3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Menu Dilemma (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/285170-menu-dilemma.html)

Maxxy 07-23-2013 10:43 AM

Menu Dilemma

I am having about 6 people over on Saturday night for a football party. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can cook for a group that will still be IP friendly for me. None of these people know I am doing IP and I want to keep it that way. They are a huge group of snackers and junk food junkies (probably where a bunch of my bad habits come from!) . I can avoid eating the snacks with them while watching the game, pretend I am having alcohol when I am having sparkling water, :dizzy: but I need a dinner idea or two that would work for a group. (not sure why I get myself into these situations...lol)

SuzieV 07-23-2013 10:51 AM

Have a taco bar with lots of fresh veggies, meat and lettuce. That way you can have a taco salad and none would be wiser. Maybe make a variety of salads, since it is summer. A cucumber, onion & tomato. A fruit tray (for guests) and you could make a rhubarb crisp for them and an IP friendly crisp for you. You can do this!

floridasunshine 07-23-2013 11:07 AM

oohhh taco bar is such a good idea for parties. who doesn't like tacos? and you can build up a nice taco salad for yourself with taco meat, spring mix, pico de gallo, green onion, red onions, bell peppers, cilantro. my mouth is watering just thinking about it! :)

Maxxy 07-23-2013 11:08 AM

Taco bar is an awesome idea. They will think it's junk food and I can snicker to myself knowing it's healthy! Great idea!!!!

trishthayer 07-23-2013 11:12 AM

You can make IP friendly deviled eggs and/or chicken buffalo dip! I made both for a party last weekend and no one was the wiser! Good luck!

Art3mis 07-23-2013 11:13 AM

Veggies and chips and dip too you can just eat the veggies..they can have the dip and chips with it also.....you could even do BBQ stuff (hamburgers/hotdogs etc) and just not eat the buns...but the taco idea is maybe the best lol :D who doesn't want to eat a taco

Maile 07-23-2013 11:35 AM

The taco bar sounds fun and would work. You can also do grilled chicken..just make sure you have an IP tossed salad..no dressing..then have a vegie tray so you can make sure to get your vegetables...Then add other sides that your guests can eat. Keep WF dressing for you to use.

Good luck.

Maxxy 07-23-2013 11:38 AM

What is the recipe for IP friendly buffalo dip??? Buffalo is my favourite kind of dip!

65X65 07-23-2013 01:00 PM

:) Was thinking grilled chicken would be great in addition or alternative to taco meat along with the salad fixin's too... ditto a veggie tray or veggie skewers, plain lettuce in a big bowl with dressings on the side. Decaf iced tea or coffee with and other non alcoholic selections like club soda or seltzer water is a must too...A taco/salad bar menu should let any IP-er feel comfortable!

Snowbaby 07-23-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxxy (Post 4798795)
What is the recipe for IP friendly buffalo dip??? Buffalo is my favourite kind of dip!

I want that recipe also!!!:o

trishthayer 07-23-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxxy (Post 4798795)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowbaby (Post 4798950)
I want that recipe also!!!:o

I baked chicken breast with lots of mrs. Dash extra spicy, paprika and chili spice. I put a small amount if water on the bottom also. I then shredded up the chicken with water from the pan. I then add buffalo hot wing sauce, you need to look carefully because they are all not 0/0/0. If you can't find one you can use just hot sauce. Then I add walden Farms blue cheese or ranch salad dressing. It has no cheese so it's more chicken than dip consistency. I hope I explained this well.

Rechyl 07-23-2013 05:01 PM

is now a bad time to say ive never eaten a taco in my 28 years on this earth and wouldnt even know what goes in one?

Art3mis 07-23-2013 05:42 PM

Rechyl ...YOU ARE MISSING OUT! :D

im acutally going to make taco salad tonight now, b/c of this thread haha...

MAXXY for buffalo sauce, i actually just cook (grill/bake whatever) my chicken and then dip it right in HOT sauce...sooo good :D...i actually even sometimes cut my chicken up and then toss it around in some hot sauce then add it to my salad. YUMMY! YUM!

Maxxy 07-23-2013 05:52 PM

I usually just dip in hot sauce too but I like the idea of shredding it, adding the dressing and I think I will have it as a dip for celery. I can get my veggies in that way and it's like a perfect football game snack.

Rechyl- try a taco salad and you will be hooked!

lauran 07-23-2013 09:26 PM

Rechyl-
Tacos are usually tortillas stuffed full of seasoned ground beef or grilled chicken, lettuce, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, black olives, and onions. Some people add salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.

Maxxy- Rainbow has a recipe for tostadas, or crispy flat tortillas that are amazing! Also, there is a recipe for mockamole (just search) that is to die for. Additionally, i opt to use veggie shreds, or vegan cheese, in place of my milk for the day (not strictly IP) so you could even have cheese!