3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Monday 7/15/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/284831-ip-daily-chat-monday-7-15-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 07-15-2013 06:14 AM

IP Daily Chat Monday 7/15/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Balanced Life 07-15-2013 06:33 AM

Wow! This place is great lol. So I eased into IP on Saturday and Sunday( didn't follow exactly but closely) and am down 2lbs before my official start date of today! Totally psyched. Got a huge headache but nothing I can't tolerate. Is there a better pain reliever recommended on IP- meaning Tylenol v. Advil?

Shannonmeows 07-15-2013 09:06 AM

Headaches on IP

Sounds crazy but it worked for me (and advised on the instructions sheet in the IP folder work) a little IP salt in a small amount if water, drink down & honestly, in 20 minutes, my headache was gone!! And I've always been a big Aleve taker!!! :dizzy:

theEguarantee 07-15-2013 09:19 AM

Good morning!

My losses have definitely slowed, but as of this weekend i'm down 30.8!! I'm excited to be where I am, but i'm already ready to be in the 170's! Today starts my 9th week & i'm ready to keep going and kick some butt!

Keep up the great work everyone! :)

Poppycock 07-15-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theEguarantee (Post 4793169)
Good morning!

My losses have definitely slowed, but as of this weekend i'm down 30.8!! I'm excited to be where I am, but i'm already ready to be in the 170's! Today starts my 9th week & i'm ready to keep going and kick some butt!

30.8 is amazing!

majofki 07-15-2013 09:30 AM

Well.....by my scale at home, 1st thing in the morning weigh-in, it appears that I've lost 22 lbs since May 9th, or approximately 2+ lb/week. Which is basically fine, but I'm a little discouraged, in that I was bouncing along so well at first, but now am down to about 1 1/2 lb/wk for past 3 weeks. The real issue is that I've gotten into occasional little bitty nibbling, or allowing myself to forget to tell the waiter to leave the parmesan cheese off the salad, even tho I've already deducted the carrots, croutons, and dressing. I fluff off most of it when it arrives, but indulge myself in some of it for taste satisfaction.

And, I made some cauliflower patties with eggs, P. cheese, spices, etc., for my husband, but nibbled on the little 1" pieces that fall off in transferring it from pan to plate. It's the cheese thing. THAT was always my weakness.
:?:

majofki 07-15-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theEguarantee (Post 4793169)
Good morning!

Far out! My hat's off to you!

fighterchic 07-15-2013 09:48 AM

I'm very glad for this forum as it helped me during my IP. As of last week I had to come off the diet because I found out I'm pregnant. This diet does really work and does change your eating habits if followed well. I've learned some great habbits from the diet and hope to continue them in my pregnancy. Now I need to find the healthy pregnancy forum. Good luck to all and see you in about 10 months from now to take off the pregnancy weight. And Lisa your awesome and full of great advice!!

Spiritman 07-15-2013 09:50 AM

Morning folks,

Just wanted to check in/report that this last week has been a bit less than pleasant in retrospect. Nothing emotionally wrong but I have been experiencing a dramatic increase in blood pressure drops. Initially I thought it was due to over exertion. It was easily dealt with by increasing salt and water intake. But they have been occurring more frequently then in the past - since starting IP. I have been on plan, not exerting myself at all in the last week and nothing else has changed for me.

This weekend I ended giving myself a decent scare. DW and I were at the lake camping - well I guess RVing for the camping purists lol, and after many hours of doing absolutely nothing but sitting in my chair and watching the fire DW let me know supper was ready.

I stood up and took a step towards the trailer and I got my hand on the hand rail by the door and that's all I remember, the world went black. I came to on the ground in a heap with DW who is a RN hovering over me trying to check my vitals and ascertain my level of consciousness. I was unresponsive to her questions - I could hear her I just couldn't comprehend what she was saying nor could I answer her.

A moment later my facilities returned and I could start answering her. Then it was time to assess the damage. My right palm has some abrasion from the hand rail grip twisting in my hand as I went down. DW tells me I fell forward smashing both my right inner bicep into the hand rail - I've got a beauty of bruise from that one - and my forehead into the side of the trailer. Which would account for the wicked headache I had for the rest of the day. Last but but least a very sore back that I somehow twisted as I was floating to the ground like a freshly falling snowflake - not. DW tells me if not for that hand rail I would have fallen and hit my head on the metal steps on the trailer.

Probably the worst injury occurred to my ears as for the next several hours I listened to DW lecture me about how I/we were moving onto phase 2, and that I was not getting enough protein, how scared she was, etc. etc.

So the remainder of this week I will continue to monitor my blood pressure and see what happens. Not a great way to spend the weekend "relaxing" Oh and it was so windy and cold we could not take the boat out at all and it rained on Sunday so we came home early. A nice topper for everything else that happened. :)

meinola 07-15-2013 10:18 AM

Does anyone have any tips for remembering to take the supplements/vitamins? If so, I am all ears. I have the hardest time remembering to take them. I completely forgot the last two Cal-Mags last night... Should I take the ones I forgot today and have 6?

lisa32989 07-15-2013 10:23 AM

Spiritman
Hey! I hope you made a dr appt this am!

So glad you are ok, despite some bumps and bruises.

I had to take a P1 break due to thyroid problems. I'm on vacation and away from my scale but everything fits the same and I'm eating clean so I'm not worried.

If I were having symptoms like you're having, which aren't controlled by adding salt, I'd DEFINITELY be finding out the cause.

Don't forget about the alternative plan. Which takes you out of Ketosis but you could still continue losing (slower).

Quote:

Originally Posted by meinola (Post 4793204)
Does anyone have any tips for remembering to take the supplements/vitamins? If so, I am all ears. I have the hardest time remembering to take them. I completely forgot the last two Cal-Mags last night... Should I take the ones I forgot today and have 6?

Don't bother with the extras, you don't absorb it all that way

Perhaps set an alarm on your phone as a reminder?
Or put something next to your bed as a visual reminder.

SweetScrumptious 07-15-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balanced Life (Post 4793090)
Wow! This place is great lol. So I eased into IP on Saturday and Sunday( didn't follow exactly but closely) and am down 2lbs before my official start date of today! Totally psyched. Got a huge headache but nothing I can't tolerate. Is there a better pain reliever recommended on IP- meaning Tylenol v. Advil?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannonmeows (Post 4793157)
Sounds crazy but it worked for me (and advised on the instructions sheet in the IP folder work) a little IP salt in a small amount if water, drink down & honestly, in 20 minutes, my headache was gone!! And I've always been a big Aleve taker!!! :dizzy:

My coach also advised to sprinkle a little bit of salt into water to avoid experiencing headaches/get rid of one.

SweetScrumptious 07-15-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Are you able to buy a pill box for each day? The ones that have the "Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Bedtime" slots? That way, it be easier for you to carry around in your purse or something if you are out. I also agree with Lisa - try setting an alarm until it becomes more of a habit.

ragdoll74 07-15-2013 10:36 AM

Spiritman I hope phase 2 helps to relieve your blood pressure symptoms. That sounded pretty scary.

meinola I bring all my supplements to work with me in my lunch bag and when I get there I then lay out the ones I need during the day on my desk in front of my monitor. When I get home I take the CalMag bottle and put it on the kitchen table so I remember to take them with dinner. When I clear the table, I put the Cal-Mags back in my lunch bag for the next day. It's hard to forget taking my supplements when I have them right in front of my face during meals & snacks.

shrinkingsusie 07-15-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

I always put them in the basket that I keep all of my IP foods in. Then every time I am getting out a packet, I see them and remember. And because of that, I always seem to remember at dinner time, too.