and put it on my fridge and Pantry door. It explains the cost of cheating while on IP. Although we are all human, making slips can be part of this journey. Today, I am following my protocol. I know that I can do this even if only 1 day at a time. I had a tougher day today and no haven't given in to it. My usual would have been to look for comfort in food. I instead came on here. The feeling has now past. Thanks for this site
    Can you share those notes about the costs of cheating?