Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #16  
Started IP 5/20/2013

S/C/G: 270/IP211.8/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
Happy weekend fellow IPers....
So for kicks and giggles, I thought why not, grabbed a Petite Medium top and a pair of 10 petite pants to try on.....they not only fit, but the top was almost too big...
Such a great feeling! Very happy for you and that you're listening to your friends. I think they do see us in a much different light. One of mine said the other day, when I apologized for my too big top constantly sliding off my shoulder (I hadn't tried it out before leaving the house) and she just laughed, but kindly. She said, "You know, you always wear clothes that are too big for you, right? This one's just extra-too-big." I hadn't realized that at all, but she's right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post
"Don't reward yourself with food. You're not a dog." And as soon as I read it, I realized I was doing this with LO. When we go to the store and she's behaving well, I'll get her a kinder-egg as a 'treat'. It hit me so hard that I was driving this kind of behaviour into my daughter and I'm working on changing that around.
This is SO important, KryssyBee! I have always tried so hard not to do this with my boys (who are 4 and 7 1/2) because I was constantly given sweets as rewards when I was little. Ice cream is still my favorite thing in the world and that's probably why - all the good, rewarding feelings. The boys still have ice cream, but they have it as dessert a couple of times a week, and not as a special treat. They just got swim badges - which they've been working on every day - and we picked out something together that they really wanted, that they could have when they got their badges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Wow! 142 pounds down. You must feel so different! Just curious...since you ave lost it, have you tried to pick up and carry anything that weighs 142? Can you do it? I've only lost about 30 but the other day I was carrying a 30 lb container of cat litter to the basement and found myself complaining that 'it was so heavy' ....then it dawned on me ...and I smiled!
Yes, I think the only way we'll be able to carry the weight we lose is if we strap it to our butts and thighs.

Home alone with the kids this weekend and so far, so good. They're having pizza, I'm having steak and kale chips and their is a frappuccino in my future tonight. It's 90 here, so there is a lot of swimming going on...Happy Weekend.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #17  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Long day of walking in the sun so I am looking forward to my extra packet tonight - either wild berry yogurt semi-frozen or... I just bought a quest bar. Mmmmm... that cheesecake is looking tasty.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #18  

Height: 5'5"

Made Popsicles today from the ready made mango drink, wicked GOOD!!! I only had the large molds and it made 3 Popsicles. I am going to try to find the small molds it would be like 6!!!! So yummy
Old 07-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Wow! 142 pounds down. You must feel so different! Just curious...since you have lost it, have you tried to pick up and carry anything that weighs 142? Can you do it? I've only lost about 30 but the other day I was carrying a 30 lb container of cat litter to the basement and found myself complaining that 'it was so heavy' ....then it dawned on me ...and I smiled!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcn1254 View Post
That's a great way to look at our weight loss, I hadn't thought of that before. No wonder my knees are feeling so much better. I've lost 35 lbs. so far. I can just imagine what I'll feel like when I'm down 50 & 100 lbs.
I'm at the beach right now & the house is up on a dune with 47 stairs to the beach. 90 lbs lighter than last year, it's easier walking DOWN those stairs...let alone up!

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-06-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #20  

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a good weekend!

My spouse (he's not on IP, just a good helper cook) and I were working on dinner earlier and we came up with a really good alternative nicoise salad that is good for IP. I replaced the potatoes with boiled baby turnips, had a small amount of green beans, tuna, some hardboiled egg (only whites), green onions and iceberg lettuce. I made a nicoise dressing with baked garlic, apple cider vingar, EVO, and a very small amount of anchovy paste. It was divine! This was my favorite salad off of IP and I didn't even really notice a big difference in the modified version. Looking forward to having this again soon (I know the green beans are limited, but makes a good once a week treat!).
Old 07-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Went scuba diving today! My legs got quite the work out :0. It was fun because I got a new wetsuit that fits so much better than my old one!!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
Made Popsicles today from the ready made mango drink, wicked GOOD!!! I only had the large molds and it made 3 Popsicles. I am going to try to find the small molds it would be like 6!!!! So yummy
great idea.! imma get some molds too thanks

@lisa wow that's a lot of stairs must be a great view
Old 07-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #23  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Hubby and I went out to dinner tonight and managed the menu just fine. I felt a little like Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally, but our waitress was great.

It took me forever to get ready because I kept changing outfits. I just didn't like the way any of my clothes fit. But unlike the past when they were too small or too tight, this time they were all too big! Even the ones I wasn't expecting to be too big were swimming on me. Time to hit the local consignment store for some smaller clothes!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #24  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
As we are losing the weight that we have carried for so many years of our lives, changing how we see our bodies is probably the hardest part of this entire process ( once you get past the food part that is ). I encourage those of you who also struggle with this to listen to what others are saying when they say how good you look, and when they make suggestions about trying sizes and styles you may have never considered in the past. They are actually seeing us more clearly at the moment than we may be able to see ourselves...
Such wonderful advice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post
In other business... while waiting for the coach to come in and do the measurements, I was reading the posters on the wall and one caught my eye. "Don't reward yourself with food. You're not a dog." And as soon as I read it, I realized I was doing this with LO. When we go to the store and she's behaving well, I'll get her a kinder-egg as a 'treat'. It hit me so hard that I was driving this kind of behaviour into my daughter and I'm working on changing that around. We had lots of running around to do today and she behaved the whole time. At the end she asked for an egg... I asked what she thought about getting $2.00 instead (pretty much the cost of the egg). When we got home I made her a little chart, to lead up to $30.00 and said when she got to that point, we'd take her piggy bank to the store and she could buy herself whatever toy she wanted. She's 4.5 years old, so I'm hoping this is successful and maybe it will teach her the value of money and getting to spend her own money. We'll switch over to a weekly allowance when she's 6years or so and she has regular chores to do around the house.
That reward quote is awesome. I'm going to share it over in Annik's motivation thread. I'm not sure if it's motivation or demotivation, but I love it! And your realization upon reading it and subsequent changes with your daughter are fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
I got my ketosis strips yesterday, i know these boards highly advised against them but i had made the purchase before i was given that advice...anyhow the stick told me i am in ketosis...so...that's good .....in other news....i sometimes feels like im forcing food down, i am never hungry...so that's REALLY GOOD.
I bought ketosis strips, too. I wanted to make sure I was really in ketosis for my own piece of mind, and I use them now and then. I don't see anything wrong with it. My first thread here on the board was charmingly entitled "I Peed on a Stick!"
Old 07-07-2013, 01:02 AM   #25  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

I was just checking Facebook and I saw this, thought I would share:
Quote:
Originally Posted by facebook;Ideal Protein Weight Loss, November 8, 2012 at 10:37am ·
We have a terrific e-book full of Ideal Protein recipes and another book called The Fast Start Success Guide. If anyone would like a FREE copy sent to them, just email us at [email protected] and we'll send them right out to you. Feel free to SHARE as well. We're all in this together...

Oh wow just realized how old that is, I thought about deleting and not posting it at all. Just as I have never seen it before, perhaps others can still benefit as well. I know I sent an email asking for a copy right before coming here to share.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #26  

Today will be an interesting challenge.

It is our anniversary and we're going to dinner
We were also invited to brunch.

I chose the restaurants. I'm P3 this month so hoping I'll find suitable choices (esp for brunch. It isn't my preference to go out for breakfast)
Old 07-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #27  

Default New here! Very excited!

Good morning all!

I couldn't sleep last night and was feeling awful about the weight I have gained in the last year. I am 40 with four daughters, and have struggled with my weight ever since the birth of my second, who is now 13! In November 2011 I started Herbalife and lost about 30 lbs by June 2012. Well have gained it all back in this last year.

I began IP in February of this year, and still have many IP products, but I wasn't a huge fan of the women at the clinic I went to Last night I started looking online for another clinic I could go to, but found a blog that sent me here. I am truly hoping to learn from all of you, and eventually be able to give tips, too.

I will be on vacation from this Thursday to next Tuesday, but want to get my mind in order before I leave
Old 07-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Today will be an interesting challenge.

It is our anniversary and we're going to dinner
We were also invited to brunch.

I chose the restaurants. I'm P3 this month so hoping I'll find suitable choices (esp for brunch. It isn't my preference to go out for breakfast)
Lisa--Happy Anniversary...Cheers to you and your hubby!

How many years?!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Lisa--Happy Anniversary...Cheers to you and your hubby!

How many years?!
Thanks! 6. We were married on lucky 7/7/7

Btw my brunch was a florentine omelet with sautéed field greens subbed instead of HB & garlic toast
Old 07-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #30  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Happy anniversary Lisa!

Rainbow - I just ate your tostada and it was AMAZING. Wow. That was a really satisfying, large meal!
Closed Thread