Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Thanks so much everyone for all the advice! Another question- I saw Power Crunch bars today and trying to figure out if they are ok substitute when desperate lol. The triple chocolate has 210 cals, 13 g fat, 10 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 4 g sugar and 13 G protein. It contains stevia. Any feedback? Thanks!
Old 07-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #17  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Hoping this weeks' weigh will be better. My muscle mass has been going down instead of my fat mass I did buy a good scale last week though and have been using it religiously. Before I was probably having under 6oz of meat at the end of the day and now with my food scale I'm getting 4oz at lunch and 4oz in the evening, I know for a fact now Hoping my muscle mass goes back up, or at least doesn't come further down. We'll see.

This weeks' lost was a 1.4, but about 5" so I'm trying to keep myself positive. I know we'd rather see the scale go down and I'm working on hard not letting that 1.4 bother me, it is a lost after all. This Saturday will be an entire month I've been on IP!!! Longest I've ever stuck to anything... other than raising LO I can't wait to crack open a new journal!
First off I wanted to make sure you know that it's pretty common at about week 4 or 5 that everyone seems to have a slow week, and some will even have a 'rhythm' of like a great loss, good loss, good loss and slow loss. So be gentle with yourself and continue with the IP protocol and I bet next week is awesome!

Second thing and this I am just curious about, I see you are breaking your protein into two meals (perfectly fine, as we each have to make this work for ourselves), but what will you do when you go to phase two and should be having the 8 oz. of protein at each of those meals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
Thanks so much everyone for all the advice! Another question- I saw Power Crunch bars today and trying to figure out if they are ok substitute when desperate lol. The triple chocolate has 210 cals, 13 g fat, 10 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 4 g sugar and 13 G protein. It contains stevia. Any feedback? Thanks!
I would say no to this as an alternative, the calories are higher than I like but mainly it's the fat content at 117 calories from fat for 210 calories its over 50% from fat when we have to keep the fat to 30% or less.

Everyone have a great OP day, celebrate your losses and if its a 'only' sort of day remember to be gentle with yourself

Last edited by MntRose; 07-16-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
First off I wanted to make sure you know that it's pretty common at about week 4 or 5 that everyone seems to have a slow week, and some will even have a 'rhythm' of like a great loss, good loss, good loss and slow loss. So be gentle with yourself and continue with the IP protocol and I bet next week is awesome!

Second thing and this I am just curious about, I see you are breaking your protein into two meals (perfectly fine, as we each have to make this work for ourselves), but what will you do when you go to phase two and should be having the 8 oz. of protein at each of those meals?

Everyone have a great OP day, celebrate your losses and if its a 'only' sort of day remember to be gentle with yourself
Thanks for responding!!

I will keep plugging away as I actually find this really easy to stick to! We'll see what next's weeks' loss looks like, I'm hoping I'm a cycle loser where it will go big loss, medium loss, little loss, big loss, etc... lol wishful thinking?

I've never been a meat eater... or a veggie eater, hence the weight I put on lol. I've gotten used to the 4 cups of veggies a day and that's going on fine. I know when I get to phase 2 it will be a lot more meat, but at the same time with more protein there will be a need for exercise? I may actually get hungry enough to eat an entire meal? Or I may have to adopt the 5-6 mini meals a day. I'm not overly concerned with it at this point because I believe I will be in phase 1 until close to Christmas and maybe a few months after.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #19  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all! My WI was this morning and I am down another 5.5 pounds! My biggest loss since Week 1! I am super-excited. There was a bit of a reduction in lean mass (boo) but fat loss was about 2.5 pounds (yeah!). So I am stoked and it was a good way to start a busy day. 21.4 pounds of fat to go before I see where I am and where I want to go with this P1 Journey!

PS: What makes me even more happy is that I am *officially* under the weight I have claimed on my driver's license for y.e.a.r.s!!! Woot!

Last edited by sarita75; 07-16-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #20  

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good morning all! My WI was this morning and I am down another 5.5 pounds! My biggest loss since Week 1! I am super-excited. There was a bit of a reduction in lean mass (boo) but fat loss was about 2.5 pounds (yeah!). So I am stoked and it was a good way to start a busy day. 21.4 pounds of fat to go before I see where I am and where I want to go with this P1 Journey!

PS: What makes me even more happy is that I am *officially* under the weight I have claimed on my driver's license for y.e.a.r.s!!! Woot!
Congrats Sarita. That is awesome especially the DL weight. It will take me a very, very long time to get to the weight that I have noted on my DL. LOL I'm sure the person behind the counter has looked at me and said to themself "Are you kidding lady" but I never had the guts to tell them I weighed over 200 lbs and way more than that actually.

Last edited by tallgirl231; 07-16-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #21  

@shrinkingsusie YES you will use the loo way more often...esp at the start while your body is adjusting and mobilizing stuff outta cells and into cells and back out (real technical explanation i know)...plus you are more than likely more conscious of your water intake..which will of course put in the bathroom more often. I feel your pain about not be able to run to washroom when you need to, my job kinda leaves me crossing my legs sometimes... BUT it seems to have calmed down a bit since im a few weeks in

@KryssyBee
My muscles mass is going down as well..i asked my coach about that today and she informed me that it indicated that my body was using the glucose stores within my fat cells....it proves im in ketosis and helping my body to learn to use a different source of fuel.

@sarita75 im super jealous ..keep up the amazing work

Last edited by Art3mis; 07-16-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #22  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post

For the ladt 12 years my goal has always been to weigh the weight printed on my driver's license. With IP, I'm actually going to make it this time. Congrats on your accomplishment!
Old 07-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #23  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Slow weigh loss this week - only down .4lbs. I am so bummed. My coach said don't worry about it until you have really small losses for several weeks.

I just have to remind myself to keep going and not get discouraged. I'm midway through week 15 and have at least 29 weeks to go.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #24  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Thanks all! And SuzieV - for some reason, making it below that fake number, is so huge! I will be excited to hear about when you ready your goal!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
@KryssyBee
My muscles mass is going down as well..i asked my coach about that today and she informed me that it indicated that my body was using the glucose stores within my fat cells....it proves im in ketosis and helping my body to learn to use a different source of fuel.
Great info!!!

I have three coaches that rotate through the clinic and none of them have a set schedule, so I get whoever I get when I go in on Saturday. The one coach doesn't take time to go through my journal or answer questions. She took my paper, said my muscle mass went down and left the room. I save my questions for when I see one of the other coaches who actually takes the time. But this was one... should I be concerned? But thanks for answering!

Last edited by KryssyBee; 07-16-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 187/138/140

Height: 5'3"

Something has crawled into my mouth and died. I know we're likely to end up with bad breath on this diet and my daughter said my breath was "hurting" her the other morning when she snuggled in with me, ugh.

When I first started and my mouth felt icky I drank extra water and things seemed fine. I'm about to float away today but my mouth still feels disgusting. Any suggestions?

Happy to be down 20lbs at least. I'm surprised to not get any comments from people yet but did have a NSV the other day: I wore a shirt tucked into my pants (I'm not a tucker!!) and had to wear a belt to keep the pants up. At least my husband finally said I looked really good that day.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinnerJ View Post
Something has crawled into my mouth and died. I know we're likely to end up with bad breath on this diet and my daughter said my breath was "hurting" her the other morning when she snuggled in with me, ugh.

When I first started and my mouth felt icky I drank extra water and things seemed fine. I'm about to float away today but my mouth still feels disgusting. Any suggestions?

Happy to be down 20lbs at least. I'm surprised to not get any comments from people yet but did have a NSV the other day: I wore a shirt tucked into my pants (I'm not a tucker!!) and had to wear a belt to keep the pants up. At least my husband finally said I looked really good that day.
Spry gum? One of my coaches said I could have 8 pieces a day. I usually do two at once to have somewhat a normal gum.

Alternatively, Listerine breath strips... the little things you just drop on your tongue, paper thin and melt. I use these as well.

Or.... brush your teeth after every time you eat. This also helps with hunger as I don't have the taste of food lingering in my mouth
Old 07-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 248.2/ticker/150

Height: 5'5""

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinnerJ View Post
I love to see everyone's victories on here, SV and NSV alike. It helps me on days when I am daydreaming about snacks from the vending machine. Today is the first day I have had a problem with being hungry and I know it is because I miscalculated my calories when I was packing my lunch last night and I didnt pack enough to eat. I am hoping I can suck it up for the next 2.25 hours....or I might just get a cup of hot tea with splenda (I prefer Stevia, but I dont have any work).
Old 07-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #29  

@thinnerJ im like a super freak when it comes to the breath/mouth order department. I was an avid gum chewer, now that i can't chew gum im trying more toothbrushing, along with 4 Pack - TUNG Brush - Tongue Cleaner (haven't received them yet but have high hope for them based on the reviews, found them on amazon.com)

then there is Ricochet Mints with Xylitol, Peppermint, 100-Count Mints (Pack of 6) .....with sugar alcohol xylitol....

and lastly good old Binaca sugar-free Aeroblast 150 Breath Spray, Spearmint 0.2 oz(pack of 6) ......

the other thing to consider would be like eating foods that help hid bad breath...we are breaking stuff down.....so the smell is really from your gut rather than your mouth.... so dont forget about :
Parsley,cardamom, coriander, cilantro, mint, tarragon, eucalyptus and oregano....or add some lemon to one of your waters (or drink lemon with hot water)...

Use salt. Gargle it to neutralize some of the odor. It is more effective if combined with baking soda.

maybe the pros who have been here for a lot longer than me have more insights...hope it helps

Last edited by Art3mis; 07-16-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #30  

Height: 5'-8"

TinnerJ - I agree with Art2mis: I resorted to muddling mint with Ice and water. Its a treat bc I always make a 32 oz. Container and I actually enjoy chewing on the mint when it lands in the glass to drink. I don't use much and I found it has made a Huge difference in the breath department between burshings.
Closed Thread